• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...who wants a guy who can go for a double double any night, will play any role asked, can switch onto a perimeter guy as well or better than any big and will be among the league leaders in offensive rebounds.

There aren't many of those guys in the league. Got 16 and 11 last night, apparently he has polished up his inside offensive game, he was money with that little baby hook

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game.
You seem way more worried about it then the 20,000 who were there.
You act like he wanted to not be there.
The same person whose been known to go work out at the arena at 3:30 a.m., etc.
Something happened. Its his and the Heats business how it was handled.

P.S. Heat rookies >> Cavs
that was an article from a Heat beat reporter--- i did not write that article. Did you know that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds about right

this is the shit you are gonna get with one of the biggest assholes in the NBA

opening night of the season--- out with personal reasons

wonder how many "great" players have ever had that

this is the type of shit why he is on his 4th team in 5 years
Guy has some issues but hard to rip him without knowing what this is. What if it's a serious medical issue?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many of those guys in the league. Got 16 and 11 last night, apparently he has polished up his inside offensive game, he was money with that little baby hook
I mean, he isn't a star but the idea a fan of a team like the Lakers wouldn't want him is absurd.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at some of the contenders with short rotations--- Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Sixers, etc...and just do not see that many assets though. The Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Rockets all owe out multiple future first round picks. They are all mortgaged to the hilt pick-wise.

I did see PJ Washington of the Hornets had a great game. He was the ultimate "NBA Ready" guy without a very high ceiling--- but if he can play that role he is interesting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't believe I have ever seen a player being held out a game because "coaches decision, conditioning issues". There is a first for everything

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy has some issues but hard to rip him without knowing what this is. What if it's a serious medical issue?
if it was a serious medical issue do you think Spoelstra would be saying "Its fine -its all good"?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't believe I have ever seen a player being held out a game because "coaches decision, conditioning issues". There is a first for everything
Waiters and Johnson- 2 awful signings by Riley -- 2 guys he gave long term deals to that were just basically setting money and cap space on fire.

Those guys are both under contract for not only this season but ALSO next season at a combined 30 million dollars (roughly)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at some of the contenders with short rotations--- Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Sixers, etc...and just do not see that many assets though. The Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Rockets all owe out multiple future first round picks. They are all mortgaged to the hilt pick-wise.

I did see PJ Washington of the Hornets had a great game. He was the ultimate "NBA Ready" guy without a very high ceiling--- but if he can play that role he is interesting.

Yeah he is a nice piece to have at the deadline that contenders will need.

PJ was 7/11 from 3's. That's kinda crazy. I thought it would be weeks before the Hornets won their first game and this rookie steps up and they are 1-0. Crazy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blind homer lmao. No I'm not insensitive. I realize guys have their own personal life and i saw Jimmy in the gym last night with Tyler. He was at shootaround this morning. Pretty clear this was something that happened at the last minute.
while I think it's absurd to rip him without knowing what happened, also not sure it's "pretty clear" it happened last minute....or at least was something that would stop most from missing games. My guess is it was but we don't know.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, if the Cavs had acquired Butler when James was in Leave-Land you would have been singing a very different tune. And don't try and deny it.
I know I'd have loved it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They never give specifics. There's a reason it is called personal reason. Last year Russ wife had twins and he missed a game or two. You think OKC came out and said that? No

Once again it is called personal reasons. You clearly have no idea what that means
well, actually, yeah...when guys miss games for birth of their kids we hear about it all the time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was an article from a Heat beat reporter--- i did not write that article. Did you know that?

Yes, I'm aware of that, but you took the time to post it, so I'm assuming you agree with it.
Do you really think Butler wanted to miss opening night ?
Obviously SOMETHING happened, and my guess is pretty significant for him to not be there.
Outside of the locker room, it is nobody's business if he prefers to keep it that way.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters and Johnson- 2 awful signings by Riley -- 2 guys he gave long term deals to that were just basically setting money and cap space on fire.

Those guys are both under contract for not only this season but ALSO next season at a combined 30 million dollars (roughly)

Yet the Heat still have a very good, and deep rotation.
Herro is a beast.
What about Nunn?
And, go watch the game film of Silva from last night.
The Heat can come at you hard for 48 minutes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify something:

I've seen a few "I know I'm not supposed to post about that here but..." posts. Followed by posting about it. lol

It's always been fine to go off topic for a bit. Right now, along with the start of basketball season, we have the NFL and college football seasons and the World Series and the NHL.

In a couple of months, we'll have the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl, the college football bowl season, playoffs and NC game...followed by March Madness.

Heck, we've even had political discussions here that somehow, remain very civil. lol

We're all fans of more than 1 sport. So, if folks want to go off topic for a bit, it's not a problem. Not everyone wants (or should have) to go to another part of the site just for a quick comment or 2.

Just remember that some folks have less tolerance for going off topic than others, so when someone posts..."I thought this was the NBA board" or "To get back on topic..." just be respectful of that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm aware of that, but you took the time to post it, so I'm assuming you agree with it.
Do you really think Butler wanted to miss opening night ?
Obviously SOMETHING happened, and my guess is pretty significant for him to not be there.
Outside of the locker room, it is nobody's business if he prefers to keep it that way.
I have no clue why he missed it.

My point was it does not surprise me from everything we know about Butler.

If you would have told me Anthony Davis or LeBron or Giannis sat out Game 1 for personal reasons I would have been SHOCKED

if you told me that Jimmy Butler was sitting out game 1 for personal reasons- i would say-- yup -- pretty much par for the course.

Out of the top 30 players in the league- if you told me one guy was sitting out the first game with personal reasons i would have put every cent i have on it being Butler.

4th team in 5 years. Not a surprise.

if it quacks like a duck

swims like a duck

looks like a duck

chances are its a fucking duck.

would never want him on my team. You just dont see guys with his talent bounce around to that extent unless there are reasons for it.

I am SURE that before that contract is up you will be WELL VERSED in how much of an asshole Butler is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Heat still have a very good, and deep rotation.
Herro is a beast.
What about Nunn?
And, go watch the game film of Silva from last night.
The Heat can come at you hard for 48 minutes.
are you drunk?

they played a piece of shit team - maybe the worst roster in the NBA last night.

come back when you sober up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Riley isn't fucking around this season.
Live up the to required standards or be gone.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, actually, yeah...when guys miss games for birth of their kids we hear about it all the time.

After the fact. I posted the facts from last year that Russ didn't close the reason he missed a game due to personal reasons UNTIL AFTER.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you drunk?

they played a piece of shit team - maybe the worst roster in the NBA last night.

come back when you sober up.

Doesn't change the fact that we are deep.

They have 11 or 12 guys that can make a case of being in the rotation. That's a deep team