• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj said cp3 wants to go
To Milwaukee

of course he does.

how would they make the money work?

They don’t have $46 million in expendable contracts. CP3 May be overrating his own value relative to his contract.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to end the decade on a high note Kings.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet the celebrated great coach knows this, and still made his decisions. I trust him over you.

Good for you. And once again it doesn't change that his substitution pattern always been awful. Me, @TurnUpTheHeat , & @Heatles84 all noticed this prior to the big 3 era and he never changed.

The trust you have in him got his ass kicked by a shitty team with basically the entire starting lineup inactive lmao. It was never even close

Agree with this. Spo's a great developer of talent and game plans very well. He's a really good coach.

Having said that.....his substitution patterns have been dog shit for years.

I think it's a mixture of all of this.
I think that some injuries have caused him to try rotations that have worked out very well, that me might not ever have tried.
That being said, I don't think it's unique to just him or the Heat.

As far as playing more players, I agree that sometimes its necessary and sometimes not.
Yesterday was their 3rd game in 4th night, coming off an OT win, and a 1 point game the night before.
Probably a good time to add to the rotation.
I was at the Orange Bowl, so I didn't see any of the game to comment on what happened.

There is no reason that James Johnson can't be used for 12-15 minutes IMO.
I really thought he would use JJ vs LeBron. Once he didn't, I felt that he's in the doghouse for some reason.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in, CP3 is still pretty fn good

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he does.

how would they make the money work?

They don’t have $46 million in expendable contracts. CP3 May be overrating his own value relative to his contract.

I looked it up on the trade machine. Paul has 38.5 mil salary this year. To make it work, Mil would have to gut its team with either Bledsoe and B.Lopez in the deal or Bledsoe, Hill and a bunch of other guys (which OKC wouldn't have the roster space for).

Like, this one works numberswise NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

but there's no way those "projected wins" is right because I think losing Brook Lopez would hurt the Bucks quite a bit. For CP3 to get to Milwaukee, its gonna have to be multiple teams involved. The pieces aren't there to make it work straight up. OKC has some trade exceptions to take in some unwanted cap space from other teams so that might be incentive for the Bucks to look for other teams maybe willing to get rid of unwanted contracts.

OKC should try to sell high on CP3 right now. He (and the team) are balling right now. With his salary being "low" relative to the rest of his contract, you might find a team willing to bite to chase a ring right now this year with how he's playing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Addendum:

This one actually works too NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I think this one actually helps the Bucks out a lot more but I see little incentive for OKC to do it other than to rid themselves of Paul's contract. Which they might. But they might also be able to do just a tad bit better in some other trade as well (not so much better players, but maybe players with shorter contracts so the money comes off sooner)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Addendum:

This one actually works too NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I think this one actually helps the Bucks out a lot more but I see little incentive for OKC to do it other than to rid themselves of Paul's contract. Which they might. But they might also be able to do just a tad bit better in some other trade as well (not so much better players, but maybe players with shorter contracts so the money comes off sooner)

That deal would be great for the Thunder. They are a playoff team right now. Paul is an upgrade over Bledsoe for the short term, but the Thunder aren’t getting past the first round. They would be wise to take the opportunity to dump Paul cheaply:

I actually think this move would be terrible for the Bucks. They lose depth, go over the luxury tax line and would now have 2 monster non-Giannis long term contracts. And I am not sure it makes them significantly better in the short term.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thunder will be making a deal. They are under the cap this year but next year are 50 million over. I look for Adams to be moved by the deadline. And of course Galinari will be gone.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 8th seeds in both conferences are shaping up to be very bad.

Right now they're 14-18 & 14-19 approaching the halfway mark of the season.

Crazy thing about the West is the Pelicans who been shit all year long is just 5 games out and that's with Zion likely returning this month.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That deal would be great for the Thunder. They are a playoff team right now. Paul is an upgrade over Bledsoe for the short term, but the Thunder aren’t getting past the first round. They would be wise to take the opportunity to dump Paul cheaply:

I actually think this move would be terrible for the Bucks. They lose depth, go over the luxury tax line and would now have 2 monster non-Giannis long term contracts. And I am not sure it makes them significantly better in the short term.

They lose depth for the regular season, but the rotation shortens for the playoffs. Rolling out Paul, Middleton, Wes Matthews, Giannis, B.Lopez is just as good a line up that any other contending team can throw out there. Bledsoe has shrunken in the playoffs before and Hill can be hit or miss so getting a steady player of Paul's quality might be enough to entice the Bucks to do the trade. Because its a win now move and if you win the championship this year, its worth it regardless of the backend costs. Plus, if I were Mil, the deal would also include a nice draft pick as well from OKC's deep trove of picks. Getting Paul + a pick would help swallow the back end of that deal.