• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that lineup could compete for a cup. This years team had the following holes:

1. Goaltending - Solved with Hart. Very well could be a strength.

2. PK - Adding Hayes, Trouba, and Hagelin to the PK, plus new coaching. So your carry overs are Laughton, Giroux, Couturier, Gudas, Provorov, and Hagg. That has the makings of a PK that's a strength, not a weakness. Especially considering goaltending improvements.

3. 2C - Hayes. Not elite, but certainly an upgrade. And Patrick should slot in as one of the better 3Cs.

4. Size - Hayes (6-5, 215), Trouba (6-3, 202), plus a full season of Myers (6-5, 210)

5. Speed - Somewhat unaddressed, but Hagelin does bring speed obviously. Myers is a great skater. Trouba is a good skater.

I really like the way that team looks. If they play the right way, that could be a very difficult team to play against. That JvR-Hayes-Voracek line is probably one of the heaviest lines in the league. Lindblom and Patrick would be the same way. Outside of that 2nd line, which still has Hayes, those are 3 very good defensive lines. Provorov-Trouba would be a bonafide top pair in this league. Ghost has played top pair at a high level before and he'd be on your 3rd pair.

Obviously you need the young guys to progress, but IMO, there's a path to cup contention with that roster.
Whats the backup plan if we dont sign Hayes?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the backup plan if we dont sign Hayes?

Probably trade for one. Which is why I've come around so much on Hayes.

Any discussions of Duchene seem to talk about returning to CBJ or going to NSH. Thornton said he's retiring or going to SJ. Nobody seems to think Pavelski is leaving SJ. After that it's Marcus Johansson, Derek Brassard, and Colin Wilson who are no more than 3Cs at this point.

IMO, if they don't sign Hayes and want to add a legitimate C, they deal Ghost for one.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seravalli, who I think is probably the most connected Flyers guy there is, says Hayes was impressed with the Flyers, but doesn't think they're his #1 choice. Mentioned CBJ and PHX. But 'money talks' and they could convince him not to go to market July 1.

I assume CBJ would be more especially interested if they didn't get Duchene. And why would anyone be interested in PHX?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Brayden Schenn and The St.Louis Blues
Special shout out to that old hockey guru @Maverick426h ,what was it you were saying about Schenn? Lol.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers are 25-1 Odds for 2019/20 Stanley Cup... Believe they were 40-1 at this point last year.... The "Hart Effect" I'd say. That's 14th best Odds.....

Question is... will they have to rename the Jack Adams award since Berube is an INTERIM Head Coach as the Boston announcer seemed to emphasize..... Still wanted to punch Marchand in the face. Crying... seriously ? It's Hockey

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we hear about Hayes one way or the other today.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers are 25-1 Odds for 2019/20 Stanley Cup... Believe they were 40-1 at this point last year.... The "Hart Effect" I'd say. That's 14th best Odds.....

Question is... will they have to rename the Jack Adams award since Berube is an INTERIM Head Coach as the Boston announcer seemed to emphasize..... Still wanted to punch Marchand in the face. Crying... seriously ? It's Hockey

The nice thing is, Marchand's crying face will live on the internet forever now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

14th best odds is being quite generous IMO with a few playoff teams behind us.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Brayden Schenn on winning the cup. We traded you away because of your 5.1 salary and now we are trying to sign lesser player for 6.5 to play the same position.

Congratulations to Craig "Chief" Berube we threw you away and you went on to take a team with the least points in the league and brought them a cup. Well done.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably trade for one. Which is why I've come around so much on Hayes.

Any discussions of Duchene seem to talk about returning to CBJ or going to NSH. Thornton said he's retiring or going to SJ. Nobody seems to think Pavelski is leaving SJ. After that it's Marcus Johansson, Derek Brassard, and Colin Wilson who are no more than 3Cs at this point.

IMO, if they don't sign Hayes and want to add a legitimate C, they deal Ghost for one.
Do you think Andrew Shaw is a 2C? I don't think I would like a deal with Shaw and Ghost, but if Hayes doesn't sign. Not sure what else Montreal would have to throw in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Andrew Shaw is a 2C? I don't think I would like a deal with Shaw and Ghost, but if Hayes doesn't sign. Not sure what else Montreal would have to throw in.

I don't. Not a good one anyway. I think if Shaw comes in to the fold he's a 3C and Patrick is your 2C again.

Shaw is a decent 5 on 5 player and he agitates. Unless something more than Shaw is the center piece, I can't see how a Shaw/Ghost deal works for the Flyers. If Shaw is the major return, that would be an awful deal for the Flyers.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Brayden Schenn on winning the cup. We traded you away because we got two high end prospects for you and now we are trying to sign lesser player for 6.5 to play the same position.

Fixed.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did get those prospects and now both have to win a cup just to get even with Schenn.

We don't have to go around in circles again :). IMO, if Frost and/or Farabee are better players than Schenn, it's a good trade for the Flyers. Regardless of cups. Putting together a roster that wins a Stanley Cup is far bigger than just one trade.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we keeping pick number 11 or trading it away? If we trade it for whom would you take back?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to go around in circles again :). IMO, if Frost and/or Farabee are better players than Schenn, it's a good trade for the Flyers. Regardless of cups. Putting together a roster that wins a Stanley Cup is far bigger than just one trade.
How could you say Frost and Farabee are better players than Schenn when they haven't played one game in the NHL? :doh:

This roster that your talking about that wins Stanley cup is that our team? because right now we are the 14th best in the odds to win a cup and that is being generous,

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Giroux some scoring threat help ---- and impose defense discipline and we won't have to anguish over who to root for in the Cup Finals