• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all are making way too much of my comment.

@msgkings322 is the one who is wrong here. And just a few weeks who he was willing to bet a lifetime ban that the Covid death toll would be under 100K.

My “doomsday” comments that you all keep picking apart are only in response to his overly optimistic, no chance of anything going wrong comments.
That's fine and I happen to agree with you a little extreme to think there is no chance the season will not finish.

However, you then say there are far better options than Orlando and give reasons that don't really seem to make a lot of sense. The Governor? How will they eat? what if they leave?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting pretty tired of the sarcasm.

2 points in favor of the midwestern college town:

1) less fun things to do that will temp players
2) you pick a town where virus numbers are extremely low and have leveled off. That is not Orlando.

Not sarcasm. what you are tired of is your thoughts being refuted with logic and reason.

The teams/players/coaches are in their own bubble in Orlando. They wont be mingling with the general public. do you just not get this or just don't believe this will happen? There will be food and forms of entertainment there for them I'm sure.

Because there are less fun things to do in the college town, wouldn't that give players more reason to try and escape from it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the venue choice matters nearly as much as you do as long as it's the "bubble" that it sounds like it's supposed to be.

As for players "sneaking out" or whatever. I agree that it's certainly possible. 20 something year old males aren't always known for doing the smart thing.

But I'm not going to assume that they automatically will, especially since I'm sure the situation has been and will continue to be drummed into their heads.

That's also where veterans would need to step up and make sure they understand.
would also think easier to keep them entertained in the Disney Complex than the small time college for which he advocates. Which means should be easier to keep them in the "bubble".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that people realize Disney World will be OPEN to the public during this time frame.

That alone makes this whole thing retarded.

That was the entire premise of my statement. If you aren't really isolating the players, staff, hotel folks, what's the point?
Isn't the sports complex different than Disney world?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandson #3 was born yesterday. He's in Florida, so it's gonna be a minute before I get to meet him.

I've already made sure that all of the proper teams are represented (USC, Lakers, Dodgers, Seahawks).

Lakers, Dodgers and Seahawks onesies all have his name with a players number...Lakers - Magic. Dodgers - Cody Bellinger. Seahawks - Russell Wilson.

It's basketball related because one of them is the Lakers with Magic's number on it. :D

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandson #3 was born yesterday. He's in Florida, so it's gonna be a minute before I get to meet him.

I've already made sure that all of the proper teams are represented (USC, Lakers, Dodgers, Seahawks).

Lakers, Dodgers and Seahawks onesies all have his name with a players number...Lakers - Magic. Dodgers - Cody Bellinger. Seahawks - Russell Wilson.

It's basketball related because one of them is the Lakers with Magic's number on it. :D
congrats......Couldn't find the little guy a Jim Zorn jersey?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats......Couldn't find the little guy a Jim Zorn jersey?

Thanks.

When he's older. These are 0-3 month old onesies.

If I get a jersey that small, he'll grow out of it too fast. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

When he's older. These are 0-3 month old onesies.

If I get a jersey that small, he'll grow out of it too fast. lol
Been a while but seemed like they took about 15 minutes to grow out of stuff.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a while but seemed like they took about 15 minutes to grow out of stuff.

lol

Definitely. For a few years there, my son would grow out of shoes before they could even get broken in good.

His feet finally did stop growing though...when they reached size 18. :L

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats!!!!!!!