• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated my case. You don’t agree and that is fine.

But I really don’t like your tone here. You have been sarcastic send condescending every step of the way. Now you are making assumptions about my line of thinking just because you don’t agree with my point of view.

And you haven't?

You said you think it's crazy that no one agrees with you.

You even questioned how they were going to get food, like the NBA wouldn't think of that.

You've been acting like this some kind of last minute plan that they threw together over a couple of days.

You don't have all of the information they have and want to criticize like you do.

You're taking an extreme position and then you turn around and criticize @msgkings for his extreme position.

They have a plan. Given what I have seen from the NBA at least since the 80's. I believe they are playing it as smart as possible, are consulting experts from doctors, dietitians, chefs, sanitation, etc., etc.

I also believe that they have consulted with teams, owners, players and anyone else who will be there or could be effected on what is acceptable to them.

Is it possible that they missed something that could cause a chain of events and scuttle the whole thing? Of course and that possibility has been acknowledged.

I wouldn't even rule out the possibility that they could ultimately decide that it's just too big an undertaking, with too many moving parts and decide to scrap the season after all.

But you're the only one throwing out all kinds of doomsday scenarios and claiming it's crazy to not agree with you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you haven't?

You even questioned how they were going to get food, like the NBA wouldn't think of that.

You've been acting like this some kind of last minute plan that they threw together over a couple of days.

You don't have all of the information they have and want to criticize like you do.

You're taking an extreme position and then you turn around and criticize @msgkings for his extreme position.

They have a plan. Given what I have seen from the NBA at least since the 80's. I believe they are playing it as smart as possible, are consulting experts from doctors, dietitians, chefs, sanitation, etc., etc.

I also believe that they have consulted with teams, owners, players and anyone else who will be there or could be effected on what is acceptable to them.

Is it possible that they missed something that could cause a chain of events and scuttle the whole thing? Of course and that possibility has been acknowledged.

I wouldn't even rule out the possibility that they could ultimately decide that it's just too big an undertaking, with too many moving parts and decide to scrap the season after all.

But you're the only one throwing out all kinds of doomsday scenarios and claiming it's crazy to not agree with you.

Back up. You jumped into a conversation without understanding the context behind my comments.

1) I am on the record saying I think it will still work. My issue is that Orlando is too risky. I am not predicting failure. Never have come close to doing that.

2) My “doomsday scenario” that you and a few others ganged up on me for was strictly hypothetical and in reply to @msgkings322 no chance comment. Again, It wasn’t a prediction.

3) And if you take offense to my comment that it is crazy you all don’t agree with me (for the record there are some people who do agree with me, they just weren’t posting at the time), then go back and read your first few replies to me. You have been making fun of my comments from the jump. And you completely fail to view them in the context with which they were made.

Again, not a prediction. Just a hypothetical in response to msg.

And the whole basis for my concern is the way Florida has handled Covid and the possibility that Orlando could become a hot spot for the virus.

And the real kicker here?

I can’t be wrong. If the season plays out without a hitch, great. I never predicted otherwise. If Silver decides later to move the bubble somewhere else or the season doesn’t complete, then you all look like huge jackasses.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why those talking TO tlance are the real ones banging heads against the wall. You seem to have concerns (and they are warranted) but are able to find areas that alleviate your concerns as you read more about what is actually going to happen.
Yeah, the NBA clearly has more rules in place that weren't, probably some that still haven't, been disclosed to the public initially.

The NBAPA did say they still had issues that haven't been voted on.

So, I'm going to wait until the entire plan is unfurled before I state the sky is falling.........AGAIN.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back up. You jumped into a conversation without understanding the context behind my comments.

1) I am on the record saying I think it will still work. My issue is that Orlando is too risky. I am not predicting failure. Never have come close to doing that.

2) My “doomsday scenario” that you and a few others ganged up on me for was strictly hypothetical and in reply to @msgkings322 no chance comment. Again, It wasn’t a prediction.

3) And if you take offense to my comment that it is crazy you all don’t agree with me (for the record there are some people who do agree with me, they just weren’t posting at the time), then go back and read your first few replies to me. You have been making fun of my comments from the jump. And you completely fail to view them in the context with which they were made.

And the whole basis for my concern is the way Florida has handled Covid and the possibility that Orlando could become a hot spot for the virus.

I can’t be wrong. If the season plays out without a hitch, great. I never predicted otherwise. If Silver decides later to move the bubble somewhere else or the season doesn’t complete, then you all look like huge jackasses.
It wasn't even you...lol

@msgkings322 and you were replying to MY comment.

I said it is a recipe for disaster.

I'm the one who posted the Orlando Covid stats.

I'm really sorry this blew up on you.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you haven't?

Oh, dear...lol

Seriously, it was me.

I brought up the lodging, the food, the Hotel staff and wrapping everyone in bubble wrap and the entire thing going to shit when LeBron, Kawhi test positive and the Suns win the chip because of it.

It was all me and everyone was responding to what I posted based on flawed info.

The underestimated the NBA'S planning.

Just because they didn't release the info, doesn't mean they didn't already have a plan.

@bksballer89 , @shopson67 , @dtgold88 , @TurnUpTheHeat presented into That I wasn't aware of and that changed my view AFTERWARDS.

But, the initial conversation was based on what I thought I knew.

That was on me.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

You may have started the boulder rolling, but I was the one they were trying to flatten with it.
I know and I'm sorry.

I'm just reading claims that are attributed to you and you were just echoing what I posted based on half ass information.

Again: There likely are better places to stage this experiment.

There probably are SAFER ways to do this.

I just don't have a clue what those ways are without trampling all over people's civil liberties.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 , @dtgold88 ,

All me.

All of this was said before @tlance made a single post.

Not a surprise.

More testing equals more positives.

But, I think They should sequester everyone.

Hotel staff, players, coaches, family .....EVERYONE ...

Or what's the point?

Once your test comes back clean, go in a bubble until you are eliminated.

Because, it's gonna suck for teams to lose a top guy because the wait staff wants to go clubbing the night before a big game.

Didn't they say a positive test or two wouldnt derail this? Especially since even positive NBA stars never seem to show symptoms.

No.

They will just quarantine that player.

Everyone will get tested every day.

So, if the others are negative, they play.

It just seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

They are having one on-site location to play and for players, coaches, families to reside. But, they aren't restricting the movements of the players, coaches, family, hotel workers, maids, Disney Employees etc.

Obviously, you can't treat people like hostages. But, what are the odds that everyone comes out unscathed?

In many ways, no matter who wins they are getting an asterisk. But, it's going to suck if a team like....the Suns win because Kawhi, Giannis, Lebron,Tatum couldn't play because they gave each other the virus that one of them got from the maid.

....or maybe for some it will make it more interesting.

Outside of completely living in a bubble for 2 months, there is no way to prevent possibly contracting it, I know.

I also know none of those folks will volunteer to do so.

I think there's no doubt some of that group are going to get infected. But I would be extremely surprised if any infections resulted in serious consequences.

I just don't see any disaster type scenarios as probable

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Wizards Organization...

Would you rather trade Beal for Kuzma, Rondo, Dudley, Green and a 2nd go round with Javelle Mcgee and 5 containers of pounded sand...

or

Levert, Dinwiddie, Jared Allen and parts?

Decicions, decicions.....lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you rather trade Beal for Kuzma, Rondo, Dudley, Green and a 2nd go round with Javelle Mcgee and 5 containers of pounded sand...

or

Is that really a decision?

Lakers don’t have the assets.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going with a Happy Either Way argument, huh?

Guessing you know by now I agree with you the idea there is "no chance" this does not work is extreme.

where I disagree with you and take issue is some of the comments you have made that could scuttle the plan. Like not thinking about where they will get food, for instance? Come on.

I also don't agree with your premise about a college town being better. Seems your big worry has been what if people leave the bubble (even though you have been made aware anyone who does faces huge repercussions to himself and his team). Been said there should be plenty for these guys to do in the complex to keep them busy and not need to leave. Not so much in a small college town, though, and they will have more reason to want to go elsewhere.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, dear...lol

Seriously, it was me.

I brought up the lodging, the food, the Hotel staff and wrapping everyone in bubble wrap and the entire thing going to shit when LeBron, Kawhi test positive and the Suns win the chip because of it.

It was all me and everyone was responding to what I posted based on flawed info.

Just because they didn't release the info, doesn't mean they didn't already have a plan.

@bksballer89 , @shopson67 , @dtgold88 , @TurnUpTheHeat presented into That I wasn't aware of and that changed my view AFTERWARDS.

That was on me.
Pretty sure I've been attributing only tlance's comments to him. Might have attributed the food comment to him and if he never said it my apologies.

But unlike you, as mentioned, he does not seem willing to bend after reading more on how this will go down.

Obviously, none of this affects my team, and I don't care as much as some about an end to the season. But I do want to see sports back and the excitement for this would be huge with or without my team involved.

Now if MLB can just get their shit together.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't even you...lol

@msgkings322 and you were replying to MY comment.

I said it is a recipe for disaster.

I'm the one who posted the Orlando Covid stats.

I'm really sorry this blew up on you.

tlance was the one posting "how will they get food?".

He's also been the one talking about players leaving the venue, etc. without knowing what the NBA's plans were for that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, dear...lol

Seriously, it was me.

That was on me.

Every single thing I posted in that comment was said by tlance.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I've been attributing only tlance's comments to him. Might have attributed the food comment to him and if he never said it my apologies.

But unlike you, as mentioned, he does not seem willing to bend after reading more on how this will go down.

Obviously, none of this affects my team, and I don't care as much as some about an end to the season. But I do want to see sports back and the excitement for this would be huge with or without my team involved.

Now if MLB can just get their shit together.
What do you see happening with the Cavs in free agency?

Not much chance of Drummond opting out.

So, sign and trade Thompson?

I also think the cap situation might bold well for a Love trade.

If it's true that many teams will unexpectedly be in the tax, only way they can get better is by trade.

Offers should be improved.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single thing I posted in that comment was said by tlance.
Ffs, I tried...lol

I see your Lakers thought they might be able to slide Boogie back on the roster.

If he can play, would have been interesting.

But, both our teams filled their last spots right before the pandemic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tlance was the one posting "how will they get food?".

He's also been the one talking about players leaving the venue, etc. without knowing what the NBA's plans were for that.

I have always been quite sure they had a plan for all of these angles. Just because they have a plan doesn’t mean it is foolproof.

There will be probably near a thousand people, maybe more involved in these plans requiring interactions with each other. If they can all be kept in the bubble and tested at adequate intervals, then great.

The more people involved, the greater possibility for error.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or

lol

Of course they've shown interest in Bradley Beal.

I've shown interest in owning a huge compound down at the beach with homes on it for everyone in my family.

Neither of us have the necessary assets at this time.