• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm thinking about this on the way in this morning, listening to BSH Radio (fun podcast if anyone is interested)..

What if the Flyers sign Hayes, trade for Trouba (w/out giving up Ghost, Farabee, or Frost), and then sign a 3rd line wing (Hagelin/Donskoi/etc)?

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny (2x2.3)
JvR-Hayes (6x6.5) -Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Hagelin (3x2.4)
Raffl-Laughton (2x1.7)-Hartman (2x2.5)

Provorov (6x6.7)-Trouba (5x7.3)
Sanheim (2x2.9)-Myers
Ghost-Gudas

Hart
Talbot (2x2)

That team is the definition of depth. And using EW's projections (inflated Hayes some based on Nelson's deal), carrying Hagg, AMac, Vorobyev, and $1M after demoting Schlemko, you're at $82.8M. That's probably tighter than they want to go, assuming the cap is $83M. And I'm guessing they don't want to bridge both Sanheim and Konency. But there's some wiggle room. You can still save $3.8M this year (by spending $1.9M next year), if you buy out AMac. Maybe I'm generous on Talbot too. And maybe you skip the Hagelin deal.

But man, on paper that team looks really good IMO.
Our teams always look good on paper although id have to say this team you put together looks good i dont think it has Stanley cup written on them.

I do like Hagelin as he is a good penalty killer which we sorely need and im still up in the air about Hartman. I think hes young and fiesty which i like and could put up 35 point on the 4th line which is also good but 2.5 is a lot to give a fourth liner .

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our teams always look good on paper although id have to say this team you put together looks good i dont think it has Stanley cup written on them.

I do like Hagelin as he is a good penalty killer which we sorely need and im still up in the air about Hartman. I think hes young and fiesty which i like and could put up 35 point on the 4th line which is also good but 2.5 is a lot to give a fourth liner .

I think that lineup could compete for a cup. This years team had the following holes:

1. Goaltending - Solved with Hart. Very well could be a strength.

2. PK - Adding Hayes, Trouba, and Hagelin to the PK, plus new coaching. So your carry overs are Laughton, Giroux, Couturier, Gudas, Provorov, and Hagg. That has the makings of a PK that's a strength, not a weakness. Especially considering goaltending improvements.

3. 2C - Hayes. Not elite, but certainly an upgrade. And Patrick should slot in as one of the better 3Cs.

4. Size - Hayes (6-5, 215), Trouba (6-3, 202), plus a full season of Myers (6-5, 210)

5. Speed - Somewhat unaddressed, but Hagelin does bring speed obviously. Myers is a great skater. Trouba is a good skater.

I really like the way that team looks. If they play the right way, that could be a very difficult team to play against. That JvR-Hayes-Voracek line is probably one of the heaviest lines in the league. Lindblom and Patrick would be the same way. Outside of that 2nd line, which still has Hayes, those are 3 very good defensive lines. Provorov-Trouba would be a bonafide top pair in this league. Ghost has played top pair at a high level before and he'd be on your 3rd pair.

Obviously you need the young guys to progress, but IMO, there's a path to cup contention with that roster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that lineup could compete for a cup. This years team had the following holes:

1. Goaltending - Solved with Hart. Very well could be a strength.

2. PK - Adding Hayes, Trouba, and Hagelin to the PK, plus new coaching. So your carry overs are Laughton, Giroux, Couturier, Gudas, Provorov, and Hagg. That has the makings of a PK that's a strength, not a weakness. Especially considering goaltending improvements.

3. 2C - Hayes. Not elite, but certainly an upgrade. And Patrick should slot in as one of the better 3Cs.

4. Size - Hayes (6-5, 215), Trouba (6-3, 202), plus a full season of Myers (6-5, 210)

5. Speed - Somewhat unaddressed, but Hagelin does bring speed obviously. Myers is a great skater. Trouba is a good skater.

I really like the way that team looks. If they play the right way, that could be a very difficult team to play against. That JvR-Hayes-Voracek line is probably one of the heaviest lines in the league. Lindblom and Patrick would be the same way. Outside of that 2nd line, which still has Hayes, those are 3 very good defensive lines. Provorov-Trouba would be a bonafide top pair in this league. Ghost has played top pair at a high level before and he'd be on your 3rd pair.

Obviously you need the young guys to progress, but IMO, there's a path to cup contention with that roster.
You always look through rose colored glasses :suds:

I would flip flop JVR and Lindblom

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm thinking about this on the way in this morning, listening to BSH Radio (fun podcast if anyone is interested)..

What if the Flyers sign Hayes, trade for Trouba (w/out giving up Ghost, Farabee, or Frost), and then sign a 3rd line wing (Hagelin/Donskoi/etc)?

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny (2x2.3)
JvR-Hayes (6x6.5) -Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Hagelin (3x2.4)
Raffl-Laughton (2x1.7)-Hartman (2x2.5)

Provorov (6x6.7)-Trouba (5x7.3)
Sanheim (2x2.9)-Myers
Ghost-Gudas

Hart
Talbot (2x2)

That team is the definition of depth. And using EW's projections (inflated Hayes some based on Nelson's deal), carrying Hagg, AMac, Vorobyev, and $1M after demoting Schlemko, you're at $82.8M. That's probably tighter than they want to go, assuming the cap is $83M. And I'm guessing they don't want to bridge both Sanheim and Konency. But there's some wiggle room. You can still save $3.8M this year (by spending $1.9M next year), if you buy out AMac. Maybe I'm generous on Talbot too. And maybe you skip the Hagelin deal.

But man, on paper that team looks really good IMO.
Can someone explain to me the fascination this board has in Trouba? All these scenarios have the Flyers trading for his rights one way or another. Winnipeg has 25 million to spend this off-season. I realize they have parts to sign back as well, but a lot of the scenarios being thrown out have the Flyers doing bridge deals for some of their RFAs. How come this isn't an option for Trouba? I just don't see Winnipeg dealing him. For how much he is being thrown around in scenarios, you gotta think they know his value as well.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me the fascination this board has in Trouba? All these scenarios have the Flyers trading for his rights one way or another. Winnipeg has 25 million to spend this off-season. I realize they have parts to sign back as well, but a lot of the scenarios being thrown out have the Flyers doing bridge deals for some of their RFAs. How come this isn't an option for Trouba? I just don't see Winnipeg dealing him. For how much he is being thrown around in scenarios, you gotta think they know his value as well.

I thought the same thing Eville. But Trouba has said he doesn't want to sign long term in Winnipeg and has even asked for a trade previously. And had a contentious arbitration meeting last summer. Lots of the national guys seem to think this summer is a 'time to get something for him, before we lose him for nothing' summer.

What should Trouba get in a trade?

^Jets blog

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/6517073-suitors-aplenty-for-winnipeg-jets-jacob-trouba

4th paragraph

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An awful lot of rumors floating around about Ghost to Montreal for Byron/Shaw +.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers still working on their pending RFAs
Sam Carchidi of the Inquirer
: Philadelphia Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher is still working to re-sign restricted free agents Ivan Provorov, Travis Konecny, Travis Sanheim, Scott Laughton, and Ryan Hartman, and it hasn’t been an easy task. Sides have discussed short- and long-termed deals.

“It seems like that market is becoming a little more aggressively priced based on the last couple years.”

Teams and players appear to be waiting to see what others are doing.

“…My sense is that everybody is kind of waiting for everybody else to do something. I don’t think anything will happen quickly, but we’re hopeful we’ll get everything done.”

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An awful lot of rumors floating around about Ghost to Montreal for Byron/Shaw +.

Seems hokey to me. Not seeing any of the big names reporting anything on it, so I'm not going to fret.

IMO, there's not a deal to be made around those names.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems hokey to me. Not seeing any of the big names reporting anything on it, so I'm not going to fret.

IMO, there's not a deal to be made around those names.
I checked their stats and neither seems like a great improvement.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Atlantic city over the weekend and they have sports gambling now and i saw the spread for the US women was 4.5 and i said to myself that seems like a lot of goals to give in soccer so i didn't bet it. :gaah:
It is a lot, but you have to take into consideration that this is the USA women's soccer and not the underachieving men's team. USA women's is a superpower and are favored again to win it all. They can score at will pretty much, especially like a team Thailand. I would have taken that over her without thinking twice. That being said, the competition only gets tougher once the knockout stage comes. I would watch out for France to be the team who may pull the upset in this tournament. They are the hosts so that helps.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a lot, but you have to take into consideration that this is the USA women's soccer and not the underachieving men's team. USA women's is a superpower and are favored again to win it all. They can score at will pretty much, especially like a team Thailand. I would have taken that over her without thinking twice. That being said, the competition only gets tougher once the knockout stage comes. I would watch out for France to be the team who may pull the upset in this tournament. They are the hosts so that helps.
USA! USA! USA! USA!:usa2: