• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you believe what you want

Those conspiracies are nonsense. It takes like 10 seconds of actual critical thinking to see what you're talking about actually falls apart. You can challenge yourself to be a better person and citizen or you can continue to live in ignorance

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Don't forget cops trying to run over people here in NYC today

The video of the cop throwing that woman to the ground just another example. Couldn’t see what led up to it, but looked almost like a random act of violence as he was passing by.

They had one in NYC (though it might have been Minny, there's so much it blends together) where the police are driving down the street and one of the vehicles opens the door to side swipe a protestor who was minding their own business and walking peacefully. Knocked the person like 3 feet away and the cops kept on driving.

Had a situation in Atlanta last night where they've got a couple in a car, the police surround the car, start smashing the car, both occupants are sitting still hands up like wtf is going on and the police taser both of them and rip them out of the vehicle. Even if those occupants did anything to warrant detention or arrest, that police reaction is totally overblown and a blatant abuse.

This is what people are talking about when they are saying the policing system is broken and needs to be fully reformed. That behavior isn't a result of the riots, its an institutional problem that's bred into the training. It's a mindset of where its the police vs enemy combatants. It's the militarization of the police force where instead of being trained to deescalate and preserve rights, they are trained to neutralize any perceived threat and are given a wide range of leeway to do so by any means necessary regardless of if civil liberties are violated. And quite frankly, it doesn't matter if there are good cops out there joining the protests, walking alongside and keeping the peace. Because that's just a show. What matters is those same good cops taking the chance to dismantle the broken system and working to build something better.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those conspiracies are nonsense. It takes like 10 seconds of actual critical thinking to see what you're talking about actually falls apart. You can challenge yourself to be a better person and citizen or you can continue to live in ignorance

one word, Antifa . You are the ignorant one.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really believe that people aren’t being sent into these areas to stir up trouble? I’m all for peaceful protest but this shit has to stop before more people die.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really believe that people aren’t being sent into these areas to stir up trouble? I’m all for peaceful protest but this shit has to stop before more people die.
I do think people use peaceful protests to stir things up and get destructive and loot. I do not think it's some conspiracy of masterminds sending their minions out handing out wads of cash to hire people to do it. Some people just use any excuse to be thieves and assholes.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think people use peaceful protests to stir things up and get destructive and loot. I do not think it's some conspiracy of masterminds sending their minions out handing out wads of cash to hire people to do it. Some people just use any excuse to be thieves and assholes.

correct on the last part. I’ll just say I’m sure there will be more to follow on the rest, without question.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah he's right
You're way too partisan and wrapped up in cable news narratives. Politics isn't that important.

I don't typically buy conspiracy theories. But officials in the cities where these things are happening are saying that most of the arrests are from people that don't live in that city.

Minneapolis said something like 80% of their arrests were from outside the city.

If memory serves, they said the same thing in St. Louis a couple years ago.

There's also a fair amount of footage of protesters who, I assume actually live in these cities, trying to stop people from vandalizing and looting and saying things like "they'll blame us".

I don't know if there's some coordinated effort or if these people are being paid or not...but if there's any truth to what these city officials are saying, something fucky is going on.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some damage in OKC last night, not as bad as some other cities thank goodness. Peaceful lady protestor on the news, crying, saying no one knows who these people are or where they came from.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Denver for the most part the protests have been peaceful. The problems start in the evening when the jackasses looking to cause destruction show up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some damage in OKC last night, not as bad as some other cities thank goodness. Peaceful lady protestor on the news, crying, saying no one knows who these people are or where they came from.

Yeah, like I said, I don't know if there's some coordinated effort. But something doesn't seem right.

I know social media is a powerful thing, but I have a hard time buying that hundreds of people are just going to decide to drive hundreds of miles just to start shit because of twitter.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like I said, I don't know if there's some coordinated effort. But something doesn't seem right.

I know social media is a powerful thing, but I have a hard time buying that hundreds of people are just going to decide to drive hundreds of miles just to start shit because of twitter.

undortunately it really is this Antifa bunch, it’s coming out.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to those that don’t believe it, just speaking the truth here. Unfortunately crap like this takes the focus away from where it should be.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea it is hard to believe

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. There are people of all stripes ready to fuck things up given an opening. This isnt political, it's violent anarchic young assholes breaking stuff
These people are worthless scum

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Denver for the most part the protests have been peaceful. The problems start in the evening when the jackasses looking to cause destruction show up.
Exactly. It's not some shadowy conspiracy of the right or left. Some assholes just use any excuse to cause mayhem and steal. I hope they are punished harshly.