• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did try the taser. And is a little embarrassing some of these cops can't handle themselves better in a fight. I'd suggest more hand to hand training but then you will probably get some asshole who then sues the city for taking a roundhouse to the head.

It's easy to play Monday morning quarterback in split second situations. Philando Castille ...that was murder. George Floyd....get off the dude Jesus.
Rayshaun Brooks.. nope. That dude deserved a bullet.

Couldn't agree more. The thing about Floyd is if you watched the footage, that's not racially driven, where this all stemmed from. Floyd was uncooperative to an extreme. However, and I don't think training comes in as all given that the officer whom ultimately killed Floyd wasn't someone green to the force. That officer deserves the murder charge that's on him.

Philando Castille was definitely murder.

Brooks - That one garnered rage for no reason. The Atlanta AG literally looks like a hypocrite as in a past case, when an officer used a taser on someone he said that it was a deadly weapon. When Brooks was able to pull the taser (after wrestling with one of the officers) he fired at and hit one of the officers that prompted him to be shot and unfortunately killed.

And with Brooks, it was simply a DUI stop (he was sleeping drunk in his car).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue I have is why does it have to be a black man and white officer to spark this...there was a case settled in 2019 where a black officer killed a white man, shot him in back several times, and the white man didn't have a weapon.
Why didn't we hear about this? The fact we are making this one-sided...is what is wrong imo. We need to take all lives into consideration and cops while they have a unimaginable, difficult job have to be held accountable for their actions as well, it just comes with their line of work, also better training would help it seems.
This protesting needs to stop, it's ridiculous. BTW...that case was dismissed, the cop shot him thinking he had a weapon but he the guy didn't have a weapon.

I did not know about the case that you're referencing, but I'm not going to rush to judgement as I do not have all of the details behind the event.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. The thing about Floyd is if you watched the footage, that's not racially driven, where this all stemmed from. Floyd was uncooperative to an extreme. However, and I don't think training comes in as all given that the officer whom ultimately killed Floyd wasn't someone green to the force. That officer deserves the murder charge that's on him.

Philando Castille was definitely murder.

Brooks - That one garnered rage for no reason. The Atlanta AG literally looks like a hypocrite as in a past case, when an officer used a taser on someone he said that it was a deadly weapon. When Brooks was able to pull the taser (after wrestling with one of the officers) he fired at and hit one of the officers that prompted him to be shot and unfortunately killed.

And with Brooks, it was simply a DUI stop (he was sleeping drunk in his car).

You aim a weapon at a cop you best be prepared to be shot. It's that simple.

The only one I've seen that I thought was on the cops that involved a weapon (well two instances) were both in Louisville where the cops didn't announce themselves and started aggressive actions and both people were responding as if it were a citizen shooting at them. In that case the cops escalated the incident needlessly and should be held accountable.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only one I've seen that I thought was

Yep i always been about this motto. Someone here in nyc shortly after Floyd got killed did that and he was rightfully shot and killed. You heard nothing about it because there is no defending aiming a weapon at a cop

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd sucks lebron's dick 24/7. SAS is more neutral

Gotta say I'm very surprised LeBron got swept up in the emotion. Would expect a more business oriented approach. Agreed it's not a good look.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say I'm very surprised LeBron got swept up in the emotion. Would expect a more business oriented approach. Agreed it's not a good look.

Yeah usually pretty calm and collected. Not going to fault him bc people make mistakes but like I said he needs to apologize to the NBA players and who was apart of that meeting. That's not how a leader acts.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did try the taser. And is a little embarrassing some of these cops can't handle themselves better in a fight. I'd suggest more hand to hand training but then you will probably get some asshole who then sues the city for taking a roundhouse to the head.

It's easy to play Monday morning quarterback in split second situations. Philando Castille ...that was murder. George Floyd....get off the dude Jesus.
Rayshaun Brooks.. nope. That dude deserved a bullet.

Oh, that will definitely happen.

But, easier to make amends after the roundhouse kick than the 7 bullets.

Disagree about Brooks, but right with you on the rest.

I am also not saying this dude should catch a murder charge. But he needs some type of consequence.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Joe Burrow is lighting up the camp LOL

FML

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah usually pretty calm and collected. Not going to fault him bc people make mistakes but like I said he needs to apologize to the NBA players and who was apart of that meeting. That's not how a leader acts.

To be fair, that dude has ton of pressure on him. He's got a ton of pressure on him just from the basketball side of trying to win a title with the Lakers. If he doesn't win at least one, he'll never be fully accepted as one of the Lakers greats and his haters will never let him live it down.

As if that wasn't enough...he is the face of the league while everyone is trying to navigate this pandemic, he's trying to lead other players in how the handle the social justice issues that are now front and center and all of the players (and probably some of the team and league leaders) are looking to him for answers and literally saying "What Lebron decides is what's going to happen".

Not trying to excuse him, being the face of the league and most powerful player in the league is something that he wanted and aimed for, so he gets the bad with the mostly good.

But I do understand that sometimes it may get to be too much and may lead him to react emotionally at times.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that dude has ton of pressure on him. He's got a ton of pressure on him just from the basketball side of trying to win a title with the Lakers. If he doesn't win at least one, he'll never be fully accepted as one of the Lakers greats and his haters will never let him live it down.

As if that wasn't enough...he is the face of the league while everyone is trying to navigate this pandemic, he's trying to lead other players in how the handle the social justice issues that are now front and center and all of the players (and probably some of the team and league leaders) are looking to him for answers and literally saying "What Lebron decides is what's going to happen".

Not trying to excuse him, being the face of the league and most powerful player in the league is something that he wanted and aimed for, so he gets the bad with the mostly good.

But I do understand that sometimes it may get to be too much and may lead him to react emotionally at times.

No doubt about it. That video I posted from Colin Cowherd...he is exactly on point. Lebron is the most powerful athlete ever. He has a ton of pressure on him and not many can deal with that. One little mistake and he gets scrutinized and that's how his NBA career has been as well. He can deal with it though, so props to him for being a leader but I think we all can agree he could have handled the situation better. Nobody is perfect though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only one I've seen that I thought was on the cops that involved a weapon (well two instances) were both in Louisville where the cops didn't announce themselves and started aggressive actions and both people were responding as if it were a citizen shooting at them. In that case the cops escalated the incident needlessly and should be held accountable.

Are we talking about the Breonna Taylor situation? If so, a no-knock doesn't require police introducing themselves. I'm not sure of other incidents out in Kentucky.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about the Breonna Taylor situation? If so, a no-knock doesn't require police introducing themselves. I'm not sure of other incidents out in Kentucky.

David Macatee

Restaurant owner where the cops started firing tear gas into his restaurant for absolutely no reason. He pulled his gun out and got shot on his own property

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the Breonna Taylor case is a tragic accident. From what I've read there really isn't anything to punish the officers who served the warrant for.

They were serving a no knock warrant and were fired upon when they entered. There was no way for them to know they were in the wrong house.

What does need to be investigated though is where that info came from and how it was vetted. There could be some consequences for folks there.

Also there may need to be a conversation about whether or not no knock warrants should be used.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why they didn't play today. Kind of missed an opportunity to capitalize on the event

In today's society 48 hours is a long time