• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. That is exactly what is going to happen and has been my main issue with the plan from the start. Glad you are finally catching on.

There are literally hundreds of staff that will be catering/serving the players. Those people have families and the NBA has not expressed any intention of putting these people up inside the bubble. They could, and probably should pay the extra money to make that happen. But that is not the reality of the plan.

So like I have said from the very beginning, it absolutely matters where they put the bubble because there will be hundreds of people going in and out of it every single day.

If all staff were actually kept from leaving the bubble too, then it really wouldn’t matter. But again, that is not how it will work.
without Doc Brown's Delorean you do not know what ends up being the final plan. You think you do, I realize, but you don't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players should a lot more willingness to be flexible though. A compromise of 65 is a hell of a lot closer to what the owners wanted than what the players wanted. And they wouldn’t even do that.
Other than your preconceived agenda, why are you so sure it was only the owners who wouldn't do it at 65?

You are only looking at games played as far as flexibility. Owners were flexible in % of salary paid, which is the area the players were inflexible.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without Doc Brown's Delorean you do not know what ends up being the final plan. You think you do, I realize, but you don't.

For real?

So you are going to argue with me literally for weeks about this topic because I said I have a problem with the NBA’s plan.

And now, the reason you don’t have a problem with it is because you are assuming the NBA will change it?

If they do change it to make an ACTUAL bubble for everyone, then I won’t have issue with the plan. That isn’t like the snitch line though. This is a major point and one that would cost the NBA a lot of money and make staffing more difficult.

In fact, I was the first person here to post about the bubble idea back when it looked like the season was a lost cause. I even started a thread suggesting it. But a very key piece to my proposal was that hotel staff and anyone else coming in contact with players would stay in the bubble too.

That is not happening based on the current plan.

And the thing is, you aren’t even arguing my point anymore because you know I was right all along. It absolutely matters where the bubble is located if they let staffers (or anyone for that matter) come and go.

Now is where you admit you were wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than your preconceived agenda, why are you so sure it was only the owners who wouldn't do it at 65?

You are only looking at games played as far as flexibility. Owners were flexible in % of salary paid, which is the area the players were inflexible.

Because I listened to the reports that said exactly that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching all Eyez on me.

I'm keeping an eye on my neighbors propane tank. He just got it filled. As soon as he leaves I'm jumping the fence & switching it for my empty tank.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs!

Can anyone guess what I'm cooking in my smoker today?
Meat?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. Opting for a more healthier option. I molded tofu into the shape of ribs and seasoned them. Hope they're good.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real?

So you are going to argue with me literally for weeks about this topic because I said I have a problem with the NBA’s plan.

And now, the reason you don’t have a problem with it is because you are assuming the NBA will change it?

If they do change it to make an ACTUAL bubble for everyone, then I won’t have issue with the plan. That isn’t like the snitch line though. This is a major point and one that would cost the NBA a lot of money and make staffing more difficult.

In fact, I was the first person here to post about the bubble idea back when it looked like the season was a lost cause. I even started a thread suggesting it. But a very key piece to my proposal was that hotel staff and anyone else coming in contact with players would stay in the bubble too.

That is not happening based on the current plan.

And the thing is, you aren’t even arguing my point anymore because you know I was right all along. It absolutely matters where the bubble is located if they let staffers (or anyone for that matter) come and go.

Now is where you admit you were wrong.
Only read first few sentences. I argued because I believed they would be smart enough not to let the workers come in and out, and in the end still think that will be the plan.

also disagreed with you the players would want to leave (you said they would) and the Disney complex would be a bad place if they did (this was your biggest issue which I guess you are ignoring). I said they'd make the bubble an area the players would not need to leave, as opposed to having less to do in a small town and wanting to get out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only read first few sentences. I argued because I believed they would be smart enough not to let the workers come in and out, and in the end still think that will be the plan.

"I argued"

You're kidding!?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also disagreed with you the players would want to leave (you said they would) and the Disney complex would be a bad place if they did (this was your biggest issue which I guess you are ignoring). I said they'd make the bubble an area the players would not need to leave, as opposed to having less to do in a small town and wanting to get out.

Now you are saying you only argued because you assumed the NBA would change the part of the plan I was most concerned with?

Remember the whole food conversation? That was about people serving the players being allowed to leave the bubble.

You are just making shit up man. You are way too much.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal MLB did not find a way to get back on the field well before the NBA (on the court). Or at least have a plan to get back on.

I've said all along that MLB is missing a big opportunity.

The increased popularity of the NBA over the past 40 years or so, has hurt MLB more than any other sport.

With whole country looking for any distraction they could find, if MLB had been the first sport back, they could have really helped their own popularity.

Instead, we had millionaires fighting billionaires over money that comes from thousandaires, many of whom had lost their jobs and have been hurting for money.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both deserve blame for the mess as a whole.

The owners deserve the blame for why the season is so short. Some owners reportedly didn’t want to play at all. Which defeats the purpose of owning a team.

Yeah, I heard there were something like 8 owners who said they would lose less money canceling the season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I understand it correctly, the owners were flexible on % of salary, but not on games played unless the players took a bigger cut in salary.

The players were flexible about games played, but not salary. They wanted their full salary prorated for number of games.

In the end, both were self serving and trying to get the most for themselves.

Under normal circumstances, that's annoying, but is ultimately okay because it's part of normal negotiating.

But these are far from normal circumstances and neither side seemed willing to consider that which really makes them look bad.

Add to that the fact that the NBA has worked very hard, literally since the day they suspended play to figure out a safe way to resume the season...

The NFL has said pretty much all along that they intend to have their full season, fans in the stands or not...

It's looking like college football is going to try have their full season or at least play their conference schedules...

And baseball is looking really bad by comparison right about now.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do realize this was said....but I also realize they are not idiots and this could and probably will change.

They are going to go through all the precautions but let some kid making their food or cleaning their rooms leave and hang out in crowds so he/she could come back and infect the players?

Honestly, I also assumed that if we were smart enough to see this as a potential hurdle, Disney and the NBA would too.

But, the deal is being finalized today and it didn't change.

Or, at least it hasn't been reported.

Players got the insurance. But, looks like non-NBA staff is still free to come and go.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need to think back to the problems where China got upset with the rockets GM, Lebron took a stand on that and it absolutely was about money. He is a huge hypocrite and can’t be taken seriously on much. Just my opinion.

Wasn't that about Hong Kong? That's a whole different situation than the poor and downtrodden. That's about a power play to recover rule over a very profitable territory.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. That is exactly what is going to happen and has been my main issue with the plan from the start. Glad you are finally catching on.

There are literally hundreds of staff that will be catering/serving the players. Those people have families and the NBA has not expressed any intention of putting these people up inside the bubble. They could, and probably should pay the extra money to make that happen. But that is not the reality of the plan.

So like I have said from the very beginning, it absolutely matters where they put the bubble because there will be hundreds of people going in and out of it every single day.

If all staff were actually kept from leaving the bubble too, then it really wouldn’t matter. But again, that is not how it will work.
You were right.