• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one word, Antifa . You are the ignorant one.

Let me know when you find that Antifa headquarters and member list. We'll be waiting.

But seriously, you just outed your ignorance. "Antifa" isn't a defined group. It's a belief system and even that isn't even loosely structured. There's hardly any defining ideology other than being anti-fascist (hence the name) and a general trend to support anarchy. To make an analogy of saying Antifa is out here acting as a group, this would be like claiming "White Nationalism" is a group. But even that isn't a perfect analogy, because groups that have white nationalist beliefs are more coordinated and organized (KKK, Proud Boys, etc) than those on the extreme left (which gets lumped together as "Antifa").

I don't typically buy conspiracy theories. But officials in the cities where these things are happening are saying that most of the arrests are from people that don't live in that city.

Minneapolis said something like 80% of their arrests were from outside the city.

If memory serves, they said the same thing in St. Louis a couple years ago.

There's also a fair amount of footage of protesters who, I assume actually live in these cities, trying to stop people from vandalizing and looting and saying things like "they'll blame us".

I don't know if there's some coordinated effort or if these people are being paid or not...but if there's any truth to what these city officials are saying, something fucky is going on.

There's nothing up and what happening is following basic logic. For one, the 80% number as of now, has no basis.They've offered no hard proof. Even still, it's not uncommon for "outsiders" to come into an area to protest. A very significant event took place in Minneapolis. It's a natural feeling and sentiment to show support against that injustice and it will compel people in the larger area to show up to that location to show their support (the exact same way people will drive for hours across state lines to attend a political rally). The longer it goes on, the more time people have to make the trip. When it turns to rioting, people that are looking to do more than just protest look to make the trip as well because now they have a chance to do something (something being a variety of thing from peaceful to violent). And the ones that really want to cause some ruckus? They will absolutely drive hours and hours if it means they can burn down a fast food joint or chuck a brick through a bank. Especially now when there's still lockdowns and people unemployed because it ain't like they got to go to work in the morning. They've got the time

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what you want, I’ll keep saying it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know when you find that Antifa headquarters and member list. We'll be waiting.

But seriously, you just outed your ignorance. "Antifa" isn't a defined group. It's a belief system and even that isn't even loosely structured. There's hardly any defining ideology other than being anti-fascist (hence the name) and a general trend to support anarchy. To make an analogy of saying Antifa is out here acting as a group, this would be like claiming "White Nationalism" is a group. But even that isn't a perfect analogy, because groups that have white nationalist beliefs are more coordinated and organized (KKK, Proud Boys, etc) than those on the extreme left (which gets lumped together as "Antifa").

There's nothing up and what happening is following basic logic. For one, the 80% number as of now, has no basis.They've offered no hard proof. Even still, it's not uncommon for "outsiders" to come into an area to protest. A very significant event took place in Minneapolis. It's a natural feeling and sentiment to show support against that injustice and it will compel people in the larger area to show up to that location to show their support (the exact same way people will drive for hours across state lines to attend a political rally). The longer it goes on, the more time people have to make the trip. When it turns to rioting, people that are looking to do more than just protest look to make the trip as well because now they have a chance to do something (something being a variety of thing from peaceful to violent). And the ones that really want to cause some ruckus? They will absolutely drive hours and hours if it means they can burn down a fast food joint or chuck a brick through a bank. Especially now when there's still lockdowns and people unemployed because it ain't like they got to go to work in the morning. They've got the time

They said that 80% of the arrests that have taken place were from outside of Minneapolis.

When people are arrested, it's logged into the system with all of their personal information. That means they have actual statistics to pull from. I don't know if it's 80% or not, but I'm also sure they're not just pulling numbers out of their ass.

And sorry, that many people aren't driving to other states just to burn a McDonald's just because they see shit on the news or twitter.

There's even footage of an Antifa person appearing to pay some folks to riot.

Something doesn't smell right.

You can deny all of the reports you want. I'll take what's actually being reported by the people who are there and dealing with this.

And spare me your Antifa doesn't have members speech. They are organizing in some fashion and acting as a group. When they start getting arrested and charged, they'll find out real quick that they're members whether Antifa has members or not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had one in NYC (though it might have been Minny, there's so much it blends together) where the police are driving down the street and one of the vehicles opens the door to side swipe a protestor who was minding their own business and walking peacefully. Knocked the person like 3 feet away and the cops kept on driving.

Had a situation in Atlanta last night where they've got a couple in a car, the police surround the car, start smashing the car, both occupants are sitting still hands up like wtf is going on and the police taser both of them and rip them out of the vehicle. Even if those occupants did anything to warrant detention or arrest, that police reaction is totally overblown and a blatant abuse.

This is what people are talking about when they are saying the policing system is broken and needs to be fully reformed. That behavior isn't a result of the riots, its an institutional problem that's bred into the training. It's a mindset of where its the police vs enemy combatants. It's the militarization of the police force where instead of being trained to deescalate and preserve rights, they are trained to neutralize any perceived threat and are given a wide range of leeway to do so by any means necessary regardless of if civil liberties are violated. And quite frankly, it doesn't matter if there are good cops out there joining the protests, walking alongside and keeping the peace. Because that's just a show. What matters is those same good cops taking the chance to dismantle the broken system and working to build something better.

Yeah. I don’t know much about how police officers are actually trained, but your theory makes a lot of sense.

Deescalation should always come before force. And if it is engrained in these guys to take over hostile situations by show of force, that is what they will do.

Sometimes it is needed. More often than not it isn’t.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like I said, I don't know if there's some coordinated effort. But something doesn't seem right.

I know social media is a powerful thing, but I have a hard time buying that hundreds of people are just going to decide to drive hundreds of miles just to start shit because of twitter.

Honestly neither of these explanations make much sense.

They are definitely organized, but these people aren’t getting paid to go cause trouble. The most plausible explanation is that they are militant groups from around the country who connect online. They probably are communicating about where to go and when, but it is silly to suggest they are getting paid to do it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly neither of these explanations make much sense.

They are definitely organized, but these people aren’t getting paid to go cause trouble. The most plausible explanation is that they are militant groups from around the country who connect online. They probably are communicating about where to go and when, but it is silly to suggest they are getting paid to do it.

For the most part I agree. That's why I say something doesn't smell right.

As for people being paid, I'm not completely convinced either way. Apparently there's video of some Antifa "member" paying some folks to riot.

Here in California there was evidence in 2016/17 of people being paid to show up to anti-Trump protests. To be fair, these protests were all peaceful. No rioting etc. that I remember other than Antifa showed up and attacked Trump supporters a couple of times.

If memory serves, there were actually ads on craigslist offering to pay people to show up at these protests. My son and I even joked about doing it if it paid enough. lol

I will say though, there's a big difference between folks accepting pay to show up to a peaceful protest where there's little fear of arrest or injury and accepting money to risk being injured, arrested or worse. So that makes paying people to actually riot a bit suspect.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will have a baseball season. It is June 1st tomorrow and it seems like they made zero steps in starting a season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why people hate cops.....they're embarrassing

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put the news on
This plus the pandemic which if experts are correct will spike huge with recent events

A protest in May has nothing to do with basketball or Hockey that both are not starting until July.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya because this is just going to go away soon.

This isn't the first protest ever.

I'll be shocked if people are still protesting a week from now. These things don't last very long.

Give it a few more days and it'll be over until the trial. Now if the Cop gets acquitted whenever is trial is then that's another story but yeah you're crazy if you think this is going to happen from now until July.

There's a reason it is a big deal that this is the 5th or 6th day of protesting because these things last a couple of days and that is all

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the first protest ever.

I'll be shocked if people are still protesting a week from now. These things don't last very long.

Give it a few more days and it'll be over until the trial. Now if the Cop gets acquitted whenever is trial is then that's another story but yeah you're crazy if you think this is going to happen from now until July.

There's a reason it is a big deal that this is the 5th or 6th day of protesting because these things last a couple of days and that is all

Hope you are right.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what you want, I’ll keep saying it.

Because that's all you can say. You've got nothing. This isn't a "belief" thing. This its what's real. There is not some grand conspiracy of someone paying off Antifa (which isn't an actual group). This isn't a I believe this situation. You're just denying reality.