• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta admit, this has been the best playoffs in a long long time. Makes you think maybe they should think of mutual site playoffs in the future

Sure.

But, this was also the most wide open field we have had in at least a decade.

We were all excited for this year’s playoffs long before the bubble was a thing for that cerybreasob

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game?

The average starting field position for the last 2.5 quarters was like the Eagles 35 yard line.

That win was 100% credit to the defense.

No, I would never intentionally watch a Was/Phi game. It would have to be the only game on, with no good movies or sitcom reruns on either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I would never intentionally watch a Was/Phi game. It would have to be the only game on, with no good movies or sitcom reruns on either.

Right. that is what I figured.

Haskins stats from yesterday looked halfway decent because of garbage time production, but he was awful.

Down 20-0 at halftime and I think 27-3 at the start of the 4th

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. that is what I figured.

Haskins stats from yesterday looked halfway decent because of garbage time production, but he was awful.

Down 20-0 at halftime and I think 27-3 at the start of the 4th

Watched some of the game. When the Browns aren't on...I will venture to Redzone. I didn't watch much football bc I was watching the U.S. Open but saw Haskins play some. Like you said, you look at his stats...it didn't look bad. The part of the game I watched he didn't look good but he was pressured a lot. He didn't handle it very well. OL sucks and he doesn't have much to work with...we could see the player he truly he will more to work with on offense but either way...he hasn't been that impressive. I mean he is going from Ohio St where he had a beastly OL and weapons everywhere to one of the worst OL's and not many weapons.

Will see a full game next Sunday when he plays the Browns. Should be interesting. He will probably have the best game of his career lol.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some of the game. When the Browns aren't on...I will venture to Redzone. I didn't watch much football bc I was watching the U.S. Open but saw Haskins play some. Like you said, you look at his stats...it didn't look bad. The part of the game I watched he didn't look good but he was pressured a lot. He didn't handle it very well. OL sucks and he doesn't have much to work with...we could see the player he truly he will more to work with on offense but either way...he hasn't been that impressive. I mean he is going from Ohio St where he had a beastly OL and weapons everywhere to one of the worst OL's and not many weapons.

Will see a full game next Sunday when he plays the Browns. Should be interesting. He will probably have the best game of his career lol.

Yea he doesn't have much to work with.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure.

But it isn’t like he is playing against elite defenses.

The QBs who end up being good still make plenty of mistakes as rookies, but they always flash on occasion.

Haskins hasn’t flashed a damn thing. And he isn’t a rookie anymore. The gap between him and Kyler is monumental.

And the difference is 1 guy is able to see the field and make quick decisions and the other isn’t.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

The QBs who end up being good still make plenty of mistakes as rookies, but they always flash on occasion.

Haskins hasn’t flashed a damn thing. And he isn’t a rookie anymore. The gap between him and Kyler is monumental.

And the difference is 1 guy is able to see the field and make quick decisions and the other isn’t.
I gotta admit Kyler Murray is pretty sick for a short QB...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

Gotta laugh at the Haskins/Murray comparison. Murray has Fitzgerald and Hopkins. Starts for each. Haskins: 9 (he hasn't even played a full seasons worth of games). Murray's started 18. Again not saying Haskins will turn out to be a good QB. But it's not like he has many weapons around him right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

I would technically still consider him a rookie. 9 starts now, not much time in training camp and no preseason games. Again, not saying he has looked good but he's only started 9 games in the NFL and one college year. He's a project, yet he is starting for possibly the worst offense in the NFL. The best thing for Haskins was sitting 2-3 years, said that before the draft and Alex Smith's carerr ended horribly...which is very unfortunate for Smith and Hasksin. I think he is no real shot to succeed now, not saying he did but he had more of a shot sitting behind a veteran not starting right out of the gate imo.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta laugh at the Haskins/Murray comparison. Murray has Fitzgerald and Hopkins. Starts for each. Haskins: 9 (he hasn't even played a full seasons worth of games). Murray's started 18. Again not saying Haskins will turn out to be a good QB. But it's not like he has many weapons around him right now.

Murray probably had worse surrounding talent last year.

He had skill positions, but horrendous line play and without Hopkins the receiver group was talented, but either young and raw or well past prime (Fitz).

What you are seeing now is the addition of a playmaker (Hopkins) and Murray’s ability to elevate the offense.

Sorry man, but a good QB makes an offense. Look at Rodgers in Green Bay. Cam in New England.

A bad QB sinks an offense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't even about the weapons and surrounding cast. Murray is a much better athlete as well and he went #1 overall. Haskins shouldn't have went 1st. No reason to even compare the two.
The only question marks for Murray had for the most part was his stature. Haskins was a project player taken in mid-1st by a terrible organization that reached.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would technically still consider him a rookie. 9 starts now, not much time in training camp and no preseason games. Again, not saying he has looked good but he's only started 9 games in the NFL and one college year. He's a project, yet he is starting for possibly the worst offense in the NFL. The best thing for Haskins was sitting 2-3 years, said that before the draft and Alex Smith's carerr ended horribly...which is very unfortunate for Smith and Hasksin. I think he is no real shot to succeed now, not saying he did but he had more of a shot sitting behind a veteran not starting right out of the gate imo.

Sure.

But he also never had a shot

Just like Jordan Love sitting behind Rodgers has no shot.

You all will see I am right on both counts as it plays out.

You can’t play the QB position effectively at the NFL level without being a high caliber decision maker. Haskins doesn’t have that capability.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people need to realize with Haskins he should not be starting for any team at the moment. Some QB's need to play to develop, some need to sit the bench and learn...Haskins is that guy imo. So don't expect any real improvement through 9 games where he is running for his life and can never even be comfortable in the pocket.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't even about the weapons and surrounding cast. Murray is a much better athlete as well and he went #1 overall. Haskins shouldn't have went 1st. No reason to even compare the two.
The only question marks for Murray had for the most part was his stature. Haskins was a project player taken in mid-1st by a terrible organization that reached.

I would be willing to bet that Snyder would have drafted Haskins over Murray.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But he also never had a shot

Just like Jordan Love sitting behind Rodgers has no shot.

You all will see I am right on both counts as it plays out.

You can’t play the QB position effectively at the NFL level without being a high caliber decision maker. Haskins doesn’t have that capability.

Like I said before, I don't expect him to be great so it's not about that. It's about his development, you will never see any players' true development when the situation is handled so poorly. Plain and simple, he should not be starting. He wouldn't for any other team. I mean Fitzpatrick is starting over Tua and Tua is way more NFL ready than Haskins. Start Kyle Allen.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray probably had worse surrounding talent last year.

He had skill positions, but horrendous line play and without Hopkins the receiver group was talented, but either young and raw or well past prime (Fitz).

What you are seeing now is the addition of a playmaker (Hopkins) and Murray’s ability to elevate the offense.

Sorry man, but a good QB makes an offense. Look at Rodgers in Green Bay. Cam in New England.

A bad QB sinks an offense.

So the only comparions for a QB that hasn't started a full seasons worth of games for a team with alotta problems is a sure shot HOFer in Rodgers. A former MVP in Cam. And a recent # 1 overall pick with much more talent and athleticism than Haksins. Sorry man. It just sounds like you've had it out for him from the moment he was drafted.