• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you say Frost and Farabee are better players than Schenn when they haven't played one game in the NHL? :doh:

This roster that your talking about that wins Stanley cup is that our team? because right now we are the 14th best in the odds to win a cup and that is being generous,

Missed the 'IF' in my statement.

And any roster that wins the Stanley Cup. It's about more than one trade. You can't look at the Schenn trade to the Blues and say it cost the Flyers a cup because it gave the Blues a cup. That's not how it works. Same for the Richards/Carter trades.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. Not a good one anyway. I think if Shaw comes in to the fold he's a 3C and Patrick is your 2C again.

Shaw is a decent 5 on 5 player and he agitates. Unless something more than Shaw is the center piece, I can't see how a Shaw/Ghost deal works for the Flyers. If Shaw is the major return, that would be an awful deal for the Flyers.
My concern is panic if Hayes doesn't sign. I saw he like CBJ or Arizona (????) and didn't realize how much space the CBJ's have if Panarin doesn't sign. If they resign Duschene, do they want to spend $$$ on Hayes? I also saw Byron mentioned instead of Shaw. I think that would be even worse. If it's Montreal, I think it has to be Drouin.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Giroux some scoring threat help ---- and impose defense discipline and we won't have to anguish over who to root for in the Cup Finals
Both the teams that were in the finals this year have no cap problems and are not losing any big pieces. It may be round two next season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the 'IF' in my statement.

And any roster that wins the Stanley Cup. It's about more than one trade. You can't look at the Schenn trade to the Blues and say it cost the Flyers a cup because it gave the Blues a cup. That's not how it works. Same for the Richards/Carter trades.
Well we are no closer to winning a cup because of that trade at the present time and that trade was 2 years ago. All i know is Schenn just hoisted the cup and we missed the playoffs the last two years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is panic if Hayes doesn't sign. I saw he like CBJ or Arizona (????) and didn't realize how much space the CBJ's have if Panarin doesn't sign. If they resign Duschene, do they want to spend $$$ on Hayes? I also saw Byron mentioned instead of Shaw. I think that would be even worse. If it's Montreal, I think it has to be Drouin.
I hope he doesn't force us to over pay for him and we jump at the chance to do it.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he doesn't force us to over pay for him and we jump at the chance to do it.
It only was a 5th for the negotiating rights, but Hayes seems to have the upper hand at this point.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS.. St. Louis was 40-1 at this time last year. Wish I could find the odds against in January 2019 !

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS.. St. Louis was 40-1 at this time last year. Wish I could find the odds against in January 2019 !
As soon as our discarded coach Berube got there he turned that team around and brought home the cup.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are no closer to winning a cup because of that trade at the present time and that trade was 2 years ago. All i know is Schenn just hoisted the cup and we missed the playoffs the last two years.
As of today, I don't think we are any FURTHER from winning the Cup because of that trade. What we are closer to is getting off of the sugar highs from signing random free agents and now being a perennial contender. It takes more than a little luck to have everything fall into place for the Cup run, or on the opposite end, for the best team on paper to exit quietly - Bolts.

Still think it comes down to coaching - preparation AND game day plus a front office that gets the best players suited to how the coach wants to play.

BTW.. flyers and penguins won the exact same number of playoff games this year

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today, I don't think we are any FURTHER from winning the Cup because of that trade. What we are closer to is getting off of the sugar highs from signing random free agents and now being a perennial contender. It takes more than a little luck to have everything fall into place for the Cup run, or on the opposite end, for the best team on paper to exit quietly - Bolts.

Still think it comes down to coaching - preparation AND game day plus a front office that gets the best players suited to how the coach wants to play.

BTW.. flyers and penguins won the exact same number of playoff games this year
Did you just mention that the Pens who have 3 cups since 2009 in the same sentence as our team who doesn't have a cup in 45 years?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just mention that the Pens who have 3 cups since 2009 in the same sentence as our team who doesn't have a cup in 45 years?
You bet I did.... It's all about right NOW... isn't it ?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right NOW the Blues just hoisted the cup and not us for the 45th year in a row.
That's where you and I agree. You either win the cup, or you're one of 30 teams that DIDN"T. I can't stand being perennially mediocre... I've only been watching Hockey (and a Flyers fan) for 29 years...And my Browns haven't won a championship for the last 55 years, so I know suffering.

I believe Flyers are finally on the right track... but we won't know until they hit the ice in October. I hope they get rid of AMac, and all the mediocre middle career guys..... get a scorer, and play the youth

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. Flyers trade Gudas for Niskanen.