• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are one of those guys that sees something on social media, believes it, uses it as reliable information and keeps believing it even when proven wrong. Don't listen to social media...it's a disease

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are one of those guys that sees something on social media, believes it, uses it as reliable information and keeps believing it even when proven wrong. Don't listen to social media...it's a disease

Just posted a twitter thread detailing white people that were unarmed and shot dead by police - most of which were assaulting officers. You don't see me getting in a tit fit about it. Comply with the law and you have a significantly greater chance breathing the next day.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lie. They stopped and got him fast food.

Really?

Did Police Take Dylann Roof to Burger King?

They sent someone to get him food because they were told that he hadn't eaten in a couple of days. They didn't "stop and get him food".

If they did not provide him with food, he could have a civil rights complaint.

Btw, how are we coming on those questions I asked you re: Jacob Blake's culpability?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have unarmed black men shot by police - outrage

I just posted a twitter thread on white men that were unarmed and shot by police - not outraged (and they don't deserve it if they took the stance they did by being non-compliant).

Hmmm, seems we have a double standard, folks.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm, let's see:

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey booed by protesters after refusing to defund and abolish police - CNN

Opinion | Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

After Mayor Rejects Defunding Police, Youth Activists Bring Demands To Her Neighborhood

"
“The police department is an inherently racist institution. It cannot be reformed, it must be abolished,” an activist with Pilsen Alliance said at Thursday’s march.
"

The information's there, have fun reading.

Anyone can cherry pick to make "the other side" look like idiots or evil:

North Carolina Police Chief Fires Three Officers Over Racist Comments Caught On Tape

So the majority of cops are racist thugs like these guys?

@tlance is right. The loony extreme thinks police are all evil. The other loony extreme thinks police never fuck up.

So at least on this board, where we discuss things with respect, can we skip over the back and forth of trying to score points and try to be empathetic to each other's position? I don't hear the NBA people saying we should abolish police.

Let's all agree on some common assumptions, that there is a real problem with policing, that being black is harder than being white, and go from there. Let's work WITH the police to FIX IT.

You'll never eliminate racism. But as it has gotten better over time, and less and less acceptable, let's keep going in that direction.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can cherry pick to make "the other side" look like idiots or evil:

North Carolina Police Chief Fires Three Officers Over Racist Comments Caught On Tape

So the majority of cops are racist thugs like these guys?

@tlance is right. The loony extreme thinks police are all evil. The other loony extreme thinks police never fuck up.

So at least on this board, where we discuss things with respect, can we skip over the back and forth of trying to score points and try to be empathetic to each other's position? I don't hear the NBA people saying we should abolish police.

Let's all agree on some common assumptions, that there is a real problem with policing, that being black is harder than being white, and go from there. Let's work WITH the police to FIX IT.

You'll never eliminate racism. But as it has gotten better over time, and less and less acceptable, let's keep going in that direction.

I do agree, there are extremists on both sides and they're the ones that are escalating and driving this divide.

But I can agree with a majority of your post. But you and I along with others on this thread are sadly far more logical than a significant number of people.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what he should've done different, considering all of the actions that were taken prior to the shooting.

The guy was on a felony warrant. So is the officer suppose to say "Hey, buddy how about you just be nice and come with me?"

The warrant was issued over a month ago on charges stemming from an incident in early May.

If Blake were viewed as a menace to society, he should have already been detained. But 3rd degree sex assault charges aren’t high priority for police.

So, I would say best case would be to detain him and take him in on the spot. Once the 4 officers at the scene failed to do that, it is better to let him drive away and track him down later than to shoot him in the back.

Now it might be different if the charges against him were more severe. 3rd degree means that he didn’t cause significant harm to the victim.

Again, not saying he shouldn’t be locked up. He should.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just posted a twitter thread detailing white people that were unarmed and shot dead by police - most of which were assaulting officers. You don't see me getting in a tit fit about it. Comply with the law and you have a significantly greater chance breathing the next day.

Why not?

No unarmed person should be shot by police. I don’t want this to happen to anybody.

Be better. Hold police accountable for their life altering/ending mess ups.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warrant was issued over a month ago on charges stemming from an incident in early May.

If Blake were viewed as a menace to society, he should have already been detained. But 3rd degree sex assault charges aren’t high priority for police.

So, I would say best case would be to detain him and take him in on the spot. Once the 4 officers at the scene failed to do that, it is better to let him drive away and track him down later than to shoot him in the back.

Now it might be different if the charges against him were more severe. 3rd degree means that he didn’t cause significant harm to the victim.

Again, not saying he shouldn’t be locked up. He should.

He resisted arrest. And what if he goes and sexually assaults someone again from the time they let him go in your scenario? Last I check, it was still a felony.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not?

No unarmed person should be shot by police. I don’t want this to happen to anybody.

Be better. Hold police accountable for their life altering/ending mess ups.

If I basically fight with police and go into my car after said altercation, I fully expect to be shot, especially if they just tased me without any effect.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid. Still think it should have been discussed prior to the restart. I'm sure the owners would have been fine with it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He resisted arrest. And what if he goes and sexually assaults someone again from the time they let him go in your scenario? Last I check, it was still a felony.

Then do their job better and detain him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I basically fight with police and go into my car after said altercation, I fully expect to be shot, especially if they just tased me without any effect.

You're just stupid. That much is obvious.

There's other ways to handle things without shooting someone who doesn't have a gun.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then do their job better and detain him.

That or find another profession. Pretty simple.

The gun should be one of the last options if the person you're trying to detain doesn't have a gun

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That or find another profession. Pretty simple.

The gun should be one of the last options if the person you're trying to detain doesn't have a gun

Yeah.

3rd degree sex assault + resisting arrest does not equal a potential death sentence.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @people who aren't and never have been police officers having all of the answers.

How about suspects don't resist arrest? Where is that in the discussion?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just stupid. That much is obvious.

If you're going to start this stuff, you need to step away from the conversation. The fact that we DON'T do this here is why I've always been ok with these types of discussions.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @people who aren't and never have been police officers having all of the answers.

Of course. Don’t resist.

Suspects who do should catch extra charges. Not bullets.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you but if you're a good cop and have backup, there's no reason why your gun should be needed unless the suspect is about to use his gun on you.

If a group of you can't arrest one person without using your gun then you suck at your job