• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm asking the time frame it went from none to hundreds, when there are only 800 total deaths in this range. Sure you aren't thinking about CASES in young people, as I have seen a number of reports about young people contracting Covid more now?

As Covid-19 cases rise among younger adults, expect a lower death rate for now, says former CDC director - CNN

Look man, I get the risk is low for young healthy people. But it is risk.

I think it Mike Golic talking about college football yesterday who said this. If 1 young athlete dies from this virus because they returned to play in unsafe conditions, that is too many.

Obviously the NBA is taking precautions that football can’t. But there are very valid reasons to be concerned about restarting the NBA and other sports.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is bad.

I guess it depends on criteria.

It isn’t ordered by how good the players are, but perhaps by what they gave to the franchise who drafted them?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deaths tend to lag behind rises in case numbers, for obvious reasons.

If the death numbers are still low this time next month, then we can talk.
Indeed but we don't have to wait a month. 2-3 weeks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed but we don't have to wait a month. 2-3 weeks.

Spike in cases will lead to a spike in deaths in a couple weeks.

The current low death number is related to the drop in cases from when we were shut down everywhere. Where there are a lot of cases, death numbers will surely follow.

I am not saying we have to be completely shut down everywhere. I don’t think that is the case. But there are a few areas in this country where they have not been as careful with reopening as they should be, and the cases are in the rise in those parts again. And it was avoidable.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs!

Can anyone guess what I'm cooking in my smoker today?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs! ribs!

Tofu? :noidea:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vegan tofu?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Dan Patrick just reported that the Knicks are considering hiring Jason Kidd as their head coach because they apparently think that will get them Giannis.

So, no top level FA's will even give them a meeting. When they thought they were getting KD and Kyrie, KD says they weren't even a consideration...

but hiring Jason Kidd is gonna land them Giannis...:L

Knicks gonna Knicks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Dan Patrick just reported that the Knicks are considering hiring Jason Kidd as their head coach because they apparently think that will get them Giannis.

So, no top level FA's will even give them a meeting. When they thought they were getting KD and Kyrie, KD says they weren't even a consideration...

Knicks gonna Knicks.

If Giannis had to rank all 30 teams in the league for his preferred 2021 destination right now, Milwaukee would be #1 (even if it really isn’t) and I think it more likely that the Knicks would be #30 than in the top 10.

James Dolan’s recent failings on social justice have not helped matters.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knicks gonna Knicks.

Can't they just hire the the ringmaster from Barnum & Bailey since the Brickabockers are a circus?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on criteria.

It isn’t ordered by how good the players are, but perhaps by what they gave to the franchise who drafted them?

If that's the case, AD shouldn't be #2. I believe they're just going off of talent/ability.

My list would be:

1) Lebron
2) Anthony Davis
3) Derrick Rose
4) Yao Ming
5) Dwight Howard
6) Blake Griffin
7) Kyrie Irving
8) KAT
9) Wall
10) Simmons

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, AD shouldn't be #2. I believe they're just going off of talent/ability.

My list would be:

1) Lebron
2) Anthony Davis
3) Derrick Rose
4) Yao Ming
5) Dwight Howard
6) Blake Griffin
7) Kyrie Irving
8) KAT
9) Wall
10) Simmons

I'd have the same except

3. Dwight
4. Rose
5. Yao

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have the same except

3. Dwight
4. Rose
5. Yao

I give Rose the edge because he was an MVP and an MVP caliber player until his injury. But yeah, Dwight is underrated a lot. I like Yao better, but it's probably my own bias/personal preference. I think if it hadn't been for Yao's injury history he would have been dominant for years. His offensive game was so well rounded.

Question: What do Derrick Rose and Yao Ming have in common?

Answer: Both were run into the ground by Tom Thibodeau.

T'Mac said on all the smoke podcast that he would see Yao working out all the time and Thibs just pushing him and running him ragged.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only three? Joey Chestnut would call you a pussy.

View attachment 245512

Okay I'm gonna puke. Sorry for posting that.
So would Fink and The Stomach.

th

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Rose the edge because he was an MVP and an MVP caliber player until his injury. But yeah, Dwight is underrated a lot. I like Yao better, but it's probably my own bias/personal preference. I think if it hadn't been for Yao's injury history he would have been dominant for years. His offensive game was so well rounded.

Question: What do Derrick Rose and Yao Ming have in common?

Answer: Both were run into the ground by Tom Thibodeau.

T'Mac said on all the smoke podcast that he would see Yao working out all the time and Thibs just pushing him and running him ragged.

Yeah, I think Dwight gets underrated because after the way things went with the Lakers and then Rockets, he more or less disappeared into anonymity.

He still put up numbers for a couple of seasons, but in relative obscurity because his teams were bad and a lot fans were kind of done with him.