• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true...but they probably cared more about what the actual teams/players thought over random fans. and while some are opposed, there are probably many who fought to be there.
Some did it publicly.

Dame was on all the morning shows to trying to make this happen.

Threatened to not play if he didn't have a legit shot at the post season.

Took some flack from fans who misunderstood his stance.

So, after he gets what he wants and the deal is announced, this sleeper cell decides to be anarchist?

Why didn't they say they were against this then?

Did teams not discuss it internally?

Did GM'S just go rogue and do what's best for the bottom line?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the NBPA not know about this dissent?

This looks so bad to do this now.

They should have worked this kink out before making the deal public.

Sounds like only the team reps were included in the vote instead of the entire membership. That means a lot voices not being heard at the table.

Even if the reps vote was nearly unanimous, that doesn’t mean the individual members were anything close to that. Seems like they rushed this announcement without taking the time needed to smooth out all the details.

Now I didn’t envision this being the hiccup that could pause restart, but I was mocked for saying there are a lot of ways the 2020 season could end up getting canceled prior to completion. Add this to the list.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing they did. They were going to get complaints no matter which option they went with. Can't please everyone.
I know we aren't privy to all discussions.

But, I hope you are correct and they didn't just discuss it with the elite players.

I don't even blame the owners, Silver nor the players.

I blame the players union.

Isn't this part of their job?

They aren't just responsible for the 1%ers.

They are supposed to take care of everyone on down to the 10 day contracts as well.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like only the team reps were included in the vote instead of the entire membership. That means a lot voices not being heard at the table.

Even if the reps vote was nearly unanimous, that doesn’t mean the individual members were anything close to that. Seems like they rushed this announcement without taking the time needed to smooth out all the details.

Now I didn’t envision this being the hiccup that could pause restart, but I was mocked for saying there are a lot of ways the 2020 season could end up getting canceled prior to completion. Add this to the list.
Hey, you hit the nail on the head when you said players would rebel on the isolation.

That is clearly a point of contention.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we aren't privy to all discussions.

But, I hope you are correct and they didn't just discuss it with the elite players.

I don't even blame the owners, Silver nor the players.

I blame the players union.

Isn't this part of their job?

They aren't just responsible for the 1%ers.

They are supposed to take care of everyone on down to the 10 day contracts as well.
Unions are a problem with police and teachers just to name two. How many bad cops have kept their jobs despite numerous complaints? The union protects them.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unions are a problem with police and teachers just to name two. How many bad cops have kept their jobs despite numerous complaints? The union protects them.
You are 100% correct.

I had to testify a few times for IA interviews when I worked for the Sheriff's Department.

Our Rep always told us if they didn't ask the question the exact way it happened, you answer no with zero elaboration.

The accusations could be true. But, if they got the verbage wrong, exact time, wrong color of your fricking underwear, you answer no.

With that being said...

For every bad cop or teacher, there are 1000 that do their jobs with honor.

It makes me sad to see a few bad apples Fuck it up for the masses.

Being a cop is the new Muslim.

They all look alike.

They are all guilty by association.

Fuck that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you hit the nail on the head when you said players would rebel on the isolation.

That is clearly a point of contention.

It is a catch 22.

In order to keep the players safe, the league essentially has to hold them prisoner inside the bubble.

The players want more freedom of movement which will mean much greater risk of catching and spreading the virus.

The answer, IMO, is a smaller bubble with fewer teams. Maybe even just 4 per conference. Then at least all the teams on location will view themselves as legit contenders. That way you simultaneously reduce the time inside significantly, and you also increase buy in from the players inside.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a catch 22.

In order to keep the players safe, the league essentially has to hold them prisoner inside the bubble.

The players want more freedom of movement which will mean much greater risk of catching and spreading the virus.

The answer, IMO, is a smaller bubble with fewer teams. Maybe even just 4 per conference. Then at least all the teams on location will view themselves as legit contenders. That way you simultaneously reduce the time inside significantly, and you also increase buy in from the players inside.
Agree.

I watched a report by, I believe, Rich Buecher that said 14 of the 22 teams were staying in the same Hotel.

What in the ENTIRE fuck....lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp....

So much for it only being the bottom feeders.

Ps. Lol @ Kyrie leading anything.

@handicappers thread doesn't look so farfetched after all.

@tlance was right, these guys are not going to go along with the NBA'S social distancing plan.

I'm going to be so Fucking disappointed if this breaks bad.

ETA: I have to say this one more time....

Broken ass, not even on the active roster, Kyrie petulant ass Irving is a driving force.

I'm starting to really dislike that fucker.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp....

So much for it only being the bottom feeders.

Ps. Lol @ Kyrie leading anything.

@handicappers thread doesn't look so farfetched after all.

@tlance was right, these guys are not going to go along with the NBA'S social distancing plan.

I'm going to be so Fucking disappointed if this breaks bad.

ETA: I have to say this one more time....

Broken ass, not even on the active roster, Kyrie petulant ass Irving is a driving force.

I'm starting to really dislike that fucker.

Well, Kyrie may be a shitty leader on the court, but he sure knows how to create divide off of it.

What an ass.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Kyrie. First he thinks the world is flat, now he wants to shutdown the NBA season. He thinks he is so smart...but it's the exact opposite. Dumb as a sack of rocks.

"Kyrie Irving, a Vice President of the NBPA, is leading a charge of half the league to just ask some questions about the nba’s plans. What was he doing during the meetings where these things were decided which he was a part of?"

He was thinking about how he could fall off the side of the earth.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaked photo of Kyrie in a NBPA meeting...

upload_2020-6-12_13-36-12.jpeg

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Kyrie. First he thinks the world is flat, now he wants to shutdown the NBA season. He thinks he is so smart...but it's the exact opposite. Dumb as a sack of rocks.

"Kyrie Irving, a Vice President of the NBPA, is leading a charge of half the league to just ask some questions about the nba’s plans. What was he doing during the meetings where these things were decided which he was a part of?"

He was thinking about how he could fall off the side of the earth.

He should be forced to resign effective immediately for dereliction of duty

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 , @tlance @anyone who knows the answer....

I'm trying to make sure I have the rules here straight...

The transaction window...

Teams can cut guys and restart teams can claim them?

So, hypothetically...

Atlanta is out.

They could cut Vince Carter and the Bucks, Clippers, Lakers, Rockets can pick him up?

So, this is buyout arms race 2.0?

Sources: 14 of 22 NBA teams out within 53 days

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I have been vocal about this, but it just doesn’t make sense to me to bring in teams like the Spurs and Wizards.

Just why?

Because of the paragraph after this in your post.

I get the NBA wants Dame and Zion, but they had their shot for 60 some games in the regular season. It isn’t their year.

The Trailblazers were injured all season. If they were healthy, they are probably solidly in the playoffs.

The Pelicans are a very young team and were without Zion until the last 19 or so games. They were starting to gel and looked like they were going to make a run at the 8 spot.

Not their fault the season got suspended and those 2 teams could do some damage in the playoffs. I don't think either can win the title, but they could have a big say in who does.

I know as a Lakers fan, I'd almost be as concerned about the Blazers as I am the Clippers. Maybe moreso because of how Dame can lose his mind for long stretches.

As for the Spurs and Wizards, there are some teams that are there just to make the numbers work.

Also, I forget who it was, but I heard someone mention this morning that more teams equals more money for the league which should help to keep the salary cap from bottoming out for next year.

End of the day though, if teams like the Spurs and Wizards didn't want to be there, they should have said no.

Last edited: