• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What leak? It was all out there in public. Baker correctly called out Garrett for fucking up, doesn't matter if it's your teammate when it's that blatant. He didn't pile on, only used common sense.

I was actually impressed with what he said. Based on some of the things he's done/said, if someone said that incident would happen and asked what I thought his response would be...I'd have said that he'd try to minimize or excuse it.

I was glad to see that I'd have been wrong.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see...which is more likely to kill someone?

A football helmet swung by a 270lb. man hitting an unprotected head?

Or a baseball thrown from 60 feet at a head with a helmet on it?

I'm going with the football helmet.

lineman swinging helmet gets my vote, too...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree wrong to comment on Duke situation as kind of an unwritten rule among players. But that doesn't mean every comment he makes is wrong.

Exactly. Baker has said some stupid stuff and commenting on another players money is a big unwritten no-no among players.

But that doesn't make everything he says wrong. This one of those that wasn't wrong, imo.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fabulous, but you compared sticking up for a guy hitting another with a helmet to a coach allowing r*pe to occur over years to a bunch of kids.

But keep going if you want.

Fuck off.
I compared both fan bases sticking up for them.
Never equated the crimes.

CLEVELAND -- The agent for Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph isn't ruling out any legal options in the aftermath of Thursday's melee.

"I am gathering all information and no options have been removed from the table," Tim Younger said when reached by text message Friday morning.

#hestartedit

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Baker has said some stupid stuff and commenting on another players money is a big unwritten no-no among players.

But that doesn't make everything he says wrong. This one of those that wasn't wrong, imo.

Nobody with a brain would try to justify what happened as anything but horrific.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off.
I compared both fan bases sticking up for them.
Never equated the crimes.

CLEVELAND -- The agent for Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph isn't ruling out any legal options in the aftermath of Thursday's melee.

"I am gathering all information and no options have been removed from the table," Tim Younger said when reached by text message Friday morning.

#hestartedit
Getting a little testy there are ya, little buckaroo? You made a foolish comment. Own it.

Not sure why you are showing me that quote/story. You think pitchers who throw at guys will face legal action? How about guys who hit guys with sticks in hockey?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a little testy there are ya, little buckaroo? You made a foolish comment. Own it.

Not sure why you are showing me that quote/story. You think pitchers who throw at guys will face legal action? How about guys who hit guys with sticks in hockey?

This is interesting and where Wiggy talking about the end result of the act comes in to play, imo.

Rudolph wasn't hurt, so even if he tries to press charges, it's unlikely that any court would even hear the case beyond saying it's up to the NFL to handle it.

But what if Rudolph had been seriously injured or killed? What if it ended his career?

That might change things from legal perspective.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting and where Wiggy talking about the end result of the act comes in to play, imo.

Rudolph wasn't hurt, so even if he tries to press charges, it's unlikely that any court would even hear the case beyond saying it's up to the NFL to handle it.

But what if Rudolph had been seriously injured or killed? What if it ended his career?

I just read that he would have to come back to Cleveland, press charges, and that it would be a misdemeanor

which basically means there is 0.00% chance of it happening.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree 100%....seeing as how I'm not even sure he got a scratch he might get laughed out of the league if he tried to press charges.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that he would have to come back to Cleveland, press charges, and that it would be a misdemeanor

which basically means there is 0.00% chance of it happening.
But answer his question. What would happen legally if his career ended because of it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But answer his question. What would happen legally if his career ended because of it?
civil suit you thinking? Far different time, but don't think Rudy T ever did anything to Kermit Washington.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
civil suit you thinking? Far different time, but don't think Rudy T ever did anything to Kermit Washington.
Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Different time indeed, the lost salary numbers are astronomically higher

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Different time indeed, the lost salary numbers are astronomically higher
Can't think of a precedent of anything recent...meaning a guy had his career cut short due to an injury from an act outside the normal play in the game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not condoning assault in the slightest

as I have said multiple times- Garrett was an idiot for what he did and should be held accountable

but none of it happens without Rudolph- TWICE starting things-- once by kicking him in the nuts and twisting his head, and then ANOTHER time by re-engaging after it was broken up.

Mason Rudolph is not an innocent in this.

If by starting it, you mean getting on top of Garrett and Pulling on his helmet AFTER Garret delivered a very late, unnecessary and illegal hit, in a game where PIT’s top two WRs were both concussed by hits ranging from illegal to dirty, then sure.

If by re-engaging, you mean going after his helmet that Garrett stole from him, then ok again.

I shouldn’t be surprised that all the Cleveland homers are supporting their guy here. I guarantee the response would be different if this happened to any other team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If by starting it, you mean getting on top of Garrett and Pulling on his helmet AFTER Garret delivered a very late, unnecessary and illegal hit, in a game where PIT’s top two WRs were both concussed by hits ranging from illegal to dirty, then sure.

If by re-engaging, you mean going after his helmet that Garrett stole from him, then ok again.

I shouldn’t be surprised that all the Cleveland homers are supporting their guy here. I guarantee the response would be different if this happened to any other team.
If it happened the other way where Rudolph succeeded in getting Garrett's helmet and hit Garrett with it the response would be making fun of Garrett for getting beat up by a QB. don't kid yourself.

Many QBs get hit late and don't try to rip the helmet off the defensive player nor kick him in the nads. .....never mind with all the flags we have seen for late hits Garrett did not get one for the play. could it have been avoided? Yep. Was Garrett at fault and did he go too far? Also yep.

have others committed similar acts, not been told they were criminals and been punished less? also yep.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is nothing based in fact. purely your bullshit opinion- if even that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it happened the other way where Rudolph succeeded in getting Garrett's helmet and hit Garrett with it the response would be making fun of Garrett for getting beat up by a QB. don't kid yourself.

Many QBs get hit late and don't try to rip the helmet off the defensive player nor kick him in the nads. .....never mind with all the flags we have seen for late hits Garrett did not get one for the play. could it have been avoided? Yep. Was Garrett at fault and did he go too far? Also yep.

have others committed similar acts, not been told they were criminals and been punished less? also yep.
the guy is an idiot calling that a bad hit too. no way was that going to get anything CLOSE to a flag.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great, I'm actually looking forward to tonight's game. Lakers have a solid team. Defensive hustle and rebounding. NICE!