• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat didn't show up to play basketball tonight.....

yeah. Shocker there.

Did not watch the game. Was watching UVA in the Orange Bowl. But getting blown out by the Wizards playing without Beal is a real head scratcher. Like you said, they clearly didn’t show up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The classic "I know more than a great NBA coach"

Close it down indeed.

Why does someone have to know more than a coach to criticize him?

That is lame.

I am a UVA fan. I believe Tony Bennett is the best coach in college basketball today. Would not trade him for anyone. He does so many amazing things, he runs his program the right way and he cultivates winners in and off the court. I literally love the man.

Yet, I can’t stand some of his rotation decisions and I often criticize them. That doesn’t mean I think I know more about coaching than he does. But I strongly disagree with his overly conservative foul management philosophy and I believe there are times where he gives too many minutes to defensive studs who provide little value offensively.

There is no such thing as a perfect coach. Even the best of the best makes mistakes from time to time. It is okay to criticize a good coach’s decisions from time to time. Because even the best are wrong sometimes. Spo is probably wrong to play so few guys.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is lame.

I am a UVA fan. I believe Tony Bennett is the best coach in college basketball today. Would not trade him for anyone. He does so many amazing things, he runs his program the right way and he cultivates winners in and off the court. I literally love the man.

Yet, I can’t stand some of his rotation decisions and I often criticize them. That doesn’t mean I think I know more about coaching than he does. But I strongly disagree with his overly conservative foul management philosophy and I believe there are times where he gives too many minutes to defensive studs who provide little value offensively.

There is no such thing as a perfect coach. Even the best of the best makes mistakes from time to time. It is okay to criticize a good coach’s decisions from time to time. Because even the best are wrong sometimes. Spo is probably wrong to play so few guys.

lol, you sound like me when it comes to Andy Reid...

i get into convos with fellow Chiefs fans about firing the guy(not on these boards, fortunately). guy's OBVIOUSLY one of the best in the business, but his time management of games sometimes drives me up a wall...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i get into convos with fellow Chiefs fans about firing the guy(not on these boards, fortunately). guy's OBVIOUSLY one of the best in the business, but his time management of games sometimes drives me up a wall...

You're welcome for the 1st round bye, bud. Good luck in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The major difference between him and Simmons. Not saying Simmons would have be as good as Giannis but he could have at least worked on something.

Giannis literally gets better every single year. He works on something in the summer and you see the result of it every season.

That's why Giannis will be known as an all time great player. Virtually all of the all time greats say some version of the same thing...you want to truly be a great player, pick at least one thing, every off-season and try to improve it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is lame.

Agree. The kind of "downside" with a great coach is that they can get stuck on how they do things and don't want to change.

Phil is one of the greatest coaches in league history. But I often disagreed with how he handled time outs. I liked that he didn't feel like he needed to call time out every time things started going a little sideways. But there were also many times that I would be practically yelling "call a timeout" because they obviously needed one, but he'd just sit there. Lol

Doesn't mean I think I'm a better coach. Just means that he had a blindspot as most coaches do, even the greats.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying KAT is maxed out?

He's only 24 years old, theoretically not even in his prime, and is averaging 22ppg, 12rpg for his career playing for the Minnesota Timberwolves... of course he's never won
contract. Not ability.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAT is on a rookie max. He is making just over 30 million a year on average through 2024.

that is not nearly the same as a guy like CP3 on an actual vet max contract.

I doubt Minnesota trades him unless somebody offers a Kings ransom because they don’t have to. But he is on a great contract that any team would want to have.
a top 1-5 pick, another #1 and DLo is a king's ransom.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his substitution pattern been ass as long as he been the coach. Every Heat fan on here would agree with me. We actually watch Miami play. This is nothing new with him. I been complaining about this for years.

Never going to win a game going with a stupid 8 man rotation after you played 2 tough games on Friday and Saturday including one that went to OT. You're asking to lose by throwing an 8 man rotation out there.
couldn't have just been an off night or really go nuts and give credit to the other team?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you not being a fan of Spo at all is one of your worst sports takes. He's easily a top 5 coach in the league right now.
Clearly he has gotten to the point where he thinks team is so great any loss must be on the coach.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but all of you Heat fans know a small fraction of what Spo knows about coaching a team. Who knows why he does his rotations? You don't know what conversations he is having with these players, you don't know who told him they don't feel it tonight, you aren't watching the team day after day.

You aren't a professional paid millions to win ballgames, and doing so really really well for years, to the point where he is recognized as a great coach. He's a great coach. You and the other fans are not.
I agree with you on this idea, but I do think fans are entitled to have an opinion about a HC, even a successful one. Also possible their opinion could have merit.

That said, if that person complains about the coach after every loss (not saying bk is that guy) it is hard to take him/her seriously.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're not using common sense lol.

They won by 1 Friday night. Won by 1 on Saturday and needed OT. He played at least 5 players 34+ minutes (2 played 40+ minutes) on the 2nd night of a B2B.

Common sense should tell you "yeah maybe tonight I should extend the rotation to 10". He is a real clown if he thought this 8 man rotation on the 3rd game in 4 nights was going to end well.
So you think not playing the guys as much who helped him win those games means they would have a better chance to win last night?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of sudden 8 man rotations in this 82 season marathon is a good thing?

LOL some people just love to argue on this board for no reason.

I know and it can be so irritating. Sports forums are so much better when everyone agrees.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is lame.

I agree we should be able to offer our opinions. But is possible our opinions can be wrong, especially when we are talking about successful coaches who know their teams better than we do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On this I agree. For whatever reason, even the best of the best in the NFL can have issues with clock management.

But that's different than questioning his Xs and Os/scheme.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is lame.

I never said fans can't criticize. That's part of the fun of it. But we should always remember that we don't have all the information. These guys see everything we see and then see much more. They make their decisions for a reason, and if they are good coaches their reasons are probably better than ours, with our limited information.

The reason I was busting bks' balls was him saying he has never liked Spo as a coach. Dude's lucky his team has one of the best coaches in the game and he doesn't like him because he thinks he can do his job better. GTFO with that bullshit.

Your take is better. You recognize Bennett's greatness and love the guy, even if you don't think he's perfect. Bks never stops ripping his teams coach which is just dumb.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think not playing the guys as much who helped him win those games means they would have a better chance to win last night?

Yes but I wasn't saying that. I was more saying the rotation should have been extended last night knowing the circumstances (3rd game in 4 nights)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but I wasn't saying that. I was more saying the rotation should have been extended last night knowing the circumstances (3rd game in 4 nights)
Would you be willing to believe someone like Lebron when it comes to minutes played (and he said this at age 33-34)? I get not everyone is Lebron, but some of those guys are, what, 8-10 years younger, right?

He always said once he prepares to play it does not matter how many minutes. I've also heard JVG say playing a guy 35-38 minutes not much different than playing him 30-33.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be willing to believe someone like Lebron when it comes to minutes played (and he said this at age 33-34)? I get not everyone is Lebron, but some of those guys are, what, 8-10 years younger, right?

He always said once he prepares to play it does not matter how many minutes. I've also heard JVG say playing a guy 35-38 minutes not much different than playing him 30-33.

This is irrelevant but ok. I'm sure Lebron legs feel tired on the 3rd game in 4 nights as well. Players are not going to ever complain about it. Once again, that wasn't my point. Your entire post is irrelevant. Players are not going to tell coaches they need fewer minutes. Coaches need to use common sense. You don't throw a 8 man rotation out there when playing for the 3rd time in 4 nights.

You do know Lebron is the main reason there are 2 days of in the finals now when teams need to travel