• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say social media has made this country what it is today. People will believe anything they see on social media now and it's not going to improve especially if people keep resisting arrests instead just complying with the cops. ALL lives matter and not just black lives, white lives, etc. This isn't bringing our country together, it's separating us even more. Boycotting, protesting, etc. is exactly what they don't need to be doing. Not sure if you can help when a lot of people have an agenda and they aren't going to change it..especially with social media.

I've always said that the internet and what has been created as a result of the internet makes it, at the same time, the best and worst invention in the history of man.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say social media has made this country what it is today. People will believe anything they see on social media now and it's not going to improve especially if people keep resisting arrests instead just complying with the cops. ALL lives matter and not just black lives, white lives, etc. This isn't bringing our country together, it's separating us even more. Boycotting, protesting, etc. is exactly what they don't need to be doing. Not sure if you can help when a lot of people have an agenda and they aren't going to change it..especially with social media.

It also doesn't help when a white person murder 2 people and is treated much better than a person of color who didn't do anything close to that. Cops gave mass murderer Dylann Roff burger king atter the Charleston church so lets quit acting like this shooting was necessary

Reactions: DJ

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the work behind the scenes. You see that things aren't getting better and it's that old tired out saying where doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity. If only it was possible to eliminate all social media platforms. It has made people more miserable if anything.

I don't get on social media anyway. Never get on facebook anymore, never been into twitter...I do get on instagram sometimes but that's about it

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get on social media anyway. Never get on facebook anymore, never been into twitter...I do get on instagram sometimes but that's about it

Cancelled my FB account, I saw some people that have done some immoral shit start talking about the moral fiber of the country when Trump got elected back in 2016. I kept my twitter for sports, but that's starting to go away. Never had an instagram.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This why nothing is going to change.

It's very simple. The behavior of the person being arrested determines how things will go. If the person complies with the officers orders, things don't escalate into someone getting hurt or killed.

And as for "he was just reaching into his car" or "it was just a knife". Officers have been killed with "just a knife" and officers have been killed because the suspect was "just reaching into his car for something".

Unless and until part of the discussion focuses on the behavior of the suspects when they are being arrested, things aren't going to get better.

You are right that behavior of suspects matters in this.

However, police can’t control choices other people make. They can control their response. Suspects are going to resist sometimes.

Police need to get better at deescalating tense scenes. Way too often they come in with the mindset they need to “dominate and control”.

Well, they need to have a more diverse tool set to the job in 2020.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm, let's see:

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey booed by protesters after refusing to defund and abolish police - CNN

Opinion | Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

After Mayor Rejects Defunding Police, Youth Activists Bring Demands To Her Neighborhood

"
“The police department is an inherently racist institution. It cannot be reformed, it must be abolished,” an activist with Pilsen Alliance said at Thursday’s march.
"

The information's there, have fun reading.

Again, that is an extremist position. Not what most people want.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also doesn't help when a white person murder 2 people and is treated much better than a person of color who didn't do anything close to that. Cops gave mass murderer Dylann Roff burger king atter the Charleston church so lets quit acting like this shooting was necessary

Then you deal directly with those kinds of issues. Things like that are why no one is saying that police reform doesn't need to happen and sentencing guidelines don't need to be changed.

If there's one thing that everyone seems to agree on is that those 2 things need to change.

But wanting to protest, riot and loot, or in the NBA, shut down your league because a felon with a warrant out for his arrest, resisted arrest and tried to get to a weapon he had in his car doesn't help getting those reforms enacted.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that is an extremist position. Not what most people want.

There's enough movement with it. You asked who wants this. There's a good portion of people from that side of the fence that want this.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, police can’t control choices other people make. They can control their response. Suspects are going to resist sometimes.

Police need to get better at deescalating tense scenes. Way too often they come in with the mindset they need to “dominate and control”.

Curious what he should've done different, considering all of the actions that were taken prior to the shooting.

The guy was on a felony warrant. So is the officer suppose to say "Hey, buddy how about you just be nice and come with me?"

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And those are training issues that need to be addressed and won't be if people keep rioting and claiming it's all on the police.

The problem is, people don't want to wait for investigations to be completed.

Do you know what the officers did to try to deescalate the situation?

Also, many suspects seem calm and don't try to resist right away. They try to catch the officer by surprise. How is an officer supposed to deescalate a situation where the suspect was compliant and then suddenly starts fighting and trying to reach into his car?

If a suspect is agitated and/or showing signs that he's going to resist...officers have time to try to deescalate that. You have a crazy person waving a knife around and yelling, there's no need to walk up and shoot that person. At the very least, officers can contain them until they wear themselves out.

But the person who is compliant and then suddenly starts to resist and manages to breakaway enough to try to get into his car? What training do you expect will help with that?

You've said or at least implied that people who aren't teachers don't understand the job and/or what teachers face every day.

Well, that goes double for police officers and teachers don't have to deal with people who may kill them if given a chance (at least not in most schools).