• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look man, all I said is probably not the time to joke about this given the emotions some are dealing with.

Heed my advice or not, up to you.
uh huh...and all I said was I disagree and chose not to heed. Would add you did not say "probably" in the comment to which I replied (see below). And is Lebron really "dealing with this" right now? If these comments were about the Lebron GIF it was really only poking fun at him.

"Not the time to make fun of people in the black community who are dealing with this."

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he though?

I haven't seen anything that definitively states that he was absolutely going for the knife. I have read that he acknowledged that there was a knife in the car, but I don't know if he said he was reaching for it (would be pretty dumb if he did admit that).

However, the knife was found in the vehicle in the area that he was reaching. Not sure what else he would be reaching in the vehicle for. But I do know that officers who have waited to see what the suspect was reaching for have ended up dead.

Obviously, no one is going to know exactly what happened until the investigation is complete, which is a whole other problem since people don't want to do that. But from what's out so far, the only thing that seems at all questionable as far the actions of the officer, is the number of shots fired.

But even then, officers are taught to fire until the threat is stopped, so if he was still able to keep resisting it could justify the number of shots.

The big problem with this is that even if it turns out to be 100% legit. The cop has already been tried and convicted in Twitter court and it's not like anyone is going to come back and admit they were wrong.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, we have to wait until he pulls a wea
Was he though?

I haven’t read every report. May have easily missed this.

I saw there was a knife in the car.

Was he actually reaching for it? Did not see that. He got shot pretty soon after opening the car door.

That's because you don't know what's in the suspect's car. I'm assuming if there was a gun in the car, your tune might change. Since there's wasn't, this is the stance you're taking. But as a police officer, you don't have the luxury of hindsight.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right that behavior of suspects matters in this.

However, police can’t control choices other people make. They can control their response. Suspects are going to resist sometimes.

Police need to get better at deescalating tense scenes. Way too often they come in with the mindset they need to “dominate and control”.

Well, they need to have a more diverse tool set to the job in 2020.
In general I do agree with the bolded above. But not sure we can be sure that is true in this instance.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find another way. Did he shoot them?

Call for backup. Shooting at someone who isn't shooting at you is trash. The people who should be shot are those who just murdered someone but nah they usually get burger king and some water

That isn't how they're trained. We can discuss training tactics and changes there but you can't fault the individual officer for that.

There have been several videos that have surfaced showing what can happen if you let the suspect get back to their car. That's why they always have you exit the vehicle if they know they are likely to arrest you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't how they're trained. We can discuss training tactics and changes there but you can't fault the individual officer for that.

There have been several videos that have surfaced showing what can happen if you let the suspect get back to their car. That's why they always have you exit the vehicle if they know they are likely to arrest you.

That is precisely what I am blaming.

Training techniques and the system that says this action is okay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said yesterday, Lebron was speaking from emotion. He should apologize.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't a boom de-debunk?

You can't BOOM something that's been debunked.

But I think you could probably BOOM something that has been de-debunked since that would negate the original debunking.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is precisely what I am blaming.

Training techniques and the system that says this action is okay.

They did try the taser. And is a little embarrassing some of these cops can't handle themselves better in a fight. I'd suggest more hand to hand training but then you will probably get some asshole who then sues the city for taking a roundhouse to the head.

It's easy to play Monday morning quarterback in split second situations. Philando Castille ...that was murder. George Floyd....get off the dude Jesus.
Rayshaun Brooks.. nope. That dude deserved a bullet.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's looking bad right now. Didn't come off as a leader

That's weird because it was reported kind of opposite on Cowherd.

They said that Lebron initially wanted to shut it down, but then decided to sleep on it.

Then after sleeping on it, he decided that he would go with what the majority of the players decided they wanted to do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue I have is why does it have to be a black man and white officer to spark this...there was a case settled in 2019 where a black officer killed a white man, shot him in back several times, and the white man didn't have a weapon.
Why didn't we hear about this? The fact we are making this one-sided...is what is wrong imo. We need to take all lives into consideration and cops while they have a unimaginable, difficult job have to be held accountable for their actions as well, it just comes with their line of work, also better training would help it seems.
This protesting needs to stop, it's ridiculous. BTW...that case was dismissed, the cop shot him thinking he had a weapon but the guy didn't have a weapon.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's weird because it was reported kind of opposite on Cowherd.

They said that Lebron initially wanted to shut it down, but then decided to sleep on it.

Then after sleeping on it, he decided that he would go with what the majority of the players decided they wanted to do.

Cowherd sucks lebron's dick 24/7. SAS is more neutral