• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that about Hong Kong? That's a whole different situation than the poor and downtrodden. That's about a power play to recover rule over a very profitable territory.

It's the same, maybe worse.

Freedom of speech here could cost you a few bucks in endorsement money.

Freedom of speech there gets you executed.

Don't get me started on the one child rule, infanticide and sex selected abortions to avoid being penalized for having more than the allowed number of heirs.

LeBron doesn't have to speak up for China.

But, the moment he decided to speak against Morey he became a Fucking hypocrite.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are saying you only argued because you assumed the NBA would change the part of the plan I was most concerned with?

Remember the whole food conversation? That was about people serving the players being allowed to leave the bubble.

You are just making shit up man. You are way too much.
You were most concerned about the players leaving. and it seems they have convinced you this will not be an issue.

I guess this makes you the pot?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all along that MLB is missing a big opportunity.

The increased popularity of the NBA over the past 40 years or so, has hurt MLB more than any other sport.

With whole country looking for any distraction they could find, if MLB had been the first sport back, they could have really helped their own popularity.

Instead, we had millionaires fighting billionaires over money that comes from thousandaires, many of whom had lost their jobs and have been hurting for money.
Yep...assuming no issues with Covid they could have got going early July and had 3-4 weeks all to themselves.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand it correctly, the owners were flexible on % of salary, but not on games played unless the players took a bigger cut in salary.

The players were flexible about games played, but not salary. They wanted their full salary prorated for number of games.

In the end, both were self serving and trying to get the most for themselves.

Under normal circumstances, that's annoying, but is ultimately okay because it's part of normal negotiating.

But these are far from normal circumstances and neither side seemed willing to consider that which really makes them look bad.

Add to that the fact that the NBA has worked very hard, literally since the day they suspended play to figure out a safe way to resume the season...

The NFL has said pretty much all along that they intend to have their full season, fans in the stands or not...

It's looking like college football is going to try have their full season or at least play their conference schedules...

And baseball is looking really bad by comparison right about now.
I mean, even if they don't have full seasons in the other sports as you said they seem like they will work together to have a season. NBA already did and at least seems to have a plan in place that was agreed on. MLB cannot even come up with a plan they can agree on (owners and players).

And when it comes to dangers of Covid would seem like MLB would be less dangerous than bball or football.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I also assumed that if we were smart enough to see this as a potential hurdle, Disney and the NBA would too.

But, the deal is being finalized today and it didn't change.

Or, at least it hasn't been reported.

Players got the insurance. But, looks like non-NBA staff is still free to come and go.

don't see anything there about the workers they hire still being allowed to come and go. But IF that is still the case (and I guess would think it is until we see otherwise) I agree that is a big issue in a place like Orlando. Kind of figured if they locked down the players they'd do the same for the other workers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were right.
In a sense, maybe, but he also had a big concern about the players leaving and Orlando being a place they'd want to get out and "explore". seems keeping the players in the bubble is not an issue.

Hard to believe they cannot find workers who will agree to remain in the bubble. Obviously they'd need to be paid enough to make it worth their trouble. They wouldn't all have to agree to stay the entire time as when players who lost left the bubble they would need less workers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were most concerned about the players leaving. and it seems they have convinced you this will not be an issue.

I guess this makes you the pot?

LOL.

Not true at all. That was what you chose to fixate on. Not my main concern.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Not true at all. That was what you chose to fixate on. Not my main concern.
My apologies as looking at a couple older posts does seem you had concerns about players AND support staff (more about support staff). They figured out how to make sure the players stay. You really think it's too late for them to come to their senses on keeping the workers in the bubble?

If they don't, agree that could be trouble.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that many people, hotel support staff, etc will be inside that bubble too.

Are they being tested regularly?

@dtgold88

I can find more quotes like this one from 6/8 if you want.

My main point was absolutely not about players leaving the bubble. And if that was what you thought my point was then you weren’t reading my posts closely enough.

I did have a few replies to you about players leaving, because that was the angle you chose to hyper focus on. Was not my “main point” at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies as looking at a couple older posts does seem you had concerns about players AND support staff (more about support staff). They figured out how to make sure the players stay. You really think it's too late for them to come to their senses on keeping the workers in the bubble?

If they don't, agree that could be trouble.

I never once said it was too late to change the plan.

All I ever said was that I didn’t like the plan they came up with because, to summarize:

1) They picked a city likely to be a Covid hotspot
2) It is not a true bubble. People will come and go from it.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It begins....

Well, he has time to get healthy.

Won't be the last.

He is "healthy". Or rather, he feels healthy. Like every other NBA player who got it, he doesn't feel anything.

But obviously he does have to wait until the virus is gone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

I can find more quotes like this one from 6/8 if you want.

My main point was absolutely not about players leaving the bubble. And if that was what you thought my point was then you weren’t reading my posts closely enough.

I did have a few replies to you about players leaving, because that was the angle you chose to hyper focus on. Was not my “main point” at all.
Probably why I apologized and said you focused on players AND staff (MOSTLY STAFF).