• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley isn't fucking around this season.
Live up the to required standards or be gone.
it would have been better if he just did not idiotically sign Waiters and Johnson to lucrative long term extensions in the first place

but keep giving credit to the firefighter that lit the blaze in the first place.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs have actually played a decent game tonight.

If Clarkson and Porter didnt shit themselves they mightve had a shot to win this game.

Gotta say- TT looks pretty solid.
Still didn't see him taking anything from outside as was said he was working on, but did look like he looked for his shot more.

Just one game, but rather see him play well than not. Sexton/Garland could have had better nights shooting but, yeah, Clarkson/Porter beyond bad.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change the fact that we are deep.

They have 11 or 12 guys that can make a case of being in the rotation. That's a deep team
Or it's 3-4 guys that just aren't good enough to be a clear top 8.

Isn't to say you are wrong, but wiggy is right in that it's just one game against a very bad team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 1 other thing:

Fuck the Clippers.

For pretty much their entire existence I have been able to avoid watching them. Not because I hate them or anything...

but because I never had to care about them one way or the other. It was like they didn't even exist.

Then they had to go and get Kawhi (my favorite non-Lakers player). So now I have to watch them while hoping my favorite non-Laker plays well in a loss.

So...

Fuck the Clippers. :nod:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue why he missed it.

My point was it does not surprise me from everything we know about Butler.

If you would have told me Anthony Davis or LeBron or Giannis sat out Game 1 for personal reasons I would have been SHOCKED

if you told me that Jimmy Butler was sitting out game 1 for personal reasons- i would say-- yup -- pretty much par for the course.

Out of the top 30 players in the league- if you told me one guy was sitting out the first game with personal reasons i would have put every cent i have on it being Butler.

4th team in 5 years. Not a surprise.

if it quacks like a duck

swims like a duck

looks like a duck

chances are its a fucking duck.

would never want him on my team. You just dont see guys with his talent bounce around to that extent unless there are reasons for it.

I am SURE that before that contract is up you will be WELL VERSED in how much of an asshole Butler is.

Difference, as you will see, is that he WANTS to be here vs some of the other cities.
I've never agreed that players should be able to force there way out of situations they don't like, but that now seems to be the norm.
I was at the Wade roast 2 weeks ago, Butler was on the panel, and he got roasted more then Wade for the things you are bringing up.
He easily laughed at himself, and took it for what it was.
Wade hand picked him. Take it for what it's worth.
He'll be fine here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley isn't fucking around this season.
Live up the to required standards or be gone.
its just too fucking funny

WOW T HAT BOY SURE CAN PUT OUT A FIRE--- NEVERMIND HE SET THE BLAZE IN THE FIRST PLACe--- LOOK AT THAT TOUGH SUMBITCH GO--- YEEHAWWW!!!

lol

unreal.

told you guys Waiters was an assclown. its about time to cut bait on that one too

as per usual

#timevindicates

as with Whiteside and Waiters

Butler is only a matter of time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he isn't a star but the idea a fan of a team like the Lakers wouldn't want him is absurd.

I'd take him on the Lakers in a heartbeat. Solid rebounder, good defender, doesn't need the ball, knows how to play with Lebron and if they still had Javale or Dwight on the roster, AD would almost never have to play the 5 spot.

What's not to like?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would have been better if he just did not idiotically sign Waiters and Johnson to lucrative long term extensions in the first place

but keep giving credit to the firefighter that lit the blaze in the first place.

If one could always live their life in hindsight that would also be great, but it doesn't work like that.
If it did, the Cavs could have Giannis vs Bennett.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take him on the Lakers in a heartbeat. Solid rebounder, good defender, doesn't need the ball, knows how to play with Lebron and if they still had Javale or Dwight on the roster, AD would almost never have to play the 5 spot.

What's not to like?
at worst he would be the Lakers 5th best player- and has the exact type of attitude, team first mentality, doesnt need the ball, tons of playoff experience, and can guard either inside or on the perimeter.

I think they will package TT along with Delly or Knight to a team to get some solid assets at some point- and then see what it would take ot possibly bring him back if it was at all feasible in the offseason.

Nance is younger and signed up and rather duplicative of TT is why I would trade TT for assets if they were the right assets and the opportuntiy came up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just too fucking funny

WOW T HAT BOY SURE CAN PUT OUT A FIRE--- NEVERMIND HE SET THE BLAZE IN THE FIRST PLACe--- LOOK AT THAT TOUGH SUMBITCH GO--- YEEHAWWW!!!

lol

unreal.

told you guys Waiters was an assclown. its about time to cut bait on that one too

as per usual

#timevindicates

as with Whiteside and Waiters

Butler is only a matter of time.

Right, the other 29 teams always made perfect moves in the draft and FA.
How many times have you been dropped on your head?

No comment about Whitesides opening night?
I'll bet if it had been bad we'd have received a full report.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it's 3-4 guys that just aren't good enough to be a clear top 8.

Isn't to say you are wrong, but wiggy is right in that it's just one game against a very bad team.

LOL Heat fans know the Heat are deep. This isn't anything new. Heat fans didn't just magically know we are deep after last night.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the fact. I posted the facts from last year that Russ didn't close the reason he missed a game due to personal reasons UNTIL AFTER.

Yeah, I think they usually wait to say "birth of a child" until after they know everything is okay with the kid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis >> Cavs
no fucking way

id rather h ave Memphis' roster since they have 2 great young prospects but their roster is garbage

Valuciunas, Tyus Jones and Crowder are probably their best players

the Cavs actually have some legit NBA players like Love, Clarkson, TT, Osman, Knight, Henson- actual NBA players

Memphis or Charlotte have the worst rosters in the entire NBA if you are trying to wini games this year.

Cavs were 7-9 last year when Love played 15 minutes or more.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Heat fans know the Heat are deep. This isn't anything new. Heat fans didn't just magically know we are deep after last night.

Without a doubt.
Dragic was huge.
Post game, Spoesltra said it will take him some time to figure out the correct combos, rotations, but he for sure has plenty of nice pieces to work with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at worst he would be the Lakers 5th best player- and has the exact type of attitude, team first mentality, doesnt need the ball, tons of playoff experience, and can guard either inside or on the perimeter.

I think they will package TT along with Delly or Knight to a team to get some solid assets at some point- and then see what it would take ot possibly bring him back if it was at all feasible in the offseason.

Nance is younger and signed up and rather duplicative of TT is why I would trade TT for assets if they were the right assets and the opportuntiy came up.

Agree. I don't think the Lakers could put together an attractive enough package to get him. But it would be nice if they could.

I'd be willing to bet that Lebron would pay for a private charter to get him to LA.

I think that when we get closer to the trade deadline, some teams looking to make a playoff push will come calling.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I don't think the Lakers could put together an attractive enough package to get him. But it would be nice if they could.

I'd be willing to bet that Lebron would pay for a private charter to get him to LA.

I think that when we get closer to the trade deadline, some teams looking to make a playoff push will come calling.
yah the Lakers, Rockets, Warriors and Sixers and Bucks- all are missing future first rounders- which does not help things.

Sometimes getting picks well into the future works out though. I dunno- we shall see.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no fucking way

id rather h ave Memphis' roster since they have 2 great young prospects but their roster is garbage

Valuciunas, Tyus Jones and Crowder are probably their best players

the Cavs actually have some legit NBA players like Love, Clarkson, TT, Osman, Knight, Henson- actual NBA players

Memphis or Charlotte have the worst rosters in the entire NBA if you are trying to wini games this year.

Cavs were 7-9 last year when Love played 15 minutes or more.

Jackson Jr actually looked very good last night.
They played hard and obviously competed for 3 quarters.
Heat had a crazy run to start the 4th, which had a lot to do with the insertion of Nunn, Silva.

I obviously didn't see any of the Cavs game, but what was up with Garland/Porter?
I know its just one game, but for example you could easily see the talent of Morant last night as well as Herro.

Love played 35 last night and Cavs are 0-1and scored a whopping 85 points.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think either the Cavs or the Lakers would do this trade--- but an interesting deal, to me, would be

Kuzma, Rondo (for salary purposes), and KCP (for salary purposes) for Sexton, Thompson and Clarkson

Cavs get a high ceiling big man in Kuzma and cut the glut at PG and give the job to Garland

Lakers get a cheap point guard that woudl fit great with the roster that is not up for an extension for years, plus a big man that would be a great fit, and a scorer/playmaker off the bench.

would be interesting.