• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this morning that teams released players to go 'home'. Wherever that is, whatever country it's in. So that's an indicator that they're not thinking of any hockey related activities in the near future.
Definitely not looking good but it really depends on the spike. If it happens sooner and trends down they could play some games on TV only. Hockey players on the ice with gloves and face masks are pretty safe. Make the coaches where shields too haha! Either way they'd definitely have to get right into playoffs but maybe a mini-round could be played as well for the wildcard teams. Some 5 game series first few rounds too.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we haven't heard from Las lately, I have to assume he went to China to kick somebody's ass for fucking up hockey season! Man this is boring and it sucks!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we haven't heard from Las lately, I have to assume he went to China to kick somebody's ass for fucking up hockey season! Man this is boring and it sucks!
Ha just working from home. Nothing to comment on. This is terrible.

PS JVR washes his hands less than 20 seconds

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! It sure stinks not having sports to fall back on. My son's surgery has been postponed till sometime over the summer. As far as work goes, it's only a matter of time before I get quarantined because of the field of work I'm in. I'll be mandated and stuck in quarantine for two weeks. Be safe everyone and don't do anything stupid.:suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! It sure stinks not having sports to fall back on. My son's surgery has been postponed till sometime over the summer. As far as work goes, it's only a matter of time before I get quarantined because of the field of work I'm in. I'll be mandated and stuck in quarantine for two weeks. Be safe everyone and don't do anything stupid.:suds:
Be safe! Cant go anywhere here because most everything is closed so i went out and stocked up on the essentials liquor and beer. :suds:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spent a week getting ready to send everyone home to work remote. We do heavy Computer Aided Design work... an added layer of hassle to make it work over normal home-type internet connections.......

Hoping in a few weeks we will see light at the end of this tunnel.....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spent a week getting ready to send everyone home to work remote. We do heavy Computer Aided Design work... an added layer of hassle to make it work over normal home-type internet connections.......

Hoping in a few weeks we will see light at the end of this tunnel.....
This work from home thing is getting boring already and it will be at least one more week..No hockey is just a cruel joke on all of us. :doh:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This work from home thing is getting boring already and it will be at least one more week..No hockey is just a cruel joke on all of us. :doh:
Lucky for me I have a 2 year old who never seems to be out of energy. Hockey would be a welcome break right now!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sports for a long time. I hope your daughter is enjoying he daddy and me time.
I have a sneaky feeling that we're going to 9sports back sooner than later. Just a hunch but I think this Covoid 19 is going to run a pretty quick course.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a sneaky feeling that we're going to 9sports back sooner than later. Just a hunch but I think this Covoid 19 is going to run a pretty quick course.
What makes you say that? We, as a country, are currently in the same place that Italy was 2 weeks ago and they are on complete lock down. We, as a country, were not prepared for this type of disruption. Tests were not readily available, citizens not following social distancing and staying home unless absolutely necessary, etc... has allowed this virus to continue to spread at a rapid pace.

Now that tests are becoming more and more available the numbers are going to spike. I wouldn't expect things to go back to "normal" until June at best.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you say that? We, as a country, are currently in the same place that Italy was 2 weeks ago and they are on complete lock down. We, as a country, were not prepared for this type of disruption. Tests were not readily available, citizens not following social distancing and staying home unless absolutely necessary, etc... has allowed this virus to continue to spread at a rapid pace.

Now that tests are becoming more and more available the numbers are going to spike. I wouldn't expect things to go back to "normal" until June at best.

Been isolated since Friday after work when Mrs. Awaz got home from a work trip to Germany. We've ventured out a couple of times, but it was either a bike ride / run, or to pick up food. No symptoms yet *knock on wood*. Work has us working from home this week and next week, at least.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing to do in a time like this is look ahead to next year! See if we can't get some hockey discussion going.

For next year the Flyers have:

Giroux (8.275) -- Couturier (4.3) -- Voracek (8.25)
Farabee (.925) -- Hayes (7.1) -- Konecny (5.5
JvR (7) -- XX -- Laughton (2.3)
Raffl (1.6) -- XX -- XX

Provorov (6.75) -- Niskanen (5.75)
Sanheim (3.25) -- XX
Gostisbehere (4.5) -- XX

Hart (.730)
XX

Which is a total of $66.2M to the cap. The projections prior to the virus were that the cap would go up a few million. With the hit they're taking due to the virus, no way that happens. I think the most optimistic projection would say it stays flat, 81.5M

Other players of note:
Nolan Patrick (RFA) -
I think he's made enough progress this season to expect him back next season. I think he slides in to the 3C role. What type of contract does he get though? I wonder if he gets something similar to what Laughton is on now, something like 2 years, 2.5M. He hasn't proven his potential out beyond like a 15-20 game stretch, and now he has the migraine risk. The Flyers made a similar deal with Brayden Schenn at this juncture in his career too (2 x 2.5M).

Phil Myers (RFA) - He's a no brainer to bring back, but what does his contract look like? At this juncture I think he's got fewer GP than Sanheim did when he signed his 3.25M bridge deal, but Myers has played higher in the lineup for the bulk of that GP. I think the Flyers try to buy some UFA years with Myers. Get at least 3-4 years out of him. Maybe that takes 4M? I'm going to say 4 years, 4M for Myers. He plugs in to the 2nd pair.

Robert Hagg (RFA) - He's been about as stable a 3rd pair guy as you could ask for this season. Nothing flashy, but he's not hurting you. I think they could get him on the defensive version of Raffl's deal, 1-2 years, 1.6M. He plugs in to your 3rd pair.

Sam Morin (.7) - Big Sam is still under contract for one more year. Does he go in to the fall as your #7? Do you sign some depth? What about Zamula (.76), does he push for NHL time? I think York plays another year in college.

Oskar Lindblom (RFA) - Obviously you'd love to get him back in the lineup. But I think it's far to early to think that's a realistic option. And what kind of contract does he sign? He's in unprecedent waters.

Morgan Frost (.86) - Frost is signed for next year and 21-22. With Patrick back in the fold, does Frost try to win the 3rd line wing spot? If so, does Laughton become the best 4th liner in the league? Do you do something with JvR instead? Does Frost earn consistent NHL time even? Or do the Flyers have enough skill to put Frost on the 4th line without completely wasting him? If Lindblom were able to play, I'd say they do have enough skill.

Nic Aube-Kubel (RFA) - Proven to be a good bottom 6 guy. Maybe the Raffl deal applies here? 2 x 1.6M?

Alex Lyon (UFA) - I think the Flyers let Lyon walk, rather than have him as the backup G. I think they want more experience behind Hart. And with Sandstrom and Ustimenko both signed for next year, plus Ersson in Sweden, I just don't see a fit for Lyon at this point.

Buyouts
- 2.5M on the cap for Schlemko and MacDonald.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you look at Patrick (2.5) filling in 3C, Aube-Kubel (1.6) filling in one of the 4th line spots, Frost (.86) staking down a regular spot in the lineup; Myers (4), Hagg (1.6), and Morin (.7) filling up the D; that brings the Flyers right up to 80M. Figure your backup G would take up 1.5M and there you have it.

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Farabee - Hayes - Konecny
JvR - Patrick - Frost
Raffl - Laughton - Aube-Kubel

Provorov - Niskanen
Sanheim - Myers
Ghost - Hagg
Morin

Hart
Backup G

That's almost certainly more than Fletcher wants to be spending day 1 of the 20-21 season (if the cap holds at 81.5), but that lineup looks pretty darn good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you look at Patrick (2.5) filling in 3C, Aube-Kubel (1.6) filling in one of the 4th line spots, Frost (.86) staking down a regular spot in the lineup; Myers (4), Hagg (1.6), and Morin (.7) filling up the D; that brings the Flyers right up to 80M. Figure your backup G would take up 1.5M and there you have it.

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Farabee - Hayes - Konecny
JvR - Patrick - Frost
Raffl - Laughton - Aube-Kubel

Provorov - Niskanen
Sanheim - Myers
Ghost - Hagg
Morin

Hart
Backup G

That's almost certainly more than Fletcher wants to be spending day 1 of the 20-21 season (if the cap holds at 81.5), but that lineup looks pretty darn good.
Excellent couple of posts!
Myers is a no brainer 4 years 3.5 per would be good
Hagg same money as now for 2 more years
Patrick 2 years 2.5 is fine with me he better accept that
Morin at .7 is perfect foe a #7 dman and this lets Zamula develop off his injury. Next year barring injury Zamula will be a top 4
Lindblom please come back so we can get rid of a 7 million dollar mistake.
Frost at .86 yes yes yes even if he isnt the god he was billed as right away he will develop in the nhl
NAK love his game but does he come at the expense of Raffls contract.
Lyons good bye Thank you for your service.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent couple of posts!
Myers is a no brainer 4 years 3.5 per would be good
Hagg same money as now for 2 more years
Patrick 2 years 2.5 is fine with me he better accept that
Morin at .7 is perfect foe a #7 dman and this lets Zamula develop off his injury. Next year barring injury Zamula will be a top 4
Lindblom please come back so we can get rid of a 7 million dollar mistake.
Frost at .86 yes yes yes even if he isnt the god he was billed as right away he will develop in the nhl
NAK love his game but does he come at the expense of Raffls contract.
Lyons good bye Thank you for your service.

I'd really hesitate thinking Morin is someone to rely on, even a #7D... those knees just don't appear to be able to hold up. Love the idea of Zamula... Such a wild card with Patrick. Just don't know enough about migraines to know if that's something you can ever put behind you.

That said, would love to see AWAZ's lineup for the 20-21 run.

When is the next season at risk with Bargaining Agreement expiration?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Call it a hunch, old enough to have been through a few of these. They never amount to much and I just think other than the media's ultra hype it'll die down soon. Let's hope I'm right.