• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly who cares if he had knife on him. I know lots if people who carry knife or some type of little protection just in case. Was he trying to attack the cops with the knife or did they just happen to see it?

No surprise that these blue lifes matter people always find a way to justify the unnecessary shooting of a man just as they did when George Floyd was murdered

Cops have a rough job and we need 'em. just need better ones out there...

it's kinda the same with surgeons and airline pilots. a "misstep" by either could cost lives. should be the same with police...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cops have a rough job and we need 'em. just need better ones out there...

it's kinda the same with surgeons and airline pilots. a "misstep" by either could cost lives. should be the same with police...

so we pay police the same then?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it is still wrong.

Was Jacob Blake a good person?

No. It would be worse if he was, but that still doesn’t make it okay.

Simply having a knife in the car is a lot different than having a knife in hand.

Did the officer see the knife? Was Blake reaching for it?

We need higher standards.

Does the officer know what weapons were in the car? No. I don't think he needed to be shot 7 times, but when you wrestle with cops, are tased, and you don't comply with cops are you surprised if actions are escalated from law enforcement's side. And last I checked, a knife is still considered a weapon, unless I'm mistaken.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly who cares if he had knife on him. I know lots if people who carry knife or some type of little protection just in case. Was he trying to attack the cops with the knife or did they just happen to see it?

No surprise that these blue lifes matter people always find a way to justify the unnecessary shooting of a man just as they did when George Floyd was murdered

There's nothing wrong with carrying a knife on you. There's also nothing wrong with carrying a firearm so long as you have the requisite documentation and concealed weapon permit based on the state you're in. It's an issue when you're not complying with instructions from law enforcement. It's also an issue where you're walking away from police and attempt to enter your vehicle where the police have no idea what weapon(s) you have in your car.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we pay police the same then?

I think cops should be paid higher, but there should be higher pre-requisites for them.

But it's laughable that there's significant portions of the population that believe in completely abolishing police altogether and going with self-policing communities.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it is still wrong.

Was Jacob Blake a good person?

No. It would be worse if he was, but that still doesn’t make it okay.

Simply having a knife in the car is a lot different than having a knife in hand.

Did the officer see the knife? Was Blake reaching for it?

We need higher standards.

This why nothing is going to change.

It's very simple. The behavior of the person being arrested determines how things will go. If the person complies with the officers orders, things don't escalate into someone getting hurt or killed.

And as for "he was just reaching into his car" or "it was just a knife". Officers have been killed with "just a knife" and officers have been killed because the suspect was "just reaching into his car for something".

Unless and until part of the discussion focuses on the behavior of the suspects when they are being arrested, things aren't going to get better.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This why nothing is going to change.

It's very simple. The behavior of the person being arrested determines how things will go. If the person complies with the officers orders, things don't escalate into someone getting hurt or killed.

And as for "he was just reaching into his car" or "it was just a knife". Officers have been killed with "just a knife" and officers have been killed because the suspect was "just reaching into his car for something".

Unless and until part of the discussion focuses on the behavior of the suspects when they are being arrested, things aren't going to get better.

This is where we are. We're literally starting to avoid simple logic based on an agenda. This isn't going to get better, only worst.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think cops should be paid higher, but there should be higher pre-requisites for them.

But it's laughable that there's significant portions of the population that believe in completely abolishing police altogether and going with self-policing communities.

Who wants that?

Some call for defunding, but that only means taking some of their budget away and reallocating elsewhere.

There may be a few people who want that, but abolishing police is an extremist position not representative of what masses want.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants that?

Some call for defunding, but that only means taking some of their budget away and reallocating elsewhere.

There may be a few people who want that, but abolishing police is an extremist position not representative of what masses want.

Ummmmm, let's see:

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey booed by protesters after refusing to defund and abolish police - CNN

Opinion | Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

After Mayor Rejects Defunding Police, Youth Activists Bring Demands To Her Neighborhood

"
“The police department is an inherently racist institution. It cannot be reformed, it must be abolished,” an activist with Pilsen Alliance said at Thursday’s march.
"

The information's there, have fun reading.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with social media as 24/7 news. The narrative gets set before all of the information gets out and then it's too late to walk it back.

With this Jacob Blake situation for example. It looked bad, really bad. And everyone started reacting against the cop.

Then we find out he had a felony warrant out for his arrest and that he resisted arrest and that he was reaching into his vehicle where they found a knife. We also find that this isn't the first time he's resisted arrest.

But the narrative that he was shot because of his skin color is already out and it's too late to change it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants that?

And NY started doing this in terms of taking away budget from certain precincts and you're started to see significant spikes in homicide rates.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with social media as 24/7 news. The narrative gets set before all of the information gets out and then it's too late to walk it back.

With this Jacob Blake situation for example. It looked bad, really bad. And everyone started reacting against the cop.

Then we find out he had a felony warrant out for his arrest and that he resisted arrest and that he was reaching into his vehicle where they found a knife. We also find that this isn't the first time he's resisted arrest.

But the narrative that he was shot because of his skin color is already out and it's too late to change it.

Exactly. But here we are, literally debating on whether the cop was in the wrong. The only part is if he should've been shot 7 times, I think this is where he screwed up. But Jacob Blake had ample opportunity to avoid this from occurring, and he chose that path.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could say social media has made this country what it is today. People will believe anything they see on social media now and it's not going to improve especially if people keep resisting arrests instead just complying with the cops. ALL lives matter and not just black lives, white lives, etc. This isn't bringing our country together, it's separating us even more. Boycotting, protesting, etc. is exactly what they don't need to be doing. Not sure if you can help when a lot of people have an agenda and they aren't going to change it..especially with social media.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say social media has made this country what it is today. People will believe anything they see on social media now and it's not going to improve especially if people keep resisting arrests instead just complying with the cops. ALL lives matter and not just black lives, white lives, etc. This isn't bringing our country together, it's separating us even more. Boycotting, protesting, etc. is exactly what they don't need to be doing. Not sure if you can help when a lot of people have an agenda and they aren't going to change it..especially with social media.

Do the work behind the scenes. You see that things aren't getting better and it's that old tired out saying where doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity. If only it was possible to eliminate all social media platforms. It has made people more miserable if anything.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But here we are, literally debating on whether the cop was in the wrong. The only part is if he should've been shot 7 times, I think this is where he screwed up. But Jacob Blake had ample opportunity to avoid this from occurring, and he chose that path.

One thing I know re: police training is that officers are taught that if they are going to pull their guns, they had better be prepared to kill someone because there is a very real possibility that could happen.

So people need to understand that if a police officer is firing his gun at you, he's not looking to wound you. He's looking to shoot you in the torso and hit you enough times to end the threat.

Is there another way to teach the use of firearms where an officer doesn't have to be willing to kill the person they are firing at? I don't know. I don't know if that's even possible.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yup, and that is why I’m saying that I won’t take anyone seriously that doesn’t have working with the police in their platform. Anything else is doomed to fail.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I know re: police training is that officers are taught that if they are going to pull their guns, they had better be prepared to kill someone because there is a very real possibility that could happen.

So people need to understand that if a police officer is firing his gun at you, he's not looking to wound you. He's looking to shoot you in the torso and hit you enough times to end the threat.

Is there another way to teach the use of firearms where an officer doesn't have to be willing to kill the person they are firing at? I don't know. I don't know if that's even possible.

A lot of that training comes from the military. We're taught to shoot two in the chest, one to the head. LAPD is taught to take two shots to the chest to stop a suspect. But I agree with your logic.