• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said it was too late to change the plan.

All I ever said was that I didn’t like the plan they came up with because, to summarize:

1) They picked a city likely to be a Covid hotspot
2) It is not a true bubble. People will come and go from it.

and I was under the impression at the time it would be a true bubble and still think they will come to their senses. Idea then and now that they would have all those precautions for players but let others come and go seems absurd. And if they do that, it is absurd.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is "healthy". Or rather, he feels healthy. Like every other NBA player who got it, he doesn't feel anything.

But obviously he does have to wait until the virus is gone.

Why do you insist on posting this every time?

We get it. Players are going to test positive. It is probable that all will have minor symptoms, if any.

Doesn’t change facts.

Too many positive tests, especially once play in the bubble has started, could alter the outcome or even totally scuttle the resumption.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably why I apologized and said you focused on players AND staff (MOSTLY STAFF).

I posted this before reading your reply. Took me awhile to read through old quotes and pick the one most applicable and most concise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all along that MLB is missing a big opportunity.

The increased popularity of the NBA over the past 40 years or so, has hurt MLB more than any other sport.

With whole country looking for any distraction they could find, if MLB had been the first sport back, they could have really helped their own popularity.

Instead, we had millionaires fighting billionaires over money that comes from thousandaires, many of whom had lost their jobs and have been hurting for money.
Seems like they will have a season (Covid willing). Did they do away with the plan to have 3 ten team divisions (didn't get a mention in the articles I read).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We get it. Players are going to test positive. It is probable that all will have minor symptoms, if any.

Doesn’t change facts.

Too many positive tests, especially once play in the bubble has started, could alter the outcome or even totally scuttle the resumption.
alter the outcome? sure. Maybe even totally scuttle it.

No what would absolutely alter the outcome or totally scuttle the season? Not even trying to finish.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this before reading your reply. Took me awhile to read through old quotes and pick the one most applicable and most concise.
Hope you saw there were also a number of quotes where you did express concerns about the players....but no question you cared more about the workers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you saw there were also a number of quotes where you did express concerns about the players....but no question you cared more about the workers.

Yes I was concerned about that too.

I am still not sure how the league will monitor players to make sure they aren’t leaving, but their policy allayed my fears on that front a bit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, even if they don't have full seasons in the other sports as you said they seem like they will work together to have a season. NBA already did and at least seems to have a plan in place that was agreed on. MLB cannot even come up with a plan they can agree on (owners and players).

And when it comes to dangers of Covid would seem like MLB would be less dangerous than bball or football.

That's my thought. Baseball has social distancing built into the sport ffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I was concerned about that too.

I am still not sure how the league will monitor players to make sure they aren’t leaving, but their policy allayed my fears on that front a bit.
I still cannot believe they are going to have all these precautions for the players but conceivably some 20-year-old kid/worker could put the kibosh on everything if he leaves, goes to a gathering of some sort and brings the virus back into the bubble?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like they will have a season (Covid willing). Did they do away with the plan to have 3 ten team divisions (didn't get a mention in the articles I read).

Not sure. I haven't seen anything re: that. But I've been more focused on trying to follow the return of the NBA, NFL and CFB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my thought. Baseball has social distancing built into the sport ffs.
and would be easy to keep all the coaches away from the players. They can either be in the empty stands when at bat or base coaches are away from the players regardless.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. I haven't seen anything re: that. But I've been more focused on trying to follow the return of the NBA, NFL and CFB.
Have said all along selfishly I would take the end of baseball and NBA this year to guarantee CFB/NFL is played.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I was under the impression at the time it would be a true bubble and still think they will come to their senses. Idea then and now that they would have all those precautions for players but let others come and go seems absurd. And if they do that, it is absurd.

I wonder if the NBA has applications available for some of these jobs.

I used to work as a chef. I'd be more than happy to keep myself right there in that bubble the whole time...

especially if meant I could watch the games live.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn’t change facts.

I guess I just want to push back on some of the talk where it's some tragedy if these guys get it. The only problem with lots of positives in the bubble is that it will ruin the games themselves, with lots of players not playing here and there. That really will make the actual outcome sort of asterisky, as if tons of guys were hurt (like 2015 Cavs).

But I am not worried about the health of any non-compromised player in there (people with asthma like JaVale and others excepted of course)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to work as a chef. I'd be more than happy to keep myself right there in that bubble the whole time...

I'm sure it would not be hard to find enough workers who would agree to stay in the bubble. Especially if allowed to watch the games (distanced as work allowed, of course) and paid them enough to make it worth their while.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cannot believe they are going to have all these precautions for the players but conceivably some 20-year-old kid/worker could put the kibosh on everything if he leaves, goes to a gathering of some sort and brings the virus back into the bubble?

I am glad you finally see why I was concerned.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can watch them live.

On ESPN, ABC and TNT.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just want to push back on some of the talk where it's some tragedy if these guys get it. The only problem with lots of positives in the bubble is that it will ruin the games themselves, with lots of players not playing here and there. That really will make the actual outcome sort of asterisky, as if tons of guys were hurt (like 2015 Cavs).

But I am not worried about the health of any non-compromised player in there (people with asthma like JaVale and others excepted of course)

Probably won’t be any tragedies with NBA players dying from it. NFL though, my guess would be more likely just because there are more players, seems like their protocols probably won’t be as tight and some of the gargantuan human beings in that sport aren’t as fit as NBA players.

Even still, outcomes being impacted because players have to sit out will be really unfortunate. Hopefully that can be avoided, but I would think more likely than not that some player will test positive inside the bubble at some point.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is "healthy". Or rather, he feels healthy. Like every other NBA player who got it, he doesn't feel anything.

But obviously he does have to wait until the virus is gone.
Why did you feel the need to even state this?

It's all semantics.

You can have HIV and feel healthy.

BUT, you still have HIV.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all really stupid.

I'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers to stay within the bubble.

Shit, they could do like my Hospital did. They rotated us on a 3 week basis.

If you are a single parent, have medical issues or shit if you just don't want to, fine.

Opt -out.

But, don't expect to get a check.

We all have to make compromises to get past this shit.

Ps. Dibs on Kawhi's hairbraiding job.