• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it does.

You're in here presenting doomsday scenarios and acting like you're somehow coming up with things that the NBA hasn't thought of like...how will they get food?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm sure the NBA won't be providing meals of any kind for the players. Thus, they'll be forced to go out into the city or risk starvation.

Yeah, I mean, it's not like it's a big complex with means of entertainment etc. besides just sitting in a hotel room.

These 2 got cut off.

apparently I am not good at copying text.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd appreciate if you would both slow down. I'm old and can't keep up with you young 'uns and yer speed typing.

I'm even slower at texting, drives the wife and daughters crazy.
My bad.

tenor.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 2 got cut off.

apparently I am not good at copying text.

Not getting back in the middle of this.

I thought we had moved on.

Just wanted to say that you should watch Cowherd's NBA segment today.

I forgot who the guy he was speaking to is, I blocked it out after he picked the Lakers to win the Chip.

But, I almost choked when he said something to the effect of....

" The players are against the restrictions because the people serving their food gets to go home, the maids get to go home".....lmfao

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I forgot who the guy be was speaking to is, I blocked it out after he picked the Lakers to in the Chip.

" The players are against the restrictions because the people serving their food gets to go home, the maids get to go home".....lmfao

So they should never play road games eh

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I forgot who the guy he was speaking to is, I blocked it out after he picked the Lakers to win the Chip.

Which was my part of point to begin with.

Honestly I didn’t know for sure whether that was the case. But intuitively, if you have 22 teams with about 30 people each, that will require a ton of support staff to feed them etc.

And if they aren’t kept in the bubble too, it is a bad plan. Players will get exposed at some point.

If everyone is kept in the bubble, how are they monitored? A lot of issues here.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which was my part of point to begin with.

Honestly I didn’t know for sure whether that was the case. But intuitively, if you have 22 teams with about 30 people each, that will require a ton of support staff to feed them etc.

And if they aren’t kept in the bubble too, it is a bad plan. Players will get exposed at some point.

If everyone is kept in the bubble, how are they monitored? A lot of issues here.
Dude, the negotiations are becoming a shitshow.

I'm going for a bike ride with the kiddos.

Again: I am going to be EPICALLY disappointed if the Season is derailed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd appreciate if you would both slow down. I'm old and can't keep up with you young 'uns and yer speed typing.

I'm even slower at texting, drives the wife and daughters crazy.

WTF the fuck is texting? Damn millennials. I still have a flip phone. My in-laws are in their 80's and text. And it's not funny that they make fun of my phone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12, This was my post that started a lot of this. The point I was trying to make from the start was pretty clearly hypothetical. Yet, you instead continue to come back to my next shorter post responding to @dtgold88 saying this:

Which is pretty clearly rhetorical. The point of these questions is that in addition to the roughly 30 people each team is bringing, there needs to be additional support staff. And the question about confinement is pretty clearly rhetorical also.

My thinking there is that players will balk if the rules confining their movement are too strict, and I believe Silver probably will balk at relaxing them too much because then safety becomes an issue.

Now that @Mecca has posted that hotel staff WILL NOT be kept inside the bubble and be allowed to come and go in a community with a currently increasing infection rate, it should be plain as day why this plan concerned me and why I was worried about how often players are exposed to support staff (seems inevitable).

But, you chose to reply with a string of sarcastic responses, even after I said multiple times that you were taking my comments out of context. And yeah, perhaps I got buried in the string of antagonistic replies and didn’t make my position clear enough while on the defensive.

But doesn’t change facts that it took a mere 4 days for my posts to be vindicated. I said it was a flawed plan. And now that there is a very real threat to NBA return, you should be a bit more contrite.

Not changing my stance. Neither are you. Move on.

Reactions: GNG

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF the fuck is texting? Damn millennials. I still have a flip phone. My in-laws are in their 80's and text. And it's not funny that they make fun of my phone.

I miss my flip phone.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making this a race thing is sooooo dumb

Agree.

I'd also add that sports can be a very unifying thing in this country. In many ways, it's the most unifying thing we have.

I don't care if you're conservative, liberal, moderate, black, white, brown gay, straight, male, female...if you pull for the same team, the only colors you see are your teams colors.

We could use a bit of that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it wasn't for the fact that I have a ton of music on my phone and that I use Facebook to see what's going on with my daughter in Florida, I'd have already switched back.

I rarely use most of the other features. In fact, there are some that I've never used. lol