• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a huge drop off in playing Utah or Dallas as the 3 seed compared to playing whoever finish 7th and 8th in the West. Chasing a top 2 seed is worth it if you want a nice easy 1st round match up. This isn't one of those years where 6th-8th in the West are on the same level. There is a significant drop off after Utah.

Last year for example, only 2 games separated 5-8 and in 2018 only 1 game separated 4-8

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that 2 of @Bolts team are on this list is heartbreaking

I've got some faith in the ownership/GM of the Padres for that drought to end soon, there's no reason to believe the Kings' drought will end anytime soon and I won't be surprised if it reached 20+ seasons. They just lost at home to the Wolves who lost 11 games in a row coming in and didn't have KAT. Oh and Fox and Bagley BOTH leave the game due to injury. I guess it's time to tank....again....and make the wrong pick in the draft....again.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got some faith in the ownership/GM of the Padres for that drought to end soon, there's no reason to believe the Kings' drought will end anytime soon and I won't be surprised if it reached 20+ seasons. They just lost at home to the Wolves who lost 11 games in a row coming in and didn't have KAT. Oh and Fox and Bagley BOTH leave the game due to injury. I guess it's time to tank....again....and make the wrong pick in the draft....again.
That is a tough team to be a fan of...props to you seriously

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avg 14 PPG this month.

Scored 26+ for the 2nd straight game

He's not overpaid at all. 13 mil yearly for a guy like him is about right. He more than lived up to the contract in his first 2 years of the deal. A bad month to start his 3rd year of the contract doesn't mean he was overpaid.

Players are allowed slow starts to the season. The NBA season isn't one month long.

No coincidence that Utah magically got better once they put Ingles back in the starting lineup

(This post isn't directed at you @ChiefsLakers67 )

With Gobert in the middle, they can get away with being small everywhere else.

They should continue to start Ingles and Bogdanovich once Conley comes back.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, Mahomes and LJ are the two best QBs by a good bit, IMO. This year. Today.

Current year is all that matters.

and of course Brees and Brady have been elite. They just aren’t as good as the other 2 right now. So not elite. And Brady isn’t even close THIS YEAR.
BOOM.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is, I define the term with how it makes sense to me. I even said for the very top that it is clear I have a different definition of elite. Instead of accepting that, you have the audacity to call my valid definition “foolish” just because you don’t agree and want to include more players.

I draw the line where my eye test says it should go. And since Brees, IMO is closer to Wilson or Watson than the top 2, I don’t rank him elite this year. And that is my prerogative and I can back it up.

meanwhile, you have some legitimately foolish opinions of your own. And you put them on full exhibit right here.
Just a conversation, sport, and I asked a legitimate question as I'm curious. You might have answered it. In your eyes, a guy can be elite one year and play exactly the same, but get passed by 2 guys, and not be elite the next? Or the opposite? Not be elite, but a couple guys fall down but that QB plays the same and become elite the next year?

If Lebron (or MJ) is on his own level are there no other elite players?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is open to trading RW....

Interesting.

According to an article I read, the Rockets tend to be a better team when Westbrook is off the floor. That's whether Harden is on the floor with him or not.

Yet, after 31 games they are 21-10 and sitting 4th, so not that far off the pace.

The article also said that Morey would trade anyone if he thought it would improve the team. I doubt he's actively calling teams, but I'm sure he's willing to take calls and listen to offers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 0 reasons to think Herro and Nunn aren’t the real deal.
Real deal as in what? Lock all stars in the future? No worse than solid rotational player?

I think either could be right....as for my team a little early to know how they'll compare to Sexton, Garland and Porter. But I'm sure there are many players picked earlier who they'll exceed.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

According to an article I read, the Rockets tend to be a better team when Westbrook is off the floor. That's whether Harden is on the floor with him or not.

Yet, after 31 games they are 21-10 and sitting 4th, so not that far off the pace.

The article also said that Morey would trade anyone if he thought it would improve the team. I doubt he's actively calling teams, but I'm sure he's willing to take calls and listen to offers.
Yep.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees been elite this year.

He had 2 shaky games (both against the Falcons) but there's no way you can use the Rams game against him. He threw 5 passes and got injured in the 2nd series of the game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avg 14 PPG this month.

Scored 26+ for the 2nd straight game

He's not overpaid at all. 13 mil yearly for a guy like him is about right. He more than lived up to the contract in his first 2 years of the deal. A bad month to start his 3rd year of the contract doesn't mean he was overpaid.

Players are allowed slow starts to the season. The NBA season isn't one month long.

No coincidence that Utah magically got better once they put Ingles back in the starting lineup

(This post isn't directed at you @ChiefsLakers67 )
I think way too often when guys call players overpaid they forget what FAs have received the last 3-4 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Exactly.....teams are "open" to trading anyone for the right offer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believing this I think might be one of those examples of overrating your own player.

And I like Butler a lot.

NBA.com has Butler in the MVP race. He's not going to win it (obviously) but he likely to finish top 10 if Miami keep this up and 50+ games. There are numbers out there that shows how much better Miami is with Jimmy on the court.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees been elite this year.

He had 2 shaky games (both against the Falcons) but there's no way you can use the Rams game against him. He threw 5 passes and got injured in the 2nd series of the game.
I guess everyone is entitled to his opinion but hard to say that guy has not been elite this season.

I'd even be inclined to put him on Brady's level for his career.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA.com has Butler in the MVP race. He's not going to win it (obviously) but he likely to finish top 10 if Miami keep this up and 50+ games. There are numbers out there that shows how much better Miami is with Jimmy on the court.
If "in discussion" means top 10 sure....but not if it means legit chance to win (barring a number of injuries).