• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so Knicks. KAT is great on offense but like Harden his D is terrible and he's not gonna get you a title as your #1
Agree if he's the 1. But if they can find a better 1 or even a 1A who can play D?

Easier said than done if past is any indication.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure thing.

you will get to see for yourself this year.

why don’t you call me when TT is anything more than a 5th option on a playoff team.
If you are talking offense, certainly possible in the playoffs Bam is Miami's 5th option. He's currently 4th in scoring and 6th in shot attempts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me when Bam does better than 3 points and 4 rpg in the playoffs...Before you start comparing him to TT and getting all caught up in the regular season hype
Fair to wonder, but seems clear Bam has passed TT. Though TT is better than just a role player as some seem to think as there are varying degrees of role players.

Not like he's a bench player playing 15 minutes and getting a half dozen rebounds/game. And he was more than that on a title team, as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call us when TT ever makes the playoffs on a Cavs team with out LeBron.

Bam is all star talent.
TT never has or will be in the conversation.
Highlighted is a silly argument. Did Bosh ever play for a Heat team in the playoffs without Lebron?

Would he have if not for illness? Maybe...but he didn't.

But agree Bam is better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heats young assets appear to be far better then many teams who have had high draft picks for multiple years.
Might be true of Bam, kind of early on the rest.

Though I guess there are some teams who you could call them far better (not mine yet).

Team I'd rip might be GS. All the wasted picks and they let Nunn walk?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be true of Bam, kind of early on the rest.

Though I guess there are some teams who you could call them far better (not mine yet).

Team I'd rip might be GS. All the wasted picks and they let Nunn walk?

Thing I love about the Heat is they turn undrafted/g-league players into starters/solid role players while some teams can't even get that from their draft picks.

Simply amazing

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking offense, certainly possible in the playoffs Bam is Miami's 5th option. He's currently 4th in scoring and 6th in shot attempts.

yeah, going to go out on a limb and say that you have not watched the Heat play.

They run their offense through Bam. He is in the middle of everything. When the Cavs were good, TT was a garbage man who got all his points off put backs and drop off passes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair to wonder, but seems clear Bam has passed TT. Though TT is better than just a role player as some seem to think as there are varying degrees of role players.

Not like he's a bench player playing 15 minutes and getting a half dozen rebounds/game. And he was more than that on a title team, as well.

During the Lakers/Clips game last night, the commentators used a description for Patrick Beverley that I think fits TT well. They said, to win a title, you need a guy like him.

TT is the same, imo. You need that guy who does the dirty work. Plays defense, gets rebounds, scores occasionally without having plays run for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, going to go out on a limb and say that you have not watched the Heat play.

They run their offense through Bam. He is in the middle of everything. When the Cavs were good, TT was a garbage man who got all his points off put backs and drop off passes.
Yeah...not going to go out on a limb and will say as usual you cannot see the other side and will ignore facts to refute your theories.

You'd be wrong, as I've watched them play often. Usually when one is talking option on offense they mean scoring. GS often ran their O through Green, for instance, but he was considered no more than their 4th "option".

Disagree?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Lakers/Clips game last night, the commentators used a description for Patrick Beverley that I think fits TT well. They said, to win a title, you need a guy like him.

TT is the same, imo. You need that guy who does the dirty work. Plays defense, gets rebounds, scores occasionally without having plays run for him.
Though they play completely different positions that is an excellent analogy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...not going to go out on a limb and will say as usual you cannot see the other side and will ignore facts to refute your theories.

You'd be wrong, as I've watched them play often. Usually when one is talking option on offense they mean scoring. GS often ran their O through Green, for instance, but he was considered no more than their 4th "option".

Disagree?

LOL at you using an all time great team to make your argument.

Green was their 3rd option before KD. When KD was there, they ran offense through him far less. And even still, Green was the 4th option behind 2 first team all NBA players and a 3rd who was an elite shooter/scorer.

TT, on the other hand, averaged 4.4 shots and .7 assists a game in 30 minutes of court time during their title run. He was the 5th option no matter who he was on the court with. Only Iman Shunpert had a lower usage rate.

And the point remains. Bam is the Heat’s 2nd best player. TT never sniffed that when the Cavs were good. And why is that? Because TT is a garbage man. Bam is far more than that.

so you trying to make Bam into a 4th or 5th option based on shot attempts is an attempt to win an argument on a technicality. Bam is a very good offensive player that does a little bit of everything on a good team. TT is not that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, I have said multiple times that TT is a fantastic role player. That is fact.

Bam is a lot more than a role player. There is no comparison here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at you using an all time great team to make your argument.

Green was their 3rd option before KD. When KD was there, they ran offense through him far less. And even still, Green was the 4th option behind 2 first team all NBA players and a 3rd who was an elite shooter/scorer.

TT, on the other hand, averaged 4.4 shots and .7 assists a game in 30 minutes of court time during their title run. He was the 5th option no matter who he was on the court with. Only Iman Shunpert had a lower usage rate.

And the point remains. Bam is the Heat’s 2nd best player. TT never sniffed that when the Cavs were good. And why is that? Because TT is a garbage man. Bam is far more than that.

so you trying to make Bam into a 4th or 5th option based on shot attempts is an attempt to win an argument on a technicality. Bam is a very good offensive player that does a little bit of everything on a good team. TT is not that.
Funny you mention this as TT was behind arguably the best player in the game, an elite scorer in Kyrie and an all star in Love (well, for 2 series). No Kyrie most of first or last series. No Love in first. But disregard that, right?

It is no technicality. When people talk about which option they usually mean scoring. He's 4th in scoring and 6th in shots right now.

The rest is just spin and you not owning up to the idea your "logic" again might have been a little off base. I never made the claim TT was much more than a 5th option or even lower. But it is very possible the same could be said of Bam come playoff time (and now).

TT is what I said...a solid role player any playoff team would make room for (some more room than others).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when we had this conversation last year, I actually remember it.

Defensively, Bam and TT looked like pretty comparable players. TT probably a better rebounder, Bam probably better guarding in space and both are good in both areas. Where the comparison ends is on the offensive end. And that was abundantly clear from watching his rookie year that Bam has a lot more potential there.
Bam definitely better but offensive rebounding matters a little when discussing offense, right? And it was "abundantly clear" TT could excel in that area since his rookie season.

He might not score as much, but those 3-5 he gets most games allows others to score.....and that is also offense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention this as TT was behind arguably the best player in the game, an elite scorer in Kyrie and an all star in Love (well, for 2 series). No Kyrie most of first or last series. No Love in first. But disregard that, right?

It is no technicality. When people talk about which option they usually mean scoring. He's 4th in scoring and 6th in shots right now.

The rest is just spin and you not owning up to the idea your "logic" again might have been a little off base. I never made the claim TT was much more than a 5th option or even lower. But it is very possible the same could be said of Bam come playoff time (and now).

TT is what I said...a solid role player any playoff team would make room for (some more room than others).

not at all.

TT was also behind JR Smith. And Channing Frye, and Richard Jefferson, Matthew Dellavadova and more.

so no. I don’t ignore that fact like you claim. I addressed it pretty clearly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam definitely better but offensive rebounding matters a little when discussing offense, right? And it was "abundantly clear" TT could excel in that area since his rookie season.

He might not score as much, but those 3-5 he gets most games allows others to score.....and that is also offense.

yep.

great offensive rebounder. That is the one area where TT is better than Bam offensively.

Bam also pretty good there. So you are grasping.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, I have said multiple times that TT is a fantastic role player. That is fact.

Bam is a lot more than a role player. There is no comparison here.
which was why this was my latest comment starting this topic for me....

"Seemed like they were at the time. Bam has far exceeded my expectations.

and, no, my original comments on Bam are not because you think I don't like the Heat. I have always liked Jimmy Butler and thought that was a great acquisition by them, for instance."

You decided an argument needed to be started because that is you. Ironic, huh?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep.

great offensive rebounder. That is the one area where TT is better than Bam offensively.

Bam also pretty good there. So you are grasping.

You get Bam only gets a few more points per game than TT, right? Yes, TT's not on a title team, but is Bam on one?. TT played with 2 elite scorers and another all star who could score. We can test your commitment to elite here. does Bam play with any elite scorers?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which was why this was my latest comment starting this topic for me....

"Seemed like they were at the time. Bam has far exceeded my expectations.

and, no, my original comments on Bam are not because you think I don't like the Heat. I have always liked Jimmy Butler and thought that was a great acquisition by them, for instance."

You decided an argument needed to be started because that is you. Ironic, huh?

nope.

I wanted to take the opportunity to call you on your obvious bias.

which you continue to prove with every post talking up TT in relation to Bam.

just stick with your original comment and say something like:

“yep, got that one wrong”.

and maybe you can recognize your bias and prevent future mistakes like this one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get Bam only gets a few more points per game than TT, right? Yes, TT's not on a title team, but is Bam on one?. TT played with 2 elite scorers and another all star who could score. We can test your commitment to elite here. does Bam play with any elite scorers?

Man, you make this too easy.

why are you still arguing for TT?