• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all are making way too much of my comment.

@msgkings322 is the one who is wrong here. And just a few weeks who he was willing to bet a lifetime ban that the Covid death toll would be under 100K.

My “doomsday” comments that you all keep picking apart are only in response to his overly optimistic, no chance of anything going wrong comments.
I happen to agree with most of what you posted.

...and, in fairness, @msgkings322 was responding to my post saying it could be a shitshow.

I think the venue choice comes down to money.

Disney has to recoup some of that lost revenue.

I also think it's gonna blow it the title is tainted further because a star has to sit with a positive test.

I just don't know what would be a better altenative, sans putting them on a damn boat and not docking until after the finals.

Well, not Carnival.

People been sick on their ships for decades...lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting pretty tired of the sarcasm.

2 points in favor of the midwestern college town:

1) less fun things to do that will temp players
2) you pick a town where virus numbers are extremely low and have leveled off. That is not Orlando.
Getting pretty tired of the sarcasm.

2 points in favor of the midwestern college town:

1) less fun things to do that will temp players
2) you pick a town where virus numbers are extremely low and have leveled off. That is not Orlando.

Even without the Disney angle, I'm pretty sure this is the very reason a town like Vegas would be out of the question.

Had Disneyland been able to accommodate everyone, it would have been the 2nd worst choice because of the commute to shopping, nightlife.

I totally get your point and agree.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that people realize Disney World will be OPEN to the public during this time frame.

That alone makes this whole thing retarded.

That was the entire premise of my statement. If you aren't really isolating the players, staff, hotel folks, what's the point?

Yeah. It is pretty ridiculous.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sarcasm. what you are tired of is your thoughts being refuted with logic and reason.

The teams/players/coaches are in their own bubble in Orlando. They wont be mingling with the general public. do you just not get this or just don't believe this will happen? There will be food and forms of entertainment there for them I'm sure.

Because there are less fun things to do in the college town, wouldn't that give players more reason to try and escape from it?

I don’t believe players will be in a bubble. Too many people/tourists in Orlando to keep every single NBA player and their families isolated. I just don’t see how it is possible.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe players will be in a bubble. Too many people/tourists in Orlando to keep every single NBA player and their families isolated. I just don’t see how it is possible.

Once again families are not around until Labor Day. Also we have to give the commissioner some benefit of the doubt. The way some are talking on here makes you think they did zero research and came up with this plan in a day or two

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again families are not around until Labor Day. Also we have to give the commissioner some benefit of the doubt. The way some are talking on here makes you think they did zero research and came up with this plan in a day or two
This addresses my concerns.

Guess I should have adopted a wait and see attitude before stating it would fail.

* Secretly searches for a new angle to state the sky is falling *

If a player tests positive, they will need to quarantine for at least 10 days and have two negative tests before rejoining their team. The same is true if a player leaves the league’s Disney World campus, which will be closed off to the public. If a player leaves and returns, they will need to quarantine for at least 10 days and test negative twice before rejoining

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@bksballer89

Again, all I am saying is that this is not the foolproof plan some are trying to make it. Obviously they did their research. But you can’t tell me that Orlando is the safest place to do this.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 .

at least I was right about something...lol

Joe Vardon: I think the other big takeaways that I have from this year, the belief in Kevin Porter Jr. It’s now gone into the coaching staff, it’s now gone into the players. This organization believes that he’s the one. If there is a focal point, if there is somebody that’s going to change the trajectory of this rebuild and change the timeline potentially of this rebuild, it’s going to be him.

I think it was a great pick and I did like your comparison to Harden but only time will tell...hope he is! lol

You definitely called it. He just needs to continue to keep his mind right.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a great pick and I did like your comparison to Harden but only time will tell...hope he is! lol

You definitely called it. He just needs to continue to keep his mind right.

Yeah, keeping his head straight will be the key.

He only played in 21 games at USC. He suffered a quad contusion that cost him a few games, then he got suspended for "personal conduct issues".

He was frustrating to watch because the talent was obvious. When he was "engaged" you could see how much better he was than virtually everyone else on the court.

But he would have long stretches where it was like he was disinterested and would just kind of remove himself from the offense and hang out on the perimeter.

To be completely fair to him though, USC's offense is pretty team oriented and not really designed to "feature" a specific player. He looked to be the type of player that you might want to feature.

I don't know if the plan was to start adjusting the offense to feature him more and they didn't get the chance because of the injury and suspension though.

If he really applied himself and stayed healthy, he could have led USC to a solid tournament run.

I thought his declaring for the draft was a bad idea. I thought he could use another year at USC to mature and get the minutes he didn't get as a freshman. But so far, it's looking like I was wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to agree with most of what you posted.

...and, in fairness, @msgkings322 was responding to my post saying it could be a shitshow.

I think the venue choice comes down to money.

Disney has to recoup some of that lost revenue.

I also think it's gonna blow it the title is tainted further because a star has to sit with a positive test.

I just don't know what would be a better altenative, sans putting them on a damn boat and not docking until after the finals.

Well, not Carnival.

People been sick on their ships for decades...lol
Would never say money not an issue, but thinking the complex might be the choice even if not Disney owned based on its setup.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but just because you cannot see it does not mean they cannot plan to remain in a bubble.

and if you think they'll leave there is more chance they'd try to leave if they were in some podunk college town with even less to do when not playing/practicing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

Again, all I am saying is that this is not the foolproof plan some are trying to make it. Obviously they did their research. But you can’t tell me that Orlando is the safest place to do this.
Doesn't seem like there is more than 1 person here who thinks a hiccup/shutdown is not possible.

as for safest place? I mean, sure, there is probably some remote area with a couple courts they could go to that might be safer......but not realistic. If leaving is your fear, the college town is a worse idea.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandson #3 was born yesterday. He's in Florida, so it's gonna be a minute before I get to meet him.

I've already made sure that all of the proper teams are represented (USC, Lakers, Dodgers, Seahawks).

Lakers, Dodgers and Seahawks onesies all have his name with a players number...Lakers - Magic. Dodgers - Cody Bellinger. Seahawks - Russell Wilson.

It's basketball related because one of them is the Lakers with Magic's number on it. :D

Lakers- Magic (why no Andrew Bynum?)

Dodgers- Bellinger (have always liked Tommy)

Seahawks- Wilson a great pick. Steve Largent question. How many casual football fans do you think know SL was the first WR to get 100 TD's?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but just because you cannot see it does not mean they cannot plan to remain in a bubble.

and if you think they'll leave there is more chance they'd try to leave if they were in some podunk college town with even less to do when not playing/practicing.

I think exactly the opposite.

If there is nothing to do, they are more likely to stick in the hotel. If there are attractive options outside the bubble, they are more likely to leave.

Even then, the biggest threat is not the players themselves breaking the rules. It is the hotel support staff etc. who they will be exposed to.

I live in a college town. The town + surrounding county has a population of about 300,000 and we have 160 confirmed Covid cases since this thing started. My town isn’t the best example of a good venue, but it is big enough to support it and an example of the type of community the NBA should be looking for.

Orange County has a population of about 1.4 million with over 2,000 Covid cases and a number that has been on the rise lately. They are a huge tourist destination. Even though the players shouldn’t come in direct contact with regular people, they will be exposed to food servers and other support staff who have far greater likelihood of getting Covid themselves in a city like Orlando.

That is my point.

And it is honestly crazy to me that you all can’t see it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers- Magic (why no Andrew Bynum?)

Dodgers- Bellinger (have always liked Tommy)

Seahawks- Wilson a great pick. Steve Largent question. How many casual football fans do you think know SL was the first WR to get 100 TD's?
He's a guy I'd love to see what he could do if dropped into a more recent NFL with Brady or Manning as his QB.