• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t you call them lowly?

Current state: lowly. I'm not going to trace all the way back to get my direct quote, but it was something along the lines of being on the right track.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians and Freddie had worked together. why wouldn't it have worked...could even have told Freddie he could be groomed as coach in waiting.

Issue is it seems like maybe Freddie was not the reason for their success last year.

If Freddie were to stay under Arians, would that make him essentially an extension of Arians, and not what he was last year? Arians would likely be calling the plays IMO.

Teams have adjusted to Baker, which is one impact. Adding ODB to the team hasn't been a full value positive, as he has either become an expensive decoy and/or taken away some of Landry's targets, plus Chubb needs to be fed. It's a lot of moving parts behind a questionable OL in an offense that hasn't gelled yet, under a first time head coach. That national hype didn't help the situation either; just more pressure where it wasn't needed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Freddie were to stay under Arians, would that make him essentially an extension of Arians, and not what he was last year? Arians would likely be calling the plays IMO.

Teams have adjusted to Baker, which is one impact. Adding ODB to the team hasn't been a full value positive, as he has either become an expensive decoy and/or taken away some of Landry's targets, plus Chubb needs to be fed. It's a lot of moving parts behind a questionable OL in an offense that hasn't gelled yet, under a first time head coach. That national hype didn't help the situation either; just more pressure where it wasn't needed.
I think arians would have allowed Freddie to call the plays (believe he said he'd keep him if offered the job and allow this).

I get they have adjusted to Baker but the guy was one of best in RZ and very accurate to worst and inaccurate.

I do think something to your OBJ comments, but at least as far as yardage, seems Landry will surpass his productivity from last year. Mystery seems to be Higgins who was a Baker go-to target last year or at least someone he depended on who cannot even get on the field.....and no one will say why.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Brown. But I'm not only talking about coaches who won titles.

I think Fizdale has done more with less. I'd put Spo in this category, as well.

So Fizdale is a great assistant coach? Fizdale has only coached for 3 years. Not even enough of a track record to say he is great.

Spo definitely has done a good job getting to the playoffs after having a stacked roster with Lebron, Bosh and Wade but he won titles with great players.

You don't know a coach is a great coach until they win or win consistently.

Brad Stevens has to be considered to be a great coach especially handling the dysfunction of Kyrie, players injuries and he has a longer track record than a guy like Fizdale.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Fizdale is a great assistant coach? Fizdale has only coached for 3 years. Not even enough of a track record to say he is great.

Spo definitely has done a good job getting to the playoffs after having a stacked roster with Lebron, Bosh and Wade but he won titles with great players.

You don't know a coach is a great coach until they win or win consistently.

Brad Stevens has to be considered to be a great coach especially handling the dysfunction of Kyrie, players injuries and he has a longer track record than a guy like Fizdale.
Brad Stevens did less with more. How is he a great coach? Might he be? Sure, but the guy added Kyrie and Heyward and his team got worse than the previous season.

Don't think I called Fiz great? Thought he did more with that Memphis team than should have been expected with all their injuries and lack of star talent.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering how anybody could possibly be a Suns fan. Thanks for the explanation.
Oh before the “Splash Brothers” era the Suns absolutely wrecked the Warriors on a yearly basis and had a stronger fan base.

It’s funny how some of you don’t have a memory pre-2010.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Stevens did less with more. How is he a great coach? Might he be? Sure, but the guy added Kyrie and Heyward and his team got worse than the previous season.

Don't think I called Fiz great? Thought he did more with that Memphis team than should have been expected with all their injuries and lack of star talent.

well for starters, they took the Cavs to 7 games and was one game from Finals without Heyward and Kyrie and a pretty average team. I would definitely say that is doing more than less. You only mentioned one season...what about the rest

We were talking about great coaches that did more with less and you named Fizdale, not sure why...he isn't a great coach. Great assistant coach, sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevens is also one of the best defensive coaches in the NBA. Great with X's and O's

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh before the “Splash Brothers” era the Suns absolutely wrecked the Warriors on a yearly basis and had a stronger fan base.

I've erased my memory prior to 2010. Can you blame me? LOL. I wanted your Nash teams to take down the dynastic Spurs and for the Suns to halt Jordan's reign, but it was all just disappointment. The only other Suns moment that comes to my mind from the last 30 years is Raja Bell going at it with Kobe.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have doubts about the Suns having a stronger fan base, but yeah, everybody wrecked the Warriors before.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Miami will have a full roster tonight. Will be interesting at the players who get DNP-CD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL , New Orleans looks like the Lakers looked last year. So much for theory that the Lakers got fleeced and gave up too much

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well for starters, they took the Cavs to 7 games and was one game from Finals without Heyward and Kyrie and a pretty average team. I would definitely say that is doing more than less. You only mentioned one season...what about the rest

We were talking about great coaches that did more with less and you named Fizdale, not sure why...he isn't a great coach. Great assistant coach, sure.
was a nice job by Stevens and the Cs that year, though not sure I'd say average team. They had talent. And then they added 2 all stars and he got worse.

2 seasons. Overachieved in one. Underachieved in the other. Not sure how that makes him "great".

Actually, I was asked the "type" of coach I like and I said coaches who do more with less and Fiz came to mind (as did Spoelstra). Larry Brown probably the best of guys in this group.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevens is also one of the best defensive coaches in the NBA. Great with X's and O's
Yet came into last season expecting to come out of the East and went out in round 2.

This isn't to say I don't like the guy, but think he was very overrated coming into last year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL , New Orleans looks like the Lakers looked last year. So much for theory that the Lakers got fleeced and gave up too much
That was the Griff factor. Very overrated GM. Good? Sure, but hardly a keep at all cost GM.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know their top pick isn't playing until January right? And i also don't know who said the Lakers gave up too much

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the Griff factor. Very overrated GM. Good? Sure, but hardly a keep at all cost GM.

So we're just going to ignore that Zion who would likely be a top 3 player on the team is out? Cool