• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But whay the fuck do we know @Heatles84 ? Nothing because coaches are the only ones who know anything lmfaooo

As i said last night, it is clear this 8 man rotation crap must end.
These tweets are coming from Ethan Skolnik. A guy who been covering the heat for nearly 15 years

I see no lies. But Ethan's not a coach, so apparently he doesn't know anything.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lose depth for the regular season, but the rotation shortens for the playoffs. Rolling out Paul, Middleton, Wes Matthews, Giannis, B.Lopez is just as good a line up that any other contending team can throw out there. Bledsoe has shrunken in the playoffs before and Hill can be hit or miss so getting a steady player of Paul's quality might be enough to entice the Bucks to do the trade. Because its a win now move and if you win the championship this year, its worth it regardless of the backend costs. Plus, if I were Mil, the deal would also include a nice draft pick as well from OKC's deep trove of picks. Getting Paul + a pick would help swallow the back end of that deal.

The Back end cost could mean losing Giannis.

Milwaukee chose to trade Brogdon because they can’t afford the luxury tax for that long.

And an old CP3 isn’t that much of an upgrade over Bledsoe.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no lies. But Ethan's not a coach, so apparently he doesn't know anything.

Man your jimmies are extra rustled. And that's not what I said, of course.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they have Carmelo!

Carmelo isnt the issue. Injuries is.

Hard to be good when your starting sf and pf are out for the season while your starting center has yet to play a game and probably won't play until late February at the earliest. The Hood injury was a killer. Forced them to play Bazemore and Little way too much

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo isnt the issue. Injuries is.

Hard to be good when your starting sf and pf are out for the season while your starting center has yet to play a game and probably won't play until late February at the earliest. The Hood injury was a killer. Forced them to play Bazemore and Little way too much

Gonna be interesting to see if they stick with it to see what it looks like healthy or if they decide to break it up. McCollum is eligible to traded at the end of this month

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots about the summer league and how guys are being "overlooked" in that piece, little about how the two teams have an excellent development infrastructure in place that is more important than anything else in getting these guys to the league.

I do think in some ways it is easier to find those gems as Toronto, Miami and San Antonio have done when you are picking late in the draft. I say that because they have less invested in the guys they have drafted and therefor have opportunities to find talent elsewhere.

That is not to take away from what those franchises have done. They have found gems that the other 27 teams have whiffed on.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think in some ways it is easier to find those gems as Toronto, Miami and San Antonio have done when you are picking late in the draft. I say that because they have less invested in the guys they have drafted and therefor have opportunities to find talent elsewhere.

That is not to take away from what those franchises have done. They have found gems that the other 27 teams have whiffed on.

Thing about your comment is Miami aren't drafting these guys. Almost all of these guys are undrafted and are found via gleagu. If you take out the recent 1st round picks (Bam and Herro) then outside of Jrich, all of these guys were not drafted by Miami.

Tyler Johnson
Whiteside
Nunn
Duncan Robinson

Probably missing a name or 2 but that's 4 of 5 guys they turned to solid rotation guys who wasnt drafted by Miami

Derrick Jones Jr was drafted by Phoenix and they gave up on him immediately. Now he is a solid rotation guy in Miami.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing about your comment is Miami aren't drafting these guys. Almost all of these guys are undrafted and are found via gleagu. If you take out the recent 1st round picks (Bam and Herro) then outside of Jrich, all of these guys were not drafted by Miami.

Tyler Johnson
Whiteside
Nunn
Duncan Robinson

Probably missing a name or 2 but that's 4 of 5 guys they turned to solid rotation guys who wasnt drafted by Miami

Derrick Jones Jr was drafted by Phoenix and they gave up on him immediately. Now he is a solid rotation guy in Miami.

That is exactly my point though.

Teams that are picking in the lottery are more invested in the guys they take. And they keep them on the active roster for 4 years even when they bust because of their investment.

Even 2nd rounders taken in the 30s sometimes get a longer leash than they should.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/01/01/n..._source=twitter.com&__twitter_impression=true

Chris Mannix is now dead to me...

"
The Super Team Era will begin again … with James Harden … in Golden State

We all know the Warriors are the team to watch next summer, with a likely top-five pick and a 23-year old All-Star point guard in D’Angelo Russell to dangle in a trade. Houston is mired in the middle of the pack in the Western Conference and if the Rockets fizzle out early in the playoffs, Houston could look to re-boot. Dealing Harden to a rival may be painful, but a Russell/pick package may be the Rockets best chance to rebuild. For Golden State, plugging Harden in alongside Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson would give the Warriors the most dynamic offensive lineup since … Kevin Durant paired with Curry and Thompson. A championship window would be re-opened and the league would be playing catch-up with the Warriors—again."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man your jimmies are extra rustled. And that's not what I said, of course.

Not rustled at all. You came at Heat fans for criticizing Spo because he knows more about basketball then we do. One of the Heat beatwriters (whom again, Spo knows more about basketball than) is saying the same thing. I'm pointing out the major flaw in your logic.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not rustled at all. You came at Heat fans for criticizing Spo because he knows more about basketball then we do. One of the Heat beatwriters (whom again, Spo knows more about basketball than) is saying the same thing. I'm pointing out the major flaw in your logic.
No I came at bks for saying he doesn't like Spo as a coach. When Spo is a top 5 coach and the Heat are lucky to have him.

Criticizing is fine, that's part of sports, and no one is perfect. But be honest, who do you think knows more about coaching an NBA team, Spoelstra or us?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I came at bks for saying he doesn't like Spo as a coach. When Spo is a top 5 coach and the Heat are lucky to have him.

Criticizing is fine, that's part of sports, and no one is perfect. But be honest, who do you think knows more about coaching an NBA team, Spoelstra or us?

I know more about coaching an NBA team than Mark Jackson.