• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why should anyone be blamed?
If they went right to playoffs with the 16 current playoff teams there would be complaints by some
If they invited 22 teams there would be complaints by some
If they invited all teams there would be complaints by some
If they invited less than the 16 teams there would be complaints by some
If they cancelled the season there would be complaints by some

All true.

I think the issue is more the timing and the attempts to try and tie it to George Floyd.

The NFL has pretty much stated from day 1 that they intended to start their season on time with or without fans in the stands and there doesn't seem to be any wavering from the players or anyone else.

MLB looked bad for a bit because of what a dumbass pitcher said and because their negotiations got out to the public...but now it looks like there will be a season.

The NBA announcing its plan and players suddenly coming out with concerns and objections is a bad look.

If they go as far as to actually end up canceling the season (which I don't think will happen) it could set back a fair amount of the progress they've made over the decades to go from a niche sport to 2nd behind the NFL and possibly gaining ground.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no Kyrie fan. I have been his harshest critic on here pretty much forever.

He is an incredibly selfish man IMO. He may have polled his locker room, taken the team vote and reported back. Then got to work on submarining it once it passed.

Either that or he changed his mind after the vote.

Either way, little that Kyrie does surprises me at this point.

Speaking of Kyrie it's only a matter of time before he claims the Lost City of Atlantis is located in Bermuda Triangle.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually read what I wrote?

The NBPA absolutely deserves blame it either of these 2 occurred:

1. They only consulted the top players, approved a plan without knowing if the others were onboard.

2. They knew there were a significant amount of desenters, let the proposal go public anyway.

Unions represent the best interests of the many, not the few megastars.
In fact, I did read what you wrote. and you do not know IF either of those scenarios occurred. If they did? OK...they deserve ridicule. But, again, we do not know they did.

This is what you wrote, my friend.......

"I blame the players union.

Isn't this part of their job?

They aren't just responsible for the 1%ers.

They are supposed to take care of everyone on down to the 10 day contracts as well."

There was no "IF" in those comments. You blamed the union.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Can you smeeelll what CP3 is cookin'?"
anigif_sub-buzz-31003-1490307221-1.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, I did read what you wrote. and you do not know IF either of those scenarios occurred. If they did? OK...they deserve ridicule. But, again, we do not know they did.
lmfao

Ummmm....

Did you not see the report that said the NBAPA agreed to season was restarting?

NBA Players Association agrees with 22-team format to restart 2019-20 season

What about the players that have stated they were never allowed to vote?

Not all NBA players are comfortable with the timing, or even the thought, of resuming the 2019-20 season. According to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, a “significant number” of players are expressing disappointment about not being able to vote on the restart plans for Orlando, Florida this July.

Haynes: Some NBA Players Disappointed About Lack of Vote on Season

How about 2/3 of the top 40 being AGAINST the plan?

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable blaiming them....

Let me know if you need anymore help.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmfao

Ummmm....

Did you not see the report that said the NBAPA agreed to season was restarting?

NBA Players Association agrees with 22-team format to restart 2019-20 season

What about the players that have stated they were never allowed to vote?

Not all NBA players are comfortable with the timing, or even the thought, of resuming the 2019-20 season. According to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, a “significant number” of players are expressing disappointment about not being able to vote on the restart plans for Orlando, Florida this July.

How about 2/3 of the top 40 being AGAINST the plan?

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable blaiming them....

Let me know if you need anymore help.

First you blame the players....then you say IF these things occurred. Now you say they did occur. Can you at least choose your stance?

I'm good but thanks for offering. we can continue the circle if you want..

If they went right to playoffs with the 16 current playoff teams there would be complaints by some

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true.

I think the issue is more the timing and the attempts to try and tie it to George Floyd.

The NFL has pretty much stated from day 1 that they intended to start their season on time with or without fans in the stands and there doesn't seem to be any wavering from the players or anyone else.

MLB looked bad for a bit because of what a dumbass pitcher said and because their negotiations got out to the public...but now it looks like there will be a season.

The NBA announcing its plan and players suddenly coming out with concerns and objections is a bad look.

If they go as far as to actually end up canceling the season (which I don't think will happen) it could set back a fair amount of the progress they've made over the decades to go from a niche sport to 2nd behind the NFL and possibly gaining ground.
It's a horrible look and the Players association is to blame.

How do you agree to the terms without knowing if your constituents are onboard.

I'm good but thanks for offering. we can continue the circle if you want....

You can circle all you want, I'm better at this than you.

If I feel they are to blame, that's my perogative.

Your chronically, obtuse lack of comprehension does nothing to change that.

If the masses were not onboard, the NBPA should not have publicly stated the deal was done.

If they were unaware that the masses were against it, that's even worse.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First you blame the players....then you say IF these things occurred. Now you say they did occur. Can you at least choose your stance?

I'm good but thanks for offering. we can continue the circle if you want..

Stop using text to words or Google translate.

It is screwing up your basic comprehension.

Quote the post where I said blame the players.

I have been pretty consistent on this issue.

Again: Your twists and turns don't bother me.

I'm better at this.

Quit while you are miles behind.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can circle all you want, I'm better at this than you.

If I feel they are to blame, that's my perogative.

Your chronically, obtuse lack of comprehension does nothing to change that.

If the masses were not onboard, the NBPA should not have publicly stated the deal was done.

If they were unaware that the masses were against it, that's even worse.
Slow down there chief. Just asked you to choose your stance and stick to it. first they are to blame....then you say IF they are to blame......then they are to blame again.

If I am obtuse here (not understanding) it's because you, yourself, don't understand what you are saying since you go back and forth. I'm trying to help you decide. You're welcome.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop using text to words or Google translate.

It is screwing up your basic comprehension.

Quote the post where I said blame the players.

I have been pretty consistent on this issue.

Again: Your twists and turns don't bother me.

I'm better at this.

Quit while you are miles behind.
haha. already did but I'll quote you again. Try reading the first line....Gonna tell me again to find where you blamed the players?

"I blame the players union.

Isn't this part of their job?

They aren't just responsible for the 1%ers.

They are supposed to take care of everyone on down to the 10 day contracts as well."

In a later thread you said IF they do these things. Just trying to help you decide on your stance. Yeah...you're good at this. If by this you mean not owning your mistake.

This will be my last comment on the matter. Feel free to instead of admitting you did, in fact, blame the union by saying "I blame the players union" to try and blame me for you being all over the place.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure that's what happened as far as not making sure the constituents voted.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but I think that the team reps spoke to their teams and explained the plan. I think they got a consensus of their teammates and voted that way.

I think that Kyrie was never in favor of the plan, but maybe his teammates were so he voted that way.

Then, he started talking to other players and found out that there were some guys who had doubts and he decided to start shit, just like he does in locker rooms

But I do agree, if the "rank and file" players didn't get a say, then it's 100% on the NBAPA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that's what happened as far as not making sure the constituents voted.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but I think that the team reps spoke to their teams and explained the plan. I think they got a consensus of their teammates and voted that way.

I think that Kyrie was never in favor of the plan, but maybe his teammates were so he voted that way.

Then, he started talking to other players and found out that there were some guys who had doubts and he decided to start shit, just like he does in locker rooms

But I do agree, if the "rank and file" players didn't get a say, then it's 100% on the NBAPA.
100% agree with that last point. But as you mention at this point it's only an "IF".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down there chief.

I'd appreciate if you would both slow down. I'm old and can't keep up with you young 'uns and yer speed typing.

I'm even slower at texting, drives the wife and daughters crazy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down there chief. Just asked you to choose your stance and stick to it. first they are to blame....then you say IF they are to blame......then they are to blame again.

If I am obtuse here (not understanding) it's because you, yourself, don't understand what you are saying since you go back and forth. I'm trying to help you decide. You're welcome.
Dude, quit while you are whole city blocks behind.

It doesn't work on me.

Where are the posts where I blamed the players?

I know it is difficult for you to admit you are wrong, which is odd considering how often it occurs.

My stance has been the same throughout.

Now, I accept your surrender.

How did the NBPA not know about this dissent?

This looks so bad to do this now.

They should have worked this kink out before making the deal public.

I know about the Superstar Roll call that the NBPA did a few weeks back.

But, did they not test the temperature of the others before this tentative deal was publicized?

Listen, I get not wanting to play because of health concerns.

But, that's not what this is.

These guys are balking about the restrictions and are allegedly using the " Desire to protest for Floyd" as a reason to either ease the restrictions or to just blow the deal up altogether.

I wonder if they realize how trash this looks.

Complaining about not having visitors and missing their families is understandable.

But, I bet the Men and Women on military deployments find this a bit unpalatable coming from millionaires.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I don’t trust hundreds of 20 something players “at no risk to the themselves” to self quarantine effectively in a community where the virus case load seems to growing.

They have to eat, which means they will he exposed directly or indirectly to other people in the Orlando community. Unless support staff are kept in the bubble too, there will almost surely be some players who test positive at some point.

What is the number of positive tests that will cause Silver to shut things down? I have no idea. I doubt it is a number under 5, but we just don’t know. Will Silver allow the season to continue if 10 players/coaches test positive? 20?

At some point, if players are testing positive he will pull the plug. Your guess is as good as mine as to what that number is.

@trojanfan12, This was my post that started a lot of this. The point I was trying to make from the start was pretty clearly hypothetical. Yet, you instead continue to come back to my next shorter post responding to @dtgold88 saying this:

How are they getting food?

Are they confined to their hotel rooms when not playing/practicing?

Sorry, I don’t buy the idea that every player on every team will but into that idea. Some will take risks.

Which is pretty clearly rhetorical. The point of these questions is that in addition to the roughly 30 people each team is bringing, there needs to be additional support staff. And the question about confinement is pretty clearly rhetorical also.

My thinking there is that players will balk if the rules confining their movement are too strict, and I believe Silver probably will balk at relaxing them too much because then safety becomes an issue.

Now that @Mecca has posted that hotel staff WILL NOT be kept inside the bubble and be allowed to come and go in a community with a currently increasing infection rate, it should be plain as day why this plan concerned me and why I was worried about how often players are exposed to support staff (seems inevitable).

But, you chose to reply with a string of sarcastic responses, even after I said multiple times that you were taking my comments out of context. And yeah, perhaps I got buried in the string of antagonistic replies and didn’t make my position clear enough while on the defensive.

But doesn’t change facts that it took a mere 4 days for my posts to be vindicated. I said it was a flawed plan. And now that there is a very real threat to NBA return, you should be a bit more contrite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your replies to me:

If only the technology existed to allow coaches to have input during a game without having to be on the sidelines. I don't know, like some kind of device that one could keep in their pocket, be able to connect to that coach and give and receive input in real time.

Or, if there were just some kind of facial covering that a coach could wear and/or if maybe there was a way to have a seat in the empty arena for that coach that is at least 6' away from everyone else.
Yes, it does.

You're in here presenting doomsday scenarios and acting like you're somehow coming up with things that the NBA hasn't thought of like...how will they get food?

Look, I showed a lot of patience with you throughout this. You were piling on along with others and attempting to “win the internet” by making fun of me. And now, you are the one who looks like a jackass.

I want the season to be played and I still think it can and will be salvaged. But the risks are very real and this is not an easy problem to solve. There are just too many people involved.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, I have a hard time believing they would be that negligent as well.

But, according to Haynes, that's what happened.

Along with these critical issues, players are expressing discontent that they were not allowed to vote on the plan individually. Haynes explains that the NBPA board of representatives is charged with communicating with each player to get feedback, but making person-to-person connections is difficult. The union has no formal voting mechanism in place that would cover all 450 NBA players.

100% agree with that last point. But as you mention at this point it's only an "IF".
Just waive your white flag already...lol

:yield:

You jumped in asshole first as usual.