• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunn took several steps backwards. Waiters is clearly better than him.

Meanwhile, Johnson is a better all around player than Jones Jr.

Let's not play 2 guys that are clearly better because the front office is mad because they gave them contracts they probably didn't deserve.

This guy doesn't even play Waiters when guys like Dragic and Winslow are out.

I'm glad Waiters been out "sick" the last 2 games because I wouldn't want to sit on the bench and be disrespected like this either.

Waiters does the same thing Nunn does but just 10X better and doesn't play scared on the road.

Kyrie is better than at least 85% of the league, but he can fuck up a teams chemistry. Maybe it's similar with Waiters?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Lebron and AD is a large reason for that. AD basically forced a trade to the Lakers and LA landed Lebron in free agency because of where he's at in his career. Let's not act like the Lakers front office should be absolved of all of their wrong doings.

Yes and no.

The shit that happened when Short Buss was running things is 100% on the Lakers and Jeanie for not getting rid of him sooner.

Whatever the fuck Magic thought he was doing is mostly on him. Some is on Jeanie for hiring him into a position that he wasn't suited for and apparently didn't really want.

The stuff about the Rambis' and Pelinka was pure media driven bullshit because the Lakers have always been a collaborative. That was how Dr. Buss set things up. He always sought input and advice from folks he trusted.

Having said that, I'm not completely sold on Pelinka et al, but things look a whole lot better now than they did a few months ago.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Lakers should think about re-signing him on a team friendly deal?
I concur... play hard ball, if you have to... these players have too much power, dadgummit, and it's time the Lakers led the charge and made an example out of one of them.

I say sit Davis' arse until he caves.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As @Mecca pointed out, many pointed to Hill and his contract as being among the factors for Davis forcing his way out of New Orleans.

It's not Hill's fault however; it's the front office's fault for thinking Hill was the answer.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people didn't respond to this crap we wouldn't have any trolls on the Internet.
An impossible dream. If people didn't drink no one would drive drunk either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur... play hard ball, if you have to... these players have too much power, dadgummit, and it's time the Lakers led the charge and made an example out of one of them.

I say sit Davis' arse until he caves.
Sign him then trade him to the Cavs...that'll show him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An impossible dream. If people didn't drink no one would drive drunk either.

Oh I know. Trolls are a fact of Internet life.

But I disagree with those saying that they add any value. Because they always just make it about getting attention. I'll take Wiggy's nonsense all day long over Bucky's. Wiggy is at least arguing basketball and not just constantly insulting anyone who disagrees with him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I disagree with those saying that they add any value. Because they always just make it about getting attention. I'll take Wiggy's nonsense all day long over Bucky's. Wiggy is at least arguing basketball and not just constantly insulting anyone who disagrees with him.

I'm kind of disappointed no one is piling on the Warriors for sucking balls this year. I haven't been able to use the "tanking is good" diatribes on here.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, there's a spectrum of troll quality. You want the Wiggys around, the Montalbans, even the DorianRos. But buckalis is just mentally ill.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of disappointed no one is piling on the Warriors for sucking balls this year. I haven't been able to use the "tanking is good" diatribes on here.

It's so obvious this year is EXACTLY what was needed for the dynasty to try to reboot. If Steph had stayed healthy they might be trying to win 40 games and get the 8 seed, and that wouldn't be good for the team at all.

There's nothing to pile on about. I imagine it's not even that fun if your team is whooping them now, it's not like you are getting revenge for the 5 year dynasty domination. It's a G league team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody piling on the Warriors? Well let me take a shot at this. How good of a coach is Steve Kerr really? The loaded Warriors made Luke Walton look like the 2nd coming of Pop. And we all know what he did as the Lakers coach.

Injuries are never a valid excuse. Even if it is a valid excuse. I'm gonna ignore that the injury bug has ran over the Warriors like a steamroller.

Steve Kerr- the most overrated coach in NBA history. :heh:

:trash: (shaken, not stirred)

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, there's a spectrum of troll quality. You want the Wiggys around, the Montalbans, even the DorianRos. But buckalis is just mentally ill.

Monty and Dorian usually have the decency to start their own threads and not mess up the general thread.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody piling on the Warriors? Well let me take a shot at this. How good of a coach is Steve Kerr really? The loaded Warriors made Luke Walton look like the 2nd coming of Pop. And we all know what he did as the Lakers coach.

Injuries are never a valid excuse. Even if it is a valid excuse. I'm gonna ignore that the injury bug has ran over the Warriors like a steamroller.

:comeatmebro:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kerr has actually aided the tank significantly in this run. I believe there was one game when D'Lo was back where the Warriors were holding a slight lead and for whatever reason he pulled him in the third quarter and the Warriors just took a nose-dive.

If that's not elite coaching, I don't know what is.