• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
53 days is a long time for a team that has no realistic chance to contend.
Didn't read the article and not blaming those who posted it but does seem like the idea is that 53 days seems like it isn't long. I agree with you that it is. Just go straight to playoffs and they could get down to 8 teams in no more than 2 weeks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
53 days is a long time for a team that has no realistic chance to contend.

Did they not know this before they agreed on coming back? The NBA plans was pretty open and they had 2 separate meetings to discuss the plans that they agreed on.

Could have easily voted no if that was the case then the NBA could have just went with the top 4 seeds in each conference and called it a day

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just go straight to playoffs and they could get down to 8 teams in no more than 2 weeks.

But those teams who aren't "contenders" wanted a chance to make the playoffs. Those teams who aren't contenders knew exactly what they were doing when voting to this format so I don't care to hear about these teams who aren't contenders. Should have voted for a 16 team playoffs and we would all be happy

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be lame to not come back because it is inconvenient, but by the same token, I think it is lame that the NBA is bringing in 6 unnecessary teams so they can make a few extra bucks. That is like 200 extra people in the bubble that don’t need to be there. And also the people who will be least invested because they aren’t going to win.

As bks pointed out though, teams knew the format when they agreed to it. Sure, the league wanted to make more money, but so did the teams.

Also, I'd be surprised if teams like the Pelicans who were playing well and looked like they were going to make a run at the playoffs, didn't want to be there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they not know this before they agreed on coming back? The NBA plans was pretty open and they had 2 separate meetings to discuss the plans that they agreed on.

Could have easily voted no if that was the case then the NBA could have just went with the top 4 seeds in each conference and called it a day

I am sure they knew. Or at least had the opportunity to know.

I know I have been vocal about this, but it just doesn’t make sense to me to bring in teams like the Spurs and Wizards.

Just why?

I get the NBA wants Dame and Zion, but they had their shot for 60 some games in the regular season. It isn’t their year.

The more people you bring in who don’t have self-motivating reason to stay as long as possible, the greater the risk of something going wrong.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this'll be 3. yeah, my son STILL trying to get his wife to give them a girl, but so far it ain't working lol. guess male genes run strong in the family...

Yeah, my wife and I talking the other day. Between the 2 of us, we have 3 daughters and a son and the son is the youngest.

If one of them has a daughter, we'll have the reverse in grandkids. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in the world of every day life...

3 guesses who's gonna be a grandpappy...AGAIN...:lol:

damn boy kept it on the DL this time til they knew what it was gonna be, another grandson...

Congratulations.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But those teams who aren't "contenders" wanted a chance to make the playoffs. Those teams who aren't contenders knew exactly what they were doing when voting to this format so I don't care to hear about these teams who aren't contenders. Should have voted for a 16 team playoffs and we would all be happy
No disagreement...was only saying 53 days seemed like a long time. Not the short one that seemed to be implied.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure they knew. Or at least had the opportunity to know.

I know I have been vocal about this, but it just doesn’t make sense to me to bring in teams like the Spurs and Wizards.

Just why?

I get the NBA wants Dame and Zion, but they had their shot for 60 some games in the regular season. It isn’t their year.

The more people you bring in who don’t have self-motivating reason to stay as long as possible, the greater the risk of something going wrong.
That's true...but they probably cared more about what the actual teams/players thought over random fans. and while some are opposed, there are probably many who fought to be there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true...but they probably cared more about what the actual teams/players thought over random fans. and while some are opposed, there are probably many who fought to be there.

Not even sure what this means.

But clearly there is dissent among the players. Most, if not all of that dissent is coming from players on non-contending teams.

Pretty easy fix there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But clearly there is dissent among the players. Most, if not all of that dissent is coming from players on non-contending teams.

Pretty easy fix there.
Seemed clear what it meant. Yes, there are players who don't want to be there. But there are probably many from the lesser teams who do want to be there. They also have owners and/or a FO who fought to be there.

Hell, the Cavs FO wanted to be there. I'm glad they are not and get why they were left out.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty easy fix there.
How did the NBPA not know about this dissent?

This looks so bad to do this now.

They should have worked this kink out before making the deal public.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the NBPA not know about this dissent?

This looks so bad to do this now.

They should have worked this link out before making the deal public.
Guessing they did. They were going to get complaints no matter which option they went with. Can't please everyone.