• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said that 80% of the arrests that have taken place were from outside of Minneapolis.

When people are arrested, it's logged into the system with all of their personal information. That means they have actual statistics to pull from. I don't know if it's 80% or not, but I'm also sure they're not just pulling numbers out of their ass.

And sorry, that many people aren't driving to other states just to burn a McDonald's just because they see shit on the news or twitter.

There's even footage of an Antifa person appearing to pay some folks to riot.

Something doesn't smell right.

You can deny all of the reports you want. I'll take what's actually being reported by the people who are there and dealing with this.

And spare me your Antifa doesn't have members speech. They are organizing in some fashion and acting as a group. When they start getting arrested and charged, they'll find out real quick that they're members whether Antifa has members or not.

They said 80% and released no info, which they could because as you said, they do log it. And again, even if it is a high number, its not indicative that the arrests are just outside aggressors (anarchists, far right groups, general looters, etc). People do show up to just protest and all the arrests aren't just for property destruction so its feasible that some people from neighboring states are in the arrest record that got picked up for breaking curfew and whatever else they're charging non-violent protestors with.

And sorry, they absolutely do travel to reek havoc. Hell, there is a far left anarchy group that literally TRAVELS THE WORLD to cause riot and disrupt. They infiltrate protests like this, show up and cause riots at WTO meetings G7 (8, 20 ever how many countries in attendance), etc (there's no evidence that they are in these current riots btw. I'm just using it as an example). And that's on the extreme end of an example of people that will look for any reason to jump in on a volatile situation. There's absolutely people in neighboring states that would cross over state lines to take advantage of a situation like MN. You are dead wrong on this. I suggest doing more reading on the history of riots in this country for the last 100 years (where you're also read that the myth of "paid off by leftist organizations" has been around for the entire time with no concrete proof either). Hell, you don't even have to do that. Just go re-read about the Unite The Right rally from a couple of years ago. That was nothing but Far Right nationalists groups traveling from across the country to instigate and cause trouble. People will travel for this shit.

And once again, Antifa is not a centralized organization no matter how many times uninformed people or outright biased right wing news repeats it. "Antifa" is a blanket term. It stands for "anti-fascists". It's more a set of ideas and protest strategies. There's no structure, there's no coordination. There are groups that have "antifa" in their names but these groups often aren't even aligned with each other at all. Some solely exist to monitor, document, and counter act Far Right nationalist groups (hence the name anti-fascists). Some have don't even fight for the same things. Describing a potential protester as "Antifa" is meaningless because there is no defined group and structure. It could mean any number of different things, none of which is the "far left terrorist and rioter" description that some are trying to portray it to mean. It doesn't work like that. It's way more broad and complicated. It isn't like the other end of the spectrum where the Far Right has many defined, organized racists, fascists, and white nationalist groups.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad fact of the matter is, you have the president of the United States - the leader of the country, calling peaceful protesters “sons of bitches that need to get fired” when they kneel on football fields.

What kind of message does that send?

I completely disagree with the rioting and looting but I can almost understand what young black people feel like when even the leader of your country doesn’t even attempt to listen what the problem is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad fact of the matter is, you have the president of the United States - the leader of the country, calling peaceful protesters “sons of bitches that need to get fired” when they kneel on football fields.

I completely disagree with the rioting and looting but I can almost understand what young black people feel like when even the leader of your country doesn’t even attempt to listen what the problem is.

Also doesn't help that this has been going on since Tuesday (riots really kicked off Wednesday and escalated from there) and he's yet to give a proper address. Not that I'd expect him to suddenly develop empathy for the first time in his life but to go that long without literally any kind of formal address shows a total lack of real leadership

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will have a baseball season. It is June 1st tomorrow and it seems like they made zero steps in starting a season

Unfortunately I agree with you.

Really bad look for baseball, but the owners have to be willing to take a loss here and it doesn’t appear that they are.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing im noticing is there's 2 groups of people in most of these states.

There are people in the day who usually doing the peaceful protest then there are those who come out in the night who intentions are to loot

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing im noticing is there's 2 groups of people in most of these states.

There are people in the day who usually doing the peaceful protest then there are those who come out in the night who intentions are to loot

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I agree with you.

Really bad look for baseball, but the owners have to be willing to take a loss here and it doesn’t appear that they are.

We're getting close to do or die for them. I think late June is that time. Doesn't seem they have much interest in ending the season later than usual so starting a season in August seems pretty stupid and with the 3 or 4 weeks of Spring Training 2.0 necessary then i think they need to be back in camps by mid to late June

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting close to do or die for them. I think late June is that time. Doesn't seem they have much interest in ending the season later than usual so starting a season in August seems pretty stupid and with the 3 or 4 weeks of Spring Training 2.0 necessary then i think they need to be back in camps by mid to late June

June 10th was the date that was going around last week. If they don’t have a deal in place by then, the season will likely be called off.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 10th was the date that was going around last week. If they don’t have a deal in place by then, the season will likely be called off.

Can't see them coming to an agreement by that date

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY want to take this thread back to the NBA. Plenty of room elsewhere for political stuff. And the return of basketball is literally the only good news I can remember in months.

You'll get no argument here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't see them coming to an agreement by that date

This is part of the reason why baseball has gone from "America's Pastime" to 3rd most popular professional sport and falling. At the rate they're going, baseball is gonna end up behind sawker. lol

We'll see if baseball is smart enough to figure out that canceling the season because they couldn't agree on money, in this climate, is going to make them look really bad.

Hopefully, someone will come to their senses.

I get the owners not wanting to lose any money. No one wants to lose money. The people who have lost their jobs because of this thing (aka many fans), didn't want that to happen either.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep saying it. Worst. President. Ever...

and like you, i don't condone violent protests or looting either, but being hit in the wallet seems to be the only time anyone listens...

#BlackMan'sPerspective

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY want to take this thread back to the NBA. Plenty of room elsewhere for political stuff. And the return of basketball is literally the only good news I can remember in months.

It's getting to the point where it hurts to talk about. I got emotional about it a the breakfast table today. And I'm not a crier. We are killing ourselves

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is part of the reason why baseball has gone from "America's Pastime" to 3rd most popular professional sport and falling. At the rate they're going, baseball is gonna end up behind sawker. lol

We'll see if baseball is smart enough to figure out that canceling the season because they couldn't agree on money, in this climate, is going to make them look really bad.

Hopefully, someone will come to their senses.

I get the owners not wanting to lose any money. No one wants to lose money. The people who have lost their jobs because of this thing (aka many fans), didn't want that to happen either.

Agreed.

I haven’t heard any speciation about this because the focus has always been about finishing the current NBA season. Everybody clearly wants to do that.

But starting next year could be difficult.

The salary cap is based on revenue. Revenue is going to be WAY down this season. What if next season they are still playing in empty arenas (likely I believe)? There is a very real possibility of similar labor disputes going down in the NBA. Cap will be down and even teams projected to be below the tax line may have major tax bills with less revenue.

Could get ugly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could understand protesting if the MPD didn't act quickly on this. But they did. They fired all 4 officers. The guy who had his knee on Mr. Floyd's neck has been arrested and it's looking like there may be some more arrests.

Not sure what more people want.

Other than free tv's that is.
Right? This isn't like the Rodney King beating where the looting took place after the guy was let off for his crime.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

I haven’t heard any speciation about this because the focus has always been about finishing the current NBA season. Everybody clearly wants to do that.

But starting next year could be difficult.

The salary cap is based on revenue. Revenue is going to be WAY down this season. What if next season they are still playing in empty arenas (likely I believe)? There is a very real possibility of similar labor disputes going down in the NBA. Cap will be down and even teams projected to be below the tax line may have major tax bills with less revenue.

Could get ugly.
Maybe they will try and do something similar to what they tried to do when a major cap spike was coming a few years ago? If memory serves, they asked the players to allow the cap to go up over a period of years but not all at once. Players balked, of course.

Would be karma if players this time asked owners to lower it over a period of years as opposed to all at once and owners told them to hit the bricks.

Friend of mine keeps ripping the Browns (yeah, often not hard) for having so much cap room. Keep trying to remind him for same reasons you mention for the NBA the cap could actually go down next year in NFL and might not be wise to spend it all now.