• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at worst he would be the Lakers 5th best player- and has the exact type of attitude, team first mentality, doesnt need the ball, tons of playoff experience, and can guard either inside or on the perimeter.

I think they will package TT along with Delly or Knight to a team to get some solid assets at some point- and then see what it would take ot possibly bring him back if it was at all feasible in the offseason.

Nance is younger and signed up and rather duplicative of TT is why I would trade TT for assets if they were the right assets and the opportuntiy came up.

Yeah with Nance the hustle is there, his jumpshot is getting better, maybe over time he can becoming a better rebounder but overall he is super athletic and can hit the 3. Not bad at all. I think once they get some bigs back soon (hopefully Henson will actually play one game for the Cavs lol). Not sure if the Cavs can get anything for Henson if he is always hurt, hope he plays soon.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think either the Cavs or the Lakers would do this trade--- but an interesting deal, to me, would be

Kuzma, Rondo (for salary purposes), and KCP (for salary purposes) for Sexton, Thompson and Clarkson

Cavs get a high ceiling big man in Kuzma and cut the glut at PG and give the job to Garland

Lakers get a cheap point guard that woudl fit great with the roster that is not up for an extension for years, plus a big man that would be a great fit, and a scorer/playmaker off the bench.

would be interesting.

Yeah, that would be interesting. As hard as the Lakers worked to keep Kuzma out of the AD deal, I have a hard time seeing them trading him. But, considering that they are in "win now" mode, they might be willing to do it if they feel he can get them over the top.

They also still have Boogie's $3.5 million as well. Rondo doesn't have a lot left (especially defensively), but he can still run an offense. He'd be a very good mentor for Garland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that would be interesting. As hard as the Lakers worked to keep Kuzma out of the AD deal, I have a hard time seeing them trading him. But, considering that they are in "win now" mode, they might be willing to do it if they feel he can get them over the top.

They also still have Boogie's $3.5 million as well. Rondo doesn't have a lot left (especially defensively), but he can still run an offense. He'd be a very good mentor for Garland.
Sexton would be interesting becuase hes the type of guy that thrives with LeBron and its not likely with the Lakers assets and lack of picks that they owuld be able to acquire such a talented and cheap option at PG anytime soon that could grow with Davis and LeBron.

His shooting and driving ability and able to run the offense some of the time and athleticism is exactly what they need- as is Thompson.

but its a steep price since Kuzma is very talented---- its a tough trade--- i think both sides probably say no at this point but it makes sense to a certain extent for both.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson Jr actually looked very good last night.
They played hard and obviously competed for 3 quarters.
Heat had a crazy run to start the 4th, which had a lot to do with the insertion of Nunn, Silva.

I obviously didn't see any of the Cavs game, but what was up with Garland/Porter?
I know its just one game, but for example you could easily see the talent of Morant last night as well as Herro.

Love played 35 last night and Cavs are 0-1and scored a whopping 85 points.

Cavs struggled with their open shots and offensively flow.

Garland said he didn't get any sleep the night before, he seemed nervous, but he did hit 2 nice 3 pointers. He has a nice shot, just seemed like he wasn't attacking and giving up the ball.
Porter didn't do much, seems like everything was going in and out for him but really the Cavs as a whole.

Offense as a whole, not impressive.
Defense seemed better. Only ONCE last year did they have a higher defensive rating than they did last night so that's a good start. Orlando played some really good defense, they have a ton of lanky defenders but at times the Cavs offense looked stagnant.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton would be interesting becuase hes the type of guy that thrives with LeBron and its not likely with the Lakers assets and lack of picks that they owuld be able to acquire such a talented and cheap option at PG anytime soon that could grow with Davis and LeBron.

His shooting and driving ability and able to run the offense some of the time and athleticism is exactly what they need- as is Thompson.

but its a steep price since Kuzma is very talented---- its a tough trade--- i think both sides probably say no at this point but it makes sense to a certain extent for both.

No doubt. We also have no idea how well Kuzma will work with the new roster. I assume he'll be fine, but if he struggles...maybe the Lakers become more willing to move him?

It's been 1 game, so there's a long way to go and lot can happen...so who knows?

I do agree though, right now, neither team is making the deal.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at some of the contenders with short rotations--- Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Sixers, etc...and just do not see that many assets though. The Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Rockets all owe out multiple future first round picks. They are all mortgaged to the hilt pick-wise.

I did see PJ Washington of the Hornets had a great game. He was the ultimate "NBA Ready" guy without a very high ceiling--- but if he can play that role he is interesting.

Not really that pertinent, but the Warriors have only two outgoing 1st round picks, one of which could be conveyed into a second round pick instead. Their 2020 1st round pick to Brooklyn is top 20 protected. If it doesn't fall in that range, the pick changes to a 2nd rd pick in 2025.

The only lock outgoing 1st round pick is in 2024 to Memphis. But the Warriors only have one of their remaining 2nd round picks in the next 5 years.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated aspect of the Warriors team, if for some reason they suck and are out of contention early, they could become sellers at the deadline with a few attractive pieces.

-WCS on a cheap one year deal. Could help bolster teams looking for more interior depth.

-Alec Burks on a cheap one year deal. Another wing scorer and productive player as long as he's healthy.

-Kevon Looney would be the biggest bait, imo. He'd be signed on for two more additional years at 5M a season. Pretty significant bargain and would be a great get for a lot of contenders.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before AD and TT would be a nasty combo so obviously I wasn't talking about AD. He is better than McGee and Dwight the hacker for sure. Dwight at this point can grab rebounds and commit fouls, that's about it.
Just own the mistake. I liked your comment, so have to admit I forgot about AD as well as a big...not an ideal center, but he is their best big and better than TT.

But as foolish is any LA fan thinking they couldn't use TT.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated aspect of the Warriors team, if for some reason they suck and are out of contention early, they could become sellers at the deadline with a few attractive pieces.

-WCS on a cheap one year deal. Could help bolster teams looking for more interior depth.

-Alec Burks on a cheap one year deal. Another wing scorer and productive player as long as he's healthy.

-Kevon Looney would be the biggest bait, imo. He'd be signed on for two more additional years at 5M a season. Pretty significant bargain and would be a great get for a lot of contenders.

I think Looney will be nice for that offense...it would really surprise me if he doesn't work out with this team tbh.

Burks is a nice deadline asset for sure, so is WCS.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see that happening is if Lebron wants TT. I have no idea if he does though.
If it doesn't happen it's because they cannot come to an agreement. Of course Lebron would want him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just own the mistake. I liked your comment, so have to admit I forgot about AD as well as a big...not an ideal center, but he is their best big and better than TT.

But as foolish is any LA fan thinking they couldn't use TT.

You of all people are saying this

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't see them trading Looney for exactly that reason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at some of the contenders with short rotations--- Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Sixers, etc...and just do not see that many assets though. The Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Rockets all owe out multiple future first round picks. They are all mortgaged to the hilt pick-wise.

I did see PJ Washington of the Hornets had a great game. He was the ultimate "NBA Ready" guy without a very high ceiling--- but if he can play that role he is interesting.
correct.....silly to think LA/Lebron wouldn't want TT but with his salary and them not having picks for so long not sure how they get that done.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt.
Dragic was huge.
Post game, Spoesltra said it will take him some time to figure out the correct combos, rotations, but he for sure has plenty of nice pieces to work with.

11 pieces who can/should be in the rotation

Winslow
Dragic
Waiters
Herro
Nunn
Bam
Butler
Kelly
Leonard
Johnson
Jones Jr