• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one is justifying a provoked guy hitting another with a helmet, the other is justifying innocent boys being raped over a period of years.

Dance, deflect, distort, you made a foolish comment. Question is, could this be the first time you man up and own your absurd comment.

Same mindset, to defend as fan of team.
Thats all im saying.
Nobody compared the crimes but you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaq was suspended 2 games i think for this incident

if he connects with Brad Miller and knocks him out and puts him in the hospital how long do you think the suspension is? @CitySushi 10 games? 20 games? a whole season?

the penalty would eb somewhere between 5x different and 40x different i would imagine.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same mindset, to defend as fan of team.
Thats all im saying.
Nobody compared the crimes but you.
You made maybe the most absurd comment I've seen here (and even for you that is saying a lot). If I compared the 2 in any way I would (and should) get crucified.

It is not the "same mindset" to defend child r*pe and a hit with a helmet.

I would urge you to not keep this out there for anyone to see, but keep going if you want (as I know there is no chance you own up to this beyond absurd comment).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever watch baseball? Think garrett swinging a helmet or throwing a ball at someone at 90-100 MPH is more dangerous?

Guys throw at players all the time. At most they miss 2 starts for it (out of 33). Guess the moral is Garrett should carry a baseball for next time?

The difference is, they aren't typically throwing a ball 90-100 mph at someone's head. At least not intentionally.

Normally, they are aiming for torso, buttocks, etc.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, if they get to the playoffs with everyone rested and healthy, I doubt they'll care much about their seeding.

That's fine and all but winning a title without HCA in any or just 1 round is extremely tough

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi
Steph Curry was not suspended at all for throwing his mouth guard into the stands

if his mouth guard hit a fan in the eye and blinded them in that eye how many games do you think he gets? 10 games? 40 games? a whole season?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, they aren't typically throwing a ball 90-100 mph at someone's head. At least not intentionally.

Normally, they are aiming for torso, buttocks, etc.
Agree, but they don't always hit the target, right? You've seen pitches called to be thrown low and outside and end 3 feet higher, right? Not crazy to think one of these pitches at the torso ends up a couple feet higher. Certainly better chance to sustain a major injury from this than swinging a helmet, right?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaq was suspended 2 games i think for this incident

if he connects with Brad Miller and knocks him out and puts him in the hospital how long do you think the suspension is? @CitySushi 10 games? 20 games? a whole season?

the penalty would eb somewhere between 5x different and 40x different i would imagine.

This was back in a time where penalties were much less severe for these types of things. I think if you saw this in today's NBA I think you'd see a 8-10 game suspension. Just my opinion.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi
Steph Curry was not suspended at all for throwing his mouth guard into the stands

if his mouth guard hit a fan in the eye and blinded them in that eye how many games do you think he gets? 10 games? 40 games? a whole season?

Why do you keep posting hypotheticals that are not even similar? I don't understand it. Garrett swung a helmet with the intent to injure and made contact with Rudolph's head. Curry has no intention of harming anyone in the stands. LOL, you're reaching, even after I agreed with you. I just don't understand your need to be right.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Your hypotheticals come down to basically manslaughter vs. attempted murder. Garrett had every intention to harm and even though he didn't fully succeed, the action was there. If someone kills someone unintentionally, that's manslaughter. Which crime has a higher penalty rate?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep posting hypotheticals that are not even similar? I don't understand it. Garrett swung a helmet with the intent to injure and made contact with Rudolph's head. Curry has no intention of harming anyone in the stands. LOL, you're reaching, even after I agreed with you. I just don't understand your need to be right.
while I agree I don't know why he kept it going after you agreed, not sure I completely agree here. Actually, guess I kind of do but that's the point.....Even while not trying to injure had Curry's binky hurt someone he'd have received a significant suspension.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but they don't always hit the target, right? You've seen pitches called to be thrown low and outside and end 3 feet higher, right? Not crazy to think one of these pitches at the torso ends up a couple feet higher. Certainly better chance to sustain a major injury from this than swinging a helmet, right?

No, there isn't a greater chance, imo. The pitcher is throwing from the mound which gives the batter a chance to duck/get out of the way. It's why you rarely see a guy get hit in the head when a pitch gets away from a pitcher and is going towards the players head.

To hit a guy with a helmet, you have to be a lot closer.

Yes, guys do still get hit in the head occasionally, but it's pretty rare.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I agree I don't know why he kept it going after you agreed, not sure I completely agree here. Actually, guess I kind of do but that's the point.....Even while not trying to injure had Curry's binky hurt someone he'd have received a significant suspension.

Absolutely. And I agree. What's crazy is that @WiggyRuss doesn't believe there's anything different than intended versus unintended harm. His hypothetical situations don't even correlated to each other.

It's not even close to being a similar action of what Garrett did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there isn't a greater chance, imo. The pitcher is throwing from the mound which gives the batter a chance to duck/get out of the way. It's why you rarely see a guy get hit in the head when a pitch gets away from a pitcher and is going towards the players head.

To hit a guy with a helmet, you have to be a lot closer.

Yes, guys do still get hit in the head occasionally, but it's pretty rare.
And Rudolph got hit in the head and I'm not even sure he had a scratch. when a guy does get hit by a baseball in the head does he come through completely un scathed very often?

This is about some saying he "could have killed him", And the question is still what is more likely to result in death?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. And I agree. What's crazy is that @WiggyRuss doesn't believe there's anything different than intended versus unintended harm. His hypothetical situations don't even correlated to each other.

i said there not "anything different"?

that is a gross mis-characterization

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Your hypotheticals come down to basically manslaughter vs. attempted murder. Garrett had every intention to harm and even though he didn't fully succeed, the action was there. If someone kills someone unintentionally, that's manslaughter. Which crime has a higher penalty rate?
well there are a million things wrong with your post

there absolutely is such as thing as intentional manslaughter

A guy can find his wife in bed with another man and if he acts with "passion" (a legal term) and there is no cooling off period then he can be found not guilty of murder.

not all manslaughter is unintentional. not by a long shot.

2nd- as i demonstrated with the Shaq exmaple--- eh got i think 2 games....the penalty if he connected could have been anywwhere from 5x to 40x worse.

in that regard it might be the SINGLE most influential factor in the whole penalty process.

Its the difference between Curry getting ZERO games and it being forgotten and Curry getting 30 games and it being a major incident and defining moment in his career.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made maybe the most absurd comment I've seen here (and even for you that is saying a lot). If I compared the 2 in any way I would (and should) get crucified.

It is not the "same mindset" to defend child r*pe and a hit with a helmet.

I would urge you to not keep this out there for anyone to see, but keep going if you want (as I know there is no chance you own up to this beyond absurd comment).

How about quit making shit up?
I said the fan mindset is the same.
Defending the action, just because its your team.
I never compared the crimes.
If you cant grasp the concept, too fucking bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the difference between murder and manslaughter is often times if there was "adequate provocation"

that requires an act, and no cooling off period and the act was provoked.

Here all that would be present.

obviously there was no cooling off period- it was done in the heat of the moment

obviously there was adequate provocation- he was kicked in the balls and the other party twisted his helmet and neck in a violent way.

so.....look at the totality of the circumstances.

1. It was in the heat of passion

2. It was provoked by the actions of the other person

3. There was no significant injury incurred

while these things in no way shape or form absolve Garrett of culpability, each one is a mitigating circumstances.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about quit making shit up?
I said the fan mindset is the same.
Defending the action, just because its your team.
I never compared the crimes.
If you cant grasp the concept, too fucking bad.
its not AT ALL the same

defending a guy for acting in the heat of passion after he just got kicked in the balls and had his neck violently twisted is NO WHERE IN THE SAME REALM as defending someone from covering up institutionalized sexual assault that happened with premeditation over a course of decades.

try not to be a fucking idiot next time and think before you write. You are all emotion and no logic.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he’s an attorney lol.
Can you even imagine.
Man is kicked out of league within 12 hours and he’s still trying to justify the action and pass blame.