• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all.

TT was also behind JR Smith. And Channing Frye, and Richard Jefferson, Matthew Dellavadova and more.

so no. I don’t ignore that fact like you claim. I addressed it pretty clearly.
He was behind guys who in some of those series barely got on the court?

You wondered about TT being in top 5 options. I reminded you Bam also might not be top 5. But go ahead and move the goal posts.

Yes, you are ignoring facts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope.

I wanted to take the opportunity to call you on your obvious bias.

which you continue to prove with every post talking up TT in relation to Bam.

just stick with your original comment and say something like:

“yep, got that one wrong”.

and maybe you can recognize your bias and prevent future mistakes like this one.
I did say that....and added has nothing to do with bias I have toward Heat as I am a huge fan of Butler.

You wanted to argue, which is fine. That's you. Difference is I've never complained you like to argue while arguing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you make this too easy.

why are you still arguing for TT?
The irrational are known to deflect and ignore direct questions, so if that was your goal well played. Here it is again if you'd like to try answering a simple question.

We can test your commitment to elite here. does Bam play with any elite scorers (like TT did)?

A) yes
B) no

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You wondered about TT being in top 5 options. I reminded you Bam also might not be top 5. But go ahead and move the goal posts.

no.

fact is all those guys had significantly higher usage rates.

When they were on the court, they were all ahead of TT in the offensive pecking order. So it did not matter if he was playing with LeBron, Kyrie and Love, or Fry, Dellavadova and Smith. TT was the 5th option.

The Heat run their offense through Bam. Night and day here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im going to guess you never watched a heat game. As tlance, the heat run a lot of their offensive sets through Bam.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irrational are known to deflect and ignore direct questions, so if that was your goal well played. Here it is again if you'd like to try answering a simple question.

We can test your commitment to elite here. does Bam play with any elite scorers (like TT did)?

A) yes
B) no

No he does not. Yet, he is the 2nd best player on a 22-8 team.

does TT play with any elite scorers? Is his team on pace to win less than 30 games?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to guess you never watched a heat game. As tlance, the heat run a lot of their offensive sets through Bam.

he is a dude that just looks up stats and uses any number he can to support a BS argument that is blatantly obvious to people who watch the games.

Bam gets a touch on nearly every possession because the Heat want the ball in his hands. When the Cavs were good, they rarely passed to TT because they wanted the ball in everyone else’s hands.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope.

I wanted to take the opportunity to call you on your obvious bias.

which you continue to prove with every post talking up TT in relation to Bam.

just stick with your original comment and say something like:

“yep, got that one wrong”.

and maybe you can recognize your bias and prevent future mistakes like this one.

What was bk's "bias" as he saw Bam having the same type of season TT has had this year? None of us knows everything here (though you think you do). If we make predictions mistakes will be made.

If there are future mistakes, so be it. Of the 2 of us only one makes them and cannot own up to them.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a dude that just looks up stats and uses any number he can to support a BS argument that is blatantly obvious to people who watch the games.

Bam gets a touch on nearly every possession because the Heat want the ball in his hands. When the Cavs were good, they rarely passed to TT because they wanted the ball in everyone else’s hands.
BOOM.

TT was a scorer off rebounds and putbacks....the Heat run plays for Bam.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he does not. Yet, he is the 2nd best player on a 22-8 team.

does TT play with any elite scorers? Is his team on pace to win less than 30 games?
I will answer your questions. Nope (same as Bam) and yep

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM.

TT was a scorer off rebounds and putbacks....the Heat run plays for Bam.

A reason teams would want TT. He will do the dirty work and play any role a team needs. Good thing for his critics what he does best at an elite level (offensive rebounding) does not require a play for him......but it does get those who have plays run for them extra shots.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we tried this already and you spun like a top. In fact I do get how the Heat run their O and likened Bam to Green......the 4th option the last 2 years for GS. 3-4th (close with Barnes) previous 2 years.

And, true, they wanted TT to go get the ball back after a miss so the others could get the ball back in their hands.

But you are "like a dude" who goes out of his way to start an argument where one does not exist (which is fine) but often cries when I argue...while you join in and argue.

You can't accept differing opinions and occasionally make absurd takes to support previous foolish arguments (like saying Brees is not elite)

But you be you.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your guess would be wrong as I've already pointed out...also mentioned he plays a role like Green in a sense for GS.

But when it comes to taking the shot he is, in fact, option 4-6.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your guess would be wrong as I've already pointed out...also mentioned he plays a role like Green in a sense for GS.

But when it comes to taking the shot he is, in fact, option 4-6.

There is a lot more to offensive basketball than taking shots.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was bk's "bias" as he saw Bam having the same type of season TT has had this year? None of us knows everything here (though you think you do). If we make predictions mistakes will be made.

If there are future mistakes, so be it. Of the 2 of us only one makes them and cannot own up to them.

oh, I always own my mistakes.

no bias on @bksballer89 end. He was always on the right side of the Bam/TT discussion

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we tried this already and you spun like a top. In fact I do get how the Heat run their O and likened Bam to Green......the 4th option the last 2 years for GS. 3-4th (close with Barnes) previous 2 years.

And, true, they wanted TT to go get the ball back after a miss so the others could get the ball back in their hands.

But you are "like a dude" who goes out of his way to start an argument where one does not exist (which is fine) but often cries when I argue...while you join in and argue.

You can't accept differing opinions and occasionally make absurd takes to support previous foolish arguments (like saying Brees is not elite)

But you be you.

Are you ready for this? Only saying it once.

I watch a lot of NFL football. Have watched the Saints about 6 times this year. The stats show Brees has played at a high level. But I also watched him struggle mightily twice. Against the Rams and against the Falcons.

and when I watch Mahomes and Jackson, there are always “wow” moments that just don’t exist when I watch Brees. Brees is an exceptional QB good enough to lead his team to the super Bowl. But I don’t think he is as good as Mahomes or Jackson. Since there is a significant drop off, IMO, I don’t consider him on the same elite tier.

And like I said from the jump, you clearly have lower standards. Which is fine.

now STFU about Brees. It is irrelevant to any other NBA topic, yet you keep trying to bring it back.

And, no, my claims are not absurd at all. I am sure others (not everyone) would agree.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's going to be working on sewing up his gaping vagina for years to come after all of the bullshit he spewed turned out to be completely wrong.

What do wiggy & clogged toilet have in common? They're both full of shit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot more to offensive basketball than taking shots.
sure is...like rebounding and getting more shots for your teammates for instance.

Never mind taking shots is a major part in factoring the top "option" on offense.