• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop it.

Players have the right to change teams when they reach free agency.

This is not a problem. It is how the NBA is structured.

Sorry that you don’t like it and that it stacks the deck against your team, but it is what it is.
Yep...and really only way to eliminate guys teaming up I can think of is get rid of max, which owner's I don't think go for.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but as was also pointed out, without the alleged trolls (yes, some are for sure), this page is a graveyard. If you answered I never saw it, but I also mentioned the Cavs/Philly game and you didn't talk about it.

I guess not much to say though.

If folks want discussion, the best way is to probably @ a fellow poster.

Otherwise, not sure how many folks are combing through multiple pages to see if anything was said about their particular team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember those days when the clowns around here were laughing at the Lakers...?

wonder how they're doing...:heh:

But they were laughing for a very good reason. The fact is you win when you have great players, the Lakers have not only acquired those players but everything is working for them. Vogel seems like the guy and his rotation is working, they got good assistants, role players seem like perfect fits and are playing great....even with some injuries they are playing great.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it's not like we're curing cancer here.

SportsHoopla=sports radio
This is for entertainment purposes only.
95% is trolling and anger management issue, but every once in awhile, you can have productive conversations.

There is zero accountability on an anonymous message board.
True....sadly, also no accountability when it comes to anonymous reports by "insiders". In all major sports.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand completely. I wasn't calling for anyone to be banned. But I disagree with the notion that shitposting is better than no posting.

When people like bucky come in and just litter the place with shitposts people like LAD decide this place isn't worth it and leave.
LAD not close to bucky's level, but also has her issues.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know who called Lebron "washed". This guy been running with that false narrative since the summer on social media and i never saw a single person say he was washed up.

Yeah washed is definitely overblown. Maybe he personally heard it, who knows, but it's definitely an exaggeration but that's Lebron for ya.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt some of it was a shitshow. but fortunately they're coming up smelling like a rose, least for the present time...
Agreed....but is that due to Lebron wanting to play there and being a FA destination or them being smart?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True....sadly, also no accountability when it comes to anonymous reports by "insiders". In all major sports.

That's right.
But, even with no accountability, it's fun to make predictions and discuss rivalries.
It's when you can sift though the BS that one can have a decent conversation here, even on the PF.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst thing that could've happened to the rest of the league was the Lakers not making the playoffs last year. Lebron for the last decade prior to last season had always played up until mid-June. Now you give him 2 extra months of rest. Fuck.

Good point. Extra rest on a year they were contending just fuels his fire but at his age was kind of a blessing to rest up and get in tip top shape. He is running in circles on the court early this year. He looks 25 again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things being equal, the SEGABABAs and East/West coast trips most likely all even out, but I would be curious to know if load management/injuries have impacted these games in any way.
Not sure, but will say at least about a week ago when I looked the West had more home games than the East. Wasn't really that close. It's evened out some.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy it while it lasts. The best big man in the game and a soon to be 35 year old that are both in the MVP talk
Never liked the guy as a person, and didn't begrudged him for leaving this time, also never believed he was no capable of being Lebron another year or 2 (maybe more?).

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but will say at least about a week ago when I looked the West had more home games than the East. Wasn't really that close. It's evened out some.

I mean, it's all with a grain of salt, right?

To frame an important argument on 'noise' is probably not the best way to win said argument.
Especially when you are biased enough to not recognize the noise in the first place.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If folks want discussion, the best way is to probably @ a fellow poster.

Otherwise, not sure how many folks are combing through multiple pages to see if anything was said about their particular team.
Fair point, though I did reply to said poster. Though really all I said was I was watching the Buckeyes and had heard the halftime score so figured why bother?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point, though I did reply to said poster. Though really all I said was I was watching the Buckeyes and had heard the halftime score so figured why bother?

Yeah, a reply is as good as an @.
I thought it was more in reference to a general comment.

My bad.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right.
But, even with no accountability, it's fun to make predictions and discuss rivalries.
It's when you can sift though the BS that one can have a decent conversation here, even on the PF.
Agree can be fun. Not a fan of the type of comments made by Glazer that OBJ told many coaches/players "come get me after the year".

But these are the types of thing I meant when I said "anyone can do this". Might it be true? Sure. But also might not...and anyone can offer a story with unnamed sources.

Not a Browns issue with me, either. I liked the OBJ deal at the time...just didn't think it was the no-brainer many thought.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never liked the guy as a person, and didn't begrudged him for leaving this time, also never believed he was no capable of being Lebron another year or 2 (maybe more?).

I think he is a great person honestly. Is he cocky? Definitely, I don't know many legendary athletes that aren't but all that he does for the community and his belief in God is something I have always liked about him. I have no problem with him as a person.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's all with a grain of salt, right?

To frame an important argument on 'noise' is probably not the best way to win said argument.
Especially when you are biased enough to not recognize the noise in the first place.
Agree, though have to be honest not sure what that has to do with the East vs. West comment.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, though have to be honest not sure what that has to do with the East vs. West comment.

Using record as a way to judge East vs West.
In any sport, for that matter.

Could be a small sample size and lacks context (injury/load management).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a great person honestly. Is he cocky? Definitely, I don't know many legendary athletes that aren't but all that he does for the community and his belief in God is something I have always liked about him. I have no problem with him as a person.
Agree about community. The belief in God not something I'm all that into, but agree also a positive.

But you can be cocky and also be a leader without telling everyone you are a leader. TT a good example when it comes to the latter. Also not a fan of his do as I say not as I do attitude we often see on the court. Though to be fair that is more reg. season than postseason.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using record as a way to judge East vs West.
In any sport, for that matter.

Could be a small sample size and lacks context (injury/load management).
Agree. For instance West was ahead when they have played more home games. Now East caught up and so did their wins.

But no better way to judge than wins/losses IMO.