• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did fizdale send rj barrett out there. his first game of his nba career on the road running the point? I would of waited atleast till there home opener to send him out to run the point

Why question it when Barrett played well?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's fair to judge teams this early, simply based on one game.
That being said, I cannot pass judgment on the Sixers until they actually face a playoff team.....

giphy.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head coach Eric Spoelstra told the Associated Press that “everything’s fine” with Butler.

“It’s all good,” Spoelstra said.

everything's fine--- its all good---- he just cant play in the opener. gmafb

so predictable

Total asshole post.
No surprise though.
Anyway, keep saying the Heat have no youth and enjoy your Cavs season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is an asshole that does not get the benefit of the doubt

when you are a top 30 talent and on your 4th team in 5 years and have the type of crybaby tantrums and bullshit that Butler has had--- you dont get the benefit of the doubt.

if it quacks like a duck

and swims like a duck

and looks like a duck

you can pretty much assume- its a fucking duck.

Like he needs your benefit of the doubt?
The man has been nothing but professional and a leader since the day he signed.
Wade handpicked him to replace his role.
There is 0 reason to not think something extraordinary happened between morning shoot around and game time which cause him to be excused.
The team is the only entity which needs to know the reason if Butler chooses to keep it private.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is 0 reason to not think something extraordinary happened between morning shoot around and game time which cause him to be excused.
The team is the only entity which needs to know the reason if Butler chooses to keep it private.

I don't see an issue here.
I would give Butler the benefit of the doubt.
He's earned it.

I've always been under the impression that when he was traded to Philly, he told them he wasn't going to re-sign and that he wanted to go to Miami. I also believe that while Miami would have had leverage here, Philly only accepted the Butler trade knowing that they had already worked out a handshake deal with Miami to flip him for J-Rich at the end of the season. I have zero proof and this is pure speculation, but that's how it felt to me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article236488403.html

New star and big offseason acquisition Jimmy Butler: Absent, shockingly and mysteriously missing his own grand opening for “personal reasons.”

The Heat’s first meaningful loss of the season came 1 hour and 45 minutes before the first game tipped off — probably not a good sign, as harbingers go.

“Jimmy is not going to be here for personal reasons,” announced Heat coach Erik Spoelstra.

No last name was required. It’s like with Pele’. That, or the fact Jimmy Butler is the only Jimmy on the roster.

My initial reaction?

Spo had to be kidding, right? You know, like how in public speaking they suggest you start off with something that might get a laugh?

This was no joke, alas. The Heat’s biggest new attraction — the star here to ease the ache of Wade’s retirement — would miss his own formal unveiling.

The only sign of Butler was on the cover of the Tip Off game program, and featured in the pregame hype video.

Imagine if, on the night they raise D-Wade’s number 3 to the rafters, Dwyane couldn’t be here for it. Sorry.

Imagine if, just before the wedding, the priest announces the groom couldn’t make it. “Personal reasons.”

“Everything is fine,” assured Spoelstra of Butler’s absence.

Yeah, well, except that the main attraction for an arena full of Heat fans was a no-show for his Big Hello.

I’m sure it will turn out to be a fine excuse. Significant-other-in-labor was the early betting favorite among media.

It’s because “everything is fine” that we are permitted to have a little fun here, of course, at the colossal anti-climax caused by your team’s big new star missing the season opener for reasons murky.

And why the secrecy, by the way? Childbirth, whooping cough, tickets to see Taylor Swift — whatever the “personal reasons,” don’t you sort of owe it to your paying customers to be transparent?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion Waiters- suspended for being an asshole

Jimmy Butler- MIA for "personal reasons"

James Johnson- benched for being fat

Ladies and gentleman- PAT RILEY AS YOUR GM IN 2019! lol

asleep at the wheel

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see an issue here.
I would give Butler the benefit of the doubt.
He's earned it.

I've always been under the impression that when he was traded to Philly, he told them he wasn't going to re-sign and that he wanted to go to Miami. I also believe that while Miami would have had leverage here, Philly only accepted the Butler trade knowing that they had already worked out a handshake deal with Miami to flip him for J-Rich at the end of the season. I have zero proof and this is pure speculation, but that's how it felt to me.

Wiggy hates Butler so there is no reasoning with him but I could see your scenario being true.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why the secrecy, by the way? Childbirth, whooping cough, tickets to see Taylor Swift — whatever the “personal reasons,” don’t you sort of owe it to your paying customers to be transparent?

Russell Westbrook who is married did not announce that he was missing games last year because his wife was about to give birth until after it happened. Whats your point again?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds awfully similar to Jimmy

Westbrook, who was a full participant in a contact practice on Friday and went through the team's shootaround on Saturday, appeared set to return against the Suns. However, he left after the team's shootaround to fly to Los Angeles to join his wife, Nina, for the birth of their daughters on Saturday night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is great for basketball to be back. Last night even the bad teams were competing hard. Knicks and OKC both leads in the 4th on the road against probable playoffs teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook who is married did not announce that he was missing games last year because his wife was about to give birth until after it happened. Whats your point again?
cry about your own beat reporter saying that they should disclose it ya big baby

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cry about your own beat reporter saying that they should disclose it ya big baby

I really don't care. It is a non story.

You're the only one insisting on talking about it.

@CitySushi posted it then Woj said it is a family matter.

Case should be closed after that