• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all are making way too much of my comment.

@msgkings322 is the one who is wrong here. And just a few weeks who he was willing to bet a lifetime ban that the Covid death toll would be under 100K.

My “doomsday” comments that you all keep picking apart are only in response to his overly optimistic, no chance of anything going wrong comments.

Not really.

@msgkings322 is just saying that, in his opinion, there's no chance the season doesn't finish. It's an opinion.

Instead of just saying you disagree and why. You're throwing out ridiculous things like "How will they get food?" as if the NBA was going to get to Orlando and suddenly realize that they hadn't thought of that.

While I won't go as far as to say that there's no chance the season isn't finished...I think the chances that the season gets finished are far more likely than not. In betting terms, it's the overwhelming, prohibitive favorite.

The NBA has generally shown itself to be one of, if not the smartest, professional sports leagues in history.

Adam Silver has shown that he puts the safety and needs of the people who work in the NBA above all else. The man shut down the entire league because 1 player tested positive. He didn't have to. But there wasn't much info out there at the time, so he erred on the side that protected the people who work in the NBA.

I think we can all trust that if he felt there was any kind of solid chance that they wouldn't be able to pull this off safely, the league wouldn't be looking to finish the season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the season have they set a date yet for when the season will resume? All I've heard so far is sometime in July.

I heard the end of July, but I haven't heard an actual date yet. I thought I read somewhere that it was July 31st...but I don't know if that was official, or just someone's speculation. It was an article about what the Lakers 8 game schedule may look like.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

@msgkings322 is just saying that, in his opinion, there's no chance the season doesn't finish. It's an opinion.

Instead of just saying you disagree and why. You're throwing out ridiculous things like "How will they get food?" as if the NBA was going to get to Orlando and suddenly realize that they hadn't thought of that.

While I won't go as far as to say that there's no chance the season isn't finished...I think the chances that the season gets finished are far more likely than not. In betting terms, it's the overwhelming, prohibitive favorite.

The NBA has generally shown itself to be one of, if not the smartest, professional sports leagues in history.

Adam Silver has shown that he puts the safety and needs of the people who work in the NBA above all else. The man shut down the entire league because 1 player tested positive. He didn't have to. But there wasn't much info out there at the time, so he erred on the side that protected the people who work in the NBA.

I think we can all trust that if he felt there was any kind of solid chance that they wouldn't be able to pull this off safely, the league wouldn't be looking to finish the season.

Where will the cheerleaders be staying? That's what's really important.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Drop the mic, TF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the end of July, but I haven't heard an actual date yet. I thought I read somewhere that it was July 31st...but I don't know if that was official, or just someone's speculation. It was an article about what the Lakers 8 game schedule may look like.

I thought it was the end of the month but I wasn't sure. Just like all of us I'm really missing sports. But I'm not 100% sure the season will be completed. What about players with underlying health conditions? The only example I'm aware of right now is Larry Nance, Jr, Crohn's disease. And I'm aware the Cavs won't be part of the 22 team field. But I can't imagine that Nance is the only NBAer with a health issue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where will the cheerleaders be staying? That's what's really important.

Well, I was going to wait to announce this to you all. But what the hell...

The NBA has hired me to be the chaperone for the cheerleaders. They will be staying with me in a hotel that is completely separate from those that the players will be staying in.

My job is to keep them entertained and to keep the players away, especially Dwight Howard who doesn't need anymore baby mamas. :D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was going to wait to announce this to you all. But what the hell...

The NBA has hired me to be the chaperone for the cheerleaders. They will be staying with me in a hotel that is completely separate from those that the players will be staying in.

My job is to keep them entertained and to keep the players away, especially Dwight Howard who doesn't need anymore baby mamas. :D

Why you lucky bassturd.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the end of the month but I wasn't sure. Just like all of us I'm really missing sports. But I'm not 100% sure the season will be completed. What about players with underlying health conditions? The only example I'm aware of right now is Larry Nance, Jr, Crohn's disease. And I'm aware the Cavs won't be part of the 22 team field. But I can't imagine that Nance is the only NBAer with a health issue.

Yeah, I'm at about 95%ish that it will get finished. I'd expect that if any players have health issues, they're aware of that as are the teams and league.

They likely have already presented the player and the team with whatever information is available re: their level of risk.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

I agree it is far more likely than not and I really hope they can pull it off.

I also strongly disagree with the venue choice.

As to your last point, we shall see. There is a lot of external pressure and everybody wants sports to resume. They have to try at least until it is proven to not be safe. At this current moment, it appears that it is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm at about 95%ish that it will get finished. I'd expect that if any players have health issues, they're aware of that as are the teams and league.

They likely have already presented the player and the team with whatever information is available re: their level of risk.

Any players with health issues on teams that will resume play should probably just stay away for their safety & their families safety.

Saw something the other day about older coaches possibly coaching from a location other than the bench. That shit won't fly. Noe coach is going to want to coach from the lockerroom.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just doing my part to help the league finish the season.

Some may call it heroic...:usa2:

but I'm far too humble to do that.

Tell the cheerleaders you're a vagina doctor & it's your duty to inspect all of them.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um
Any players with health issues on teams that will resume play should probably just stay away for their safety & their families safety.

Saw something the other day about older coaches possibly coaching from a location other than the bench. That shit won't fly. Noe coach is going to want to coach from the lockerroom.
Um, they will if they feel they need to take the precaution

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also strongly disagree with the venue choice.

I don't think the venue choice matters nearly as much as you do as long as it's the "bubble" that it sounds like it's supposed to be.

As for players "sneaking out" or whatever. I agree that it's certainly possible. 20 something year old males aren't always known for doing the smart thing.

But I'm not going to assume that they automatically will, especially since I'm sure the situation has been and will continue to be drummed into their heads.

That's also where veterans would need to step up and make sure they understand.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted earlier, those coaches can wear masks and since the arenas will be empty, they can sit a couple of rows behind the bench. Heck, some already do.