• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know about the Superstar Roll call that the NBPA did a few weeks back.

But, did they not test the temperature of the others before this tentative deal was publicized?

Listen, I get not wanting to play because of health concerns.

But, that's not what this is.

These guys are balking about the restrictions and are allegedly using the " Desire to protest for Floyd" as a reason to either ease the restrictions or to just blow the deal up altogether.

I wonder if they realize how trash this looks.

Complaining about not having visitors and missing their families is understandable.

But, I bet the Men and Women on military deployments find this a bit unpalatable coming from millionaires.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just dumb if this is the reason. Doing that proves what exactly? The NBA aren't the cops.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know about the Superstar Roll call that the NBPA did a few weeks back.

But, did they not test the temperature of the others before this tentative deal was publicized?

Listen, I get not wanting to play because of health concerns.

But, that's not what this is.

These guys are balking about the restrictions and are allegedly using the " Desire to protest for Floyd" as a reason to either ease the restrictions or to just blow the deal up altogether.

I wonder if they realize how trash this looks.

Complaining about not having visitors and missing their families is understandable.

But, I bet the Men and Women on military deployments find this a bit unpalatable coming from millionaires.

Then they can stay home and not get paid.

It's absolutely a bad look.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

Do we know who yet?

40 to 50 is like almost 4 of the 22 rosters.

@tlance hmmmmmm...lol

Sounds like some guys don't want to stay in the bubble.

Not surprising for the younger guys who really have no shoot to make it to the playoffs.

As players have started to come to terms with the restrictive and isolated nature of the Orlando bubble --- including no visitors until after the first round of the playoffs nearly seven weeks after the opening of mid-July training camp -- there's been increased dialogue about the prudence of restarting the season for a number of players, especially those on non-championship contenders, sources said.

Look, if I am on the Lakers or Clippers or Bucks?

Let’s go. Any sacrifice needed. Let’s get that ring.

One of the second tier teams? Might have to think on that a bit, but with no home court advantage it is worth giving it a shot.

On a team like the Spurs or the Magic or the Grizzlies that have a 0.00% chance at a title?

Buy in is a lot harder. And this plan requires a lot of people on teams like that to buy in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there girl. I take it you don’t necessarily buy what is being put out there about how asymptomatic people don’t spread it as much as people with symptoms? I’m skeptical.

It follows that an asymptomatic person is less likely to spread it because they are less likely to cough or sneeze.

But that latest report flies in the face of what other experts have been saying about this virus. I am not buying it either. Asymptomatic spread is what makes the virus so dangerous IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they can stay home and not get paid.

It's absolutely a bad look.

Always depends on the reason.

I am sure some players have very legitimate reasons for not wanting to do this.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always depends on the reason.

I am sure some players have very legitimate reasons for not wanting to do this.

What?

I'm about fed up with the attitude from the athletes

They are being provided a bubble and a level of protection the general public doesn't have. The public doesn't get constant testing.

I appreciate they've spent years crafting their skills to get to this point. I appreciate that very much. And hey don't play if you don't want...and don't get paid. And likely take a hit to your perception publicly and possibly within the locker room.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

I'm about fed up with the attitude from the athletes

They are being provided a bubble and a level of protection the general public doesn't have. The public doesn't get constant testing.

I appreciate they've spent years crafting their skills to get to this point. I appreciate that very much. And hey don't play if you don't want...and don't get paid. And likely take a hit to your perception publicly and possibly within the locker room.

And that is all fine.

Like I said, some might have legit reasons.

If I decide I don’t want to take the risk to go back to work when the time comes, I can choose to take a 1 year sabbatical unpaid and have my job protected for that time.

I am not going to do that, but I could.

And I see nothing wrong with an athlete making that choice either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is all fine.

Like I said, some might have legit reasons.

If I decide I don’t want to take the risk to go back to work when the time comes, I can choose to take a 1 year sabbatical unpaid and have my job protected for that time.

I am not going to do that, but I could.

And I see nothing wrong with an athlete making that choice either.

Problem with this i guarantee anyone who sits out will be back in December when the new season start which exposes them as a phony because not much will change with the virus from now until then.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with this i guarantee anyone who sits out will be back in December when the new season start which exposes them as a phony because not much will change with the virus from now until then.
Once the pay checks stop there will be a different view

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, maybe not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, this is their job.

And NBA players work in the entertainment industry. They are not essential workers by any stretch.

A player who sits is letting a lot of people down to be sure, but if someone is willing to give up a paycheck to do this I am guessing they have a damn good reason.

Also, finishing a season is different than starting one. It is a lot easier for 2 sides to come to terms because the # of games is so small and they are the most important ones.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves because NBA basketball in 2021 is not a given.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, this is their job.

And NBA players work in the entertainment industry. They are not essential workers by any stretch.

A player who sits is letting a lot of people down to be sure, but if someone is willing to give up a paycheck to do this I am guessing they have a damn good reason.

Also, finishing a season is different than starting one. It is a lot easier for 2 sides to come to terms because the # of games is so small and they are the most important ones.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves because NBA basketball in 2021 is not a given.

At this point, the mindset to finish this season has noting to do with planning for next season.

There won't be a vaccine by then. Flu season will be mixing into the loop.
If I had to make a decision today, not that I even see it as an option as of now, but no way am I attending games and I've heard the same response from everyone that I know who has season tickets.

While the virus might not come back hot and heavy in rural areas, were heading for at least a second wave in populated cities, and that's where sporting events are held.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at the MLB situation as far as salary.
Why will NBA players be any more willing to accept it?
Basketball is played indoors, which makes it more dangerous.
No chance, if they are playing in empty buildings that paychecks will be the same, or even close to the same.
I don't know the economic ratio between TV revenue vs ticket revenue(all inclusive food, parking, premium, sponsorship) etc , but it's something that should be calculated now and probably is.

Does the NFL even have this all worked out?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the MLB situation as far as salary.
Why will NBA players be any more willing to accept it?
Basketball is played indoors, which makes it more dangerous.
No chance, if they are playing in empty buildings that paychecks will be the same, or even close to the same.
I don't know the economic ratio between TV revenue vs ticket revenue(all inclusive food, parking, premium, sponsorship) etc , but it's something that should be calculated now and probably is.

Does the NFL even have this all worked out?

It's just difficult for someone such as myself that interacts with a few hundred people a day easy and spent the first six weeks of this unmasked ("the horror")how we are now falling apart over this three months later when we have conclusive data of who this affects.

We didn't know three months ago this had a ridiculously low chance of killing someone my age. Yet so many took their happy asses to work... Like Mecca did.

It's like the reverse of what we come to expect from our athletes... We expect big, strong, and brave.

Kinda lame imo

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in the world of every day life...

3 guesses who's gonna be a grandpappy...AGAIN...:lol:

damn boy kept it on the DL this time til they knew what it was gonna be, another grandson...

Congrats!