• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from the guy crying about Draymond needing to get suspended when he didn't even injure Lebron, after Lebron instigated the whole thing too, this is hilarious.

You're a hypocrite of the highest order.
That's pretty much his main identity, biggest hypocrite here

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean its common sense- or so I would think

if Rudolph was hit in his temple by the hard part of the helmet and died

it would be different than if he suffered no injury at all
Especially for Rudolph

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said he didn't have to defend him. He didn't have to call him out to the media. Baker could've said something along the lines of "He knows he messed up. And that's it." Take a page out of the Patriots playbook where they don't leak shit out.
What leak? It was all out there in public. Baker correctly called out Garrett for fucking up, doesn't matter if it's your teammate when it's that blatant. He didn't pile on, only used common sense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What leak? It was all out there in public. Baker correctly called out Garrett for fucking up, doesn't matter if it's your teammate when it's that blatant. He didn't pile on, only used common sense.

I think you're misunderstanding the context in which I say "leak". And it does matter if it's your teammate. I've seen other players in sports fuck up to the degree that Garrett did last night, and their respective teammates not pile on. Baker could've just said he's not going to comment on that and that's it. But instead, he likes to comment on everyone else that's not perfect (commented on Duke Johnson's contract situation during training camp as well).

I'm not excusing Garrett for what he did, he was in the wrong and the punishment fits the crime. But Baker didn't have to make any type of comment, but he decided to and that's the point. Whether you agree with me or not, is irrelevant.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think there's a difference between tossing a mouth guard into the stands versus using a weapon to strike another person?

You're using a freak occurrence versus something that has a tangible effect on someone. You throw a mouth guard at someone, if it ends up blinding them, that you can clearly state was not intended to inflict pain. However if you swing a helmet a someone not wearing one to strike them on the head, I would think you could safely assume there's intent to harm there.

Anyone else find it said that Sushi's having to explain this to a lawyer? I can't be the only one.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're misunderstanding the context in which I say "leak". And it does matter if it's your teammate. I've seen other players in sports fuck up to the degree that Garrett did last night, and their respective teammates not pile on. Baker could've just said he's not going to comment on that and that's it. But instead, he likes to comment on everyone else that's not perfect (commented on Duke Johnson's contract situation during training camp as well).

I'm not excusing Garrett for what he did, he was in the wrong and the punishment fits the crime. But Baker didn't have to make any type of comment, but he decided to and that's the point. Whether you agree with me or not, is irrelevant.
Whether anyone agrees with anyone else here is always irrelevant. I get what you're saying, but I didn't see Baker as piling on, and I doubt anyone else did but you. He would have been ripped for saying no comment too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im good but thanks for the concern.

“He’s on my team, its ok”
“Other guy started it”

How does anyone know what was said leading up to that play?
OBJ couldn’t contain himself after making 1 decent play.

So fucking stupid.
Fabulous, but you compared sticking up for a guy hitting another with a helmet to a coach allowing r*pe to occur over years to a bunch of kids.

But keep going if you want.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said he didn't have to defend him. He didn't have to call him out to the media. Baker could've said something along the lines of "He knows he messed up. And that's it." Take a page out of the Patriots playbook where they don't leak shit out.
Kind of is what he said....but something tells me no matter what he said you'd have cried about it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree wrong to comment on Duke situation as kind of an unwritten rule among players. But that doesn't mean every comment he makes is wrong.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Rudolph got hit in the head and I'm not even sure he had a scratch. when a guy does get hit by a baseball in the head does he come through completely un scathed very often?

This is about some saying he "could have killed him", And the question is still what is more likely to result in death?

Let's see...which is more likely to kill someone?

A football helmet swung by a 270lb. man hitting an unprotected head?

Or a baseball thrown from 60 feet at a head with a helmet on it?

I'm going with the football helmet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether anyone agrees with anyone else here is always irrelevant. I get what you're saying, but I didn't see Baker as piling on, and I doubt anyone else did but you. He would have been ripped for saying no comment too.
Nailed it....not enough fans willing to be in the middle on many topics, players, etc. Too many are either "haters" or "fanboys" of the guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see...which is more likely to kill someone?

A football helmet swung by a 270lb. man hitting an unprotected head?

Or a baseball thrown from 60 feet at a head with a helmet on it?

I'm going with the football helmet.
I wouldn't. You realize your face and often forehead are unprotected at the plate?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An FYI....for those who think there is no precedent, Antonio Smith was suspended 3 games (2 were preseason) for - you guessed it - ripping off Incognito's helmet and hitting him with it in his face.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The juxtaposition refutes basically everything else. He's still your teammate. Just don't comment on the situation and that's it.

Again, I disagree. As the team leader, he has to comment on it and he can't defend him. Not commenting would look like he was okay with it.

The "you don't call out a teammate" thing isn't some all encompassing rule. Some things need to be called out. This is one of those things.

Maybe he didn't need to go into how he hurt the team, etc. But saying it's unacceptable and that Garrett knows that was perfectly fine.