• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Kyrie. First he thinks the world is flat, now he wants to shutdown the NBA season. He thinks he is so smart...but it's the exact opposite. Dumb as a sack of rocks.

"Kyrie Irving, a Vice President of the NBPA, is leading a charge of half the league to just ask some questions about the nba’s plans. What was he doing during the meetings where these things were decided which he was a part of?"

He was thinking about how he could fall off the side of the earth.
Who appointed him to the NBPA?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like only the team reps were included in the vote instead of the entire membership. That means a lot voices not being heard at the table.

You don't think the teams discussed this among themselves before the reps voted?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think the teams discussed this among themselves before the reps voted?

Did I say they didn’t discuss it?

Discussing it, and everyone agreeing are 2 different things. Also quite possible that not all the rank and file players knew all the details, or at least weren’t given time to digest them.

Maybe you shouldn’t have been so condescending the other day.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Discussing it, and everyone agreeing are 2 different things. Also quite possible that not all the rank and file players knew all the details, or at least weren’t given time to digest them.

You're never going to get that many people to agree unanimously

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're never going to get that many people to agree unanimously

Of course not.

but logic follows, the more people/teams you bring in, especially teams with no realistic chance to win, the more players won’t be on board.

If it was just team reps voting yes or no, based on majority in their locker room, it is not hard to imagine how a couple dissenters like Kyrie could kill the plans after the vote.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not.

but logic follows, the more people/teams you bring in, especially teams with no realistic chance to win, the more players won’t be on board.

If it was just team reps voting yes or no, based on majority in their locker room, it is not hard to imagine how a couple dissenters like Kyrie could kill the plans after the vote.

He's the union VP!!!!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe most of the players don't want to play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, not buying it and what I was condescending about and will continue to be wasn't what is going on now and you know it. It was about your doomsday scenarios because you didn't agree with the venue and didn't think the NBA could get food.

So nice try.

And yes, you kind of did say that:

Sounds like only the team reps were included in the vote instead of the entire membership. That means a lot voices not being heard at the table.

It's not going to be a vote of everyone. It's likely that team reps spoke to their teammates, there was a consensus reached and that was how the rep voted. So they were heard.

All teams may not have been unanimous, but I doubt any rep voted against what the majority of his teammates wanted.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the union VP!!!!

I am no Kyrie fan. I have been his harshest critic on here pretty much forever.

He is an incredibly selfish man IMO. He may have polled his locker room, taken the team vote and reported back. Then got to work on submarining it once it passed.

Either that or he changed his mind after the vote.

Either way, little that Kyrie does surprises me at this point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not buying it and what I was condescending about and will continue to be wasn't what is going on now and you know it. It was about your doomsday scenarios because you didn't agree with the venue and didn't think the NBA could get food.

So nice try.

Dude. I was spitballing hypotheticals about how the season might not complete in response to @msgkings322. You missed the point and chose instead to attack your interpretation of the specifics of my hypothetical.

It was NEVER about food. It was about logistics of confining hundreds of people in a bubble within a city with a potentially rising Covid rate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. I was spitballing hypotheticals about how the season might not complete in response to @msgkings322. You missed the point and chose instead to attack your interpretation of the specifics of my hypothetical.

Yeah, not buying the backpedaling. You never said any of it was hypothetical until you started getting called out for it and I wasn't the only one calling you out nor was I the only one you accused of being "condescending".

If I wish I didn't day something, it's starting to be wishing I hadn't stuck up for you when dt called you extreme.

It was NEVER about food. It was about logistics of confining hundreds of people in a bubble within a city with a potentially rising Covid rate.

"How will they get food?" - tlance

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we aren't privy to all discussions.

But, I hope you are correct and they didn't just discuss it with the elite players.

I don't even blame the owners, Silver nor the players.

I blame the players union.

Isn't this part of their job?

They aren't just responsible for the 1%ers.

They are supposed to take care of everyone on down to the 10 day contracts as well.
why should anyone be blamed?
If they went right to playoffs with the 16 current playoff teams there would be complaints by some
If they invited 22 teams there would be complaints by some
If they invited all teams there would be complaints by some
If they invited less than the 16 teams there would be complaints by some
If they cancelled the season there would be complaints by some

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.....and guess what?

Our hypothetical just reared its ugly head....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why should anyone be blamed?
If they went right to playoffs with the 16 current playoff teams there would be complaints by some
If they invited 22 teams there would be complaints by some
If they invited all teams there would be complaints by some
If they invited less than the 16 teams there would be complaints by some
If they cancelled the season there would be complaints by some
Did you actually read what I wrote?

The NBPA absolutely deserves blame if either of these 2 occurred:

1. They only consulted the top players, approved a plan without knowing if the others were onboard.

2. They knew there were a significant amount of desenters, let the proposal go public anyway.

Unions represent the best interests of the many, not the few megastars.

2/3 of the top 40 players refusing to play under the proposal is not a few complaints by some.