• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just difficult for someone such as myself that interacts with a few hundred people a day easy and spent the first six weeks of this unmasked ("the horror")how we are now falling apart over this three months later when we have conclusive data of who this affects.

We didn't know three months ago this had a ridiculously low chance of killing someone my age. Yet so many took their happy asses to work... Like Mecca did.

It's like the reverse of what we come to expect from our athletes... We except big, strong, and brave.

Kinda lame imo

Given the data, I would doubt that the people who don’t want to do this are out of concern for their own safety. Maybe a couple, but there are a lot of reasons a player might not want to go in the bubble right now.

And I won’t judge anyone who makes that decision.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, if I am on the Lakers or Clippers or Bucks?

Let’s go. Any sacrifice needed. Let’s get that ring.

One of the second tier teams? Might have to think on that a bit, but with no home court advantage it is worth giving it a shot.

On a team like the Spurs or the Magic or the Grizzlies that have a 0.00% chance at a title?

Buy in is a lot harder. And this plan requires a lot of people on teams like that to buy in.
Javelle Mcgee is one of the 40-50.

I try not to slant info to support my stance. So, in his case I wonder if his discomfort comes from his mental health issues?

But, he kinda echoed your point.

Some guys will not abide by the isolation rules.

“It was slightly concerning,” Lakers center JaVale McGee said. “Just because I don’t think people are going to do that. We’re grown men, first of all. Luckily that’s not how it’s going to be if it happens.”

Lakers News: JaVale McGee Had Concerns Over Possibility Of Being Quarantined To Hotel Room

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is all fine.

Like I said, some might have legit reasons.

If I decide I don’t want to take the risk to go back to work when the time comes, I can choose to take a 1 year sabbatical unpaid and have my job protected for that time.

I am not going to do that, but I could.

And I see nothing wrong with an athlete making that choice either.
Some might have legit reasons.

Some just don't want to be inconvenienced.

This is a bad look.

For the players and for the League.

I'm really shocked they publicized the deal with this level of acrimony.

40-50 players is a substantial amount....imo

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some might have legit reasons.

Some just don't want to be inconvenienced.

This is a bad look.

For the players and for the League.

I'm really shocked they publicized the deal with this level of acrimony.

40-50 players is a substantial amount....imo

How long was it you didn't see your family Mecca? So much of this is an inconvenience to everyone.

I'm not trying to stir shit and I will definitely focus on the majority of the league that was fine playing but yes I'm irked that the leagues can be this tone deaf to how people view a player complaining about a bubble.

It will be yesterdays news once they lace up and I just hope we can manage this thing with few issues.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just difficult for someone such as myself that interacts with a few hundred people a day easy and spent the first six weeks of this unmasked ("the horror")how we are now falling apart over this three months later when we have conclusive data of who this affects.

We didn't know three months ago this had a ridiculously low chance of killing someone my age. Yet so many took their happy asses to work... Like Mecca did.

It's like the reverse of what we come to expect from our athletes... We expect big, strong, and brave.

Kinda lame imo

Falling apart?
I’m not suggesting to not live your everyday life as close to normal as you can.
I am talking about massive groups attending sporting events, etc..

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falling apart?
I’m not suggesting to not live your everyday life as close to normal as you can.
I am talking about massive groups attending sporting events, etc..

Sure

That's still a ways off

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long was it you didn't see your family Mecca? So much of this is an inconvenience to everyone.

I'm not trying to stir shit and I will definitely focus on the majority of the league that was fine playing but yes I'm irked that the leagues can be this tone deaf to how people view a player complaining about a bubble.

It will be yesterdays news once they lace up and I just hope we can manage this thing with few issues.
Oh, I'm right there with you.

I'm going to just say this now because I know somebody else will later...

Law Enforcement, Firemen, Health Care Industry, Military....

We signed up for this shit. Doesn't mean we accept the costs of our chosen careers with grace...lol

If it were for health and safety reasons, I would totally understand.

As of now, that's not what's being reported and that's why I'm annoyed.

A few decades back when I was stationed in Misawa, Japan, we had one Fucking American TV Channel.

AFN, Armed Forces Network.

Outside of sports, they played TV sitcoms from the 70's and 80's and 5 year old Soap Operas and the news.

That's it...

So,obviously...Live Sports became really important.

I say all this to say, it's not just a game.

Sometimes it's a distraction from the misery, other times it's solace.

We could use some of both about right now....

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm right there with you.

I'm going to just say this now because I know somebody else will later...

Law Enforcement, Firemen, Health Care Industry, Military....

We signed up for this shit. Doesn't mean we accept the costs of our chosen careers with grace...lol

If it were for health and safety reasons, I would totally understand.

As of now, that's not what's being reported and that's why I'm annoyed.

A few decades back when I was stationed in Misawa, Japan, we had one Fucking American TV Channel.

AFN, Armed Forces Network.

Outside of sports, they played TV sitcoms from the 70's and 80's and 5 year old Soap Operas and the news.

That's it...

So,obviously...Live Sports became really important.

We need sports in a bad way

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.

While I'm not sure what the health concerns would be if they stay in the bubble, at least that has some validity.

But inconvenienced because they are being asked to stay in the bubble or be quarantined if they choose to leave it?

I wonder how many people would love to able to be in a bubble like they'll be in instead of the bubble they are currently in?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in the world of every day life...

3 guesses who's gonna be a grandpappy...AGAIN...:lol:

damn boy kept it on the DL this time til they knew what it was gonna be, another grandson...

FrighteningWelltodoCero-max-1mb.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javelle Mcgee is one of the 40-50.

I try not to slant info to support my stance. So, in his case I wonder if his discomfort comes from his mental health issues?

But, he kinda echoed your point.

Some guys will not abide by the isolation rules.

“It was slightly concerning,” Lakers center JaVale McGee said. “Just because I don’t think people are going to do that. We’re grown men, first of all. Luckily that’s not how it’s going to be if it happens.”

Lakers News: JaVale McGee Had Concerns Over Possibility Of Being Quarantined To Hotel Room

Doesn't McGee have severe asthma or respiratory issues? Seen him take a puff from an inhaler on the bench from time to time.

So he would be classed as "high risk". Kinda understandable why he's a bit standoffish

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any takers?

I bought the purple one for $25.

Cool ass ball.

But, $125 is a bit steep.

Kobe 94 Series Silver | Spalding

Anything with Kobe on it is going to be higher priced.

My husband used to collect basketball cards in the 80s and 90s. He had a whole stack of common Kobe rookie cards that some are selling for over $100 a pop online.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in the world of every day life...

3 guesses who's gonna be a grandpappy...AGAIN...:lol:

damn boy kept it on the DL this time til they knew what it was gonna be, another grandson...

Congrats!! How many is that now? My 3rd was just born this past Sunday.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't McGee have severe asthma or respiratory issues? Seen him take a puff from an inhaler on the bench from time to time.

Nah, he was vapin' the chronic. lol

Seriously though, if he has asthma, that would definitely be a legit reason for him to not play.

It would hurt the team if he chooses not to because he was playing so well.

But I'd be willing to bet that none of his teammates and coaches, etc. would have an issue with it if he didn't want to play.

I'd hope fans wouldn't either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, he was vapin' the chronic. lol

Seriously though, if he has asthma, that would definitely be a legit reason for him to not play.

It would hurt the team if he chooses not to because he was playing so well.

But I'd be willing to bet that none of his teammates and coaches, etc. would have an issue with it if he didn't want to play.

I'd hope fans wouldn't either.

That is all I am trying to say.

Players are human. They have families and their own stories that make them unique. A reason like that would be legit.

It would be lame to not come back because it is inconvenient, but by the same token, I think it is lame that the NBA is bringing in 6 unnecessary teams so they can make a few extra bucks. That is like 200 extra people in the bubble that don’t need to be there. And also the people who will be least invested because they aren’t going to win.