• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! Game of Zones is back! So much good stuff here. Bummer that they are ending it this Spring though

“YOUR LOAD MANAGEMENT, AAU SUPERHOUSES, ANALYTICS. THE OLD GODS WON’T STAND FOR THIS”

:pound:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a conversation, sport, and I asked a legitimate question as I'm curious. You might have answered it. In your eyes, a guy can be elite one year and play exactly the same, but get passed by 2 guys, and not be elite the next? Or the opposite? Not be elite, but a couple guys fall down but that QB plays the same and become elite the next year?

If Lebron (or MJ) is on his own level are there no other elite players?

Yes on both counts. Elite is the best of the best. It isn’t a set number of guys.

If 1 guy is head and shoulders above, then I guess that could hypothetically happen. Maybe it did in the Jordan era. With LeBron, IMO, there have always been at least 1 or 2 closer to him than the rest of the stars. Wade and Kobe circa 2010 and KD came up as they starting declining.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics on the tube at 2:00 today.

giphy (4).gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree to a point. Imo, MVP is about more than just numbers. His impact on the Heat is pretty undeniable.

Him being a favorite for MVP? No.

Him being in the convo? Sure. He's had a big impact on that team.

We're 30ish games in, so there's a long way to go and Jimmy can wear on folks. But as of now, I'd say he should be in the convo.

Of course, this early in the season, a lot of guys could be in that conversation that won't be when we're later in the season and likely at least a couple who will put themselves in the convo later that aren't in it now.

I agree and disagree at the same time if that is possible.

When you talk about who is going to win the award, that conversation starts and ends with a small number of names. Giannis, Harden and LeBron if he can stay healthy. Luka could force his way in the top 3 or 4 as could a a couple others like Kawhi or Embiid.

After that, Butler deserves mention for sure. But he just doesn’t have the stats to really be “in the conversation”. So I am not sure what that really means to say he is there.

Butler and Miami are having a great year. He deserves a ton of praise. But he is not REALLY in the MVP conversation. Because Harden is averaging almost 40 a game and the Bucks don’t seem to ever lose.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and disagree at the same time if that is possible.

When you talk about who is going to win the award, that conversation starts and ends with a small number of names. Giannis, Harden and LeBron if he can stay healthy. Luka could force his way in the top 3 or 4 as could a a couple others like Kawhi or Embiid.

After that, Butler deserves mention for sure. But he just doesn’t have the stats to really be “in the conversation”. So I am not sure what that really means to say he is there.

Butler and Miami are having a great year. He deserves a ton of praise. But he is not REALLY in the MVP conversation. Because Harden is averaging almost 40 a game and the Bucks don’t seem to ever lose.
Butler is last year's Paul George.

Small difference...

Heat are near the top of the East.

I actually have him behind Luka, Bron and Freak. But, ahead of Harden, Kawhi.

Not 100% positive if that's because I DESPISE Harden.

But, that's where I have him, 4th.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes on both counts. Elite is the best of the best. It isn’t a set number of guys.

If 1 guy is head and shoulders above, then I guess that could hypothetically happen. Maybe it did in the Jordan era. With LeBron, IMO, there have always been at least 1 or 2 closer to him than the rest of the stars. Wade and Kobe circa 2010 and KD came up as they starting declining.
I guess.....but I think an argument could be made Lebron was as far ahead of the next best as Mahomes/LJ to Brees.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is last year's Paul George.

Small difference...

Heat are near the top of the East.

I actually have him behind Luka, Bron and Freak. But, ahead of Harden, Kawhi.

Not 100% positive if that's because I DESPISE Harden.

But, that's where I have him, 4th.

Your Clippers are looking damn good. Wasn't expecting that. :heh: If there's a deeper team than them this year I'm not sure who it is.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, does anyone remember when some of us thought the Hawks were a playoff team?

Talk about falling asleep at the wheel...

tenor.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, does anyone remember when some of us thought the Hawks were a playoff team?

Talk about falling asleep at the wheel...

tenor.gif
Nope.....don't know what you are talking about.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Clippers are looking damn good. Wasn't expecting that. :heh: If there's a deeper team than them this year I'm not sure who it is.
Celtics.

We have the same strengths, Elite 2-way wings and a dynamic scoring guard .

And the same weaknesses, Center by committee.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they had the same suspension issues as the Suns.

Still, boy did I get this wrong...lol
I was spot on with them....was only joking when I had them as a 6-7 seed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics.

We have the same strengths, Elite 2-way wings and a dynamic scoring guard .

And the same weaknesses, Center by committee.

It's not often a team looses a player of Kyrie's talent & doesn't skip a beat. Speaks volumes of that Flat Earthers leadership skill.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess.....but I think an argument could be made Lebron was as far ahead of the next best as Mahomes/LJ to Brees.

sure.

I guess the point is that I would rather err on the side of too short a list than too big.

because that word gets tossed around too much and it takes away the meaning when it is overused.