• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL officially suspends the season. Will review the situation on a day by day basis.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the silver lining is that Myers and teapot have time to get healthy. The bad news is that we always suck for a while after a long layoff.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the silver lining is that Myers and teapot have time to get healthy. The bad news is that we always suck for a while after a long layoff.

Another silver lining is that the Flyers made their run a little earlier than they absolutely had to. Twitter seems to think regular season games will probably be cut in an effort to preserve the playoffs. Glad we shot up to 2nd now, rather than hanging around the bubble and risk missing out!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the playoff schedule will remain in tact so teapot will just have to man up if he wants to return.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the playoff schedule will remain in tact so teapot will just have to man up if he wants to return.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another silver lining is that the Flyers made their run a little earlier than they absolutely had to. Twitter seems to think regular season games will probably be cut in an effort to preserve the playoffs. Glad we shot up to 2nd now, rather than hanging around the bubble and risk missing out!
Being in second right now is such a relief. Islander fans around here are crying that they dont make it right now if the regular season gets canceled.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(PRETENDING NHL SEASON SUSPENSION DIDN'T HAPPEN AND THAT I"M NOT GOING TO DIE FROM CORONA VIRUS)

Man.... what a game last night !!!! TK and Hart absolutely carried the Flyboys

The ANCHOR is holding back young guns (Oh wait.... Anchor, Patrick and Lindblom are all out)

The Braun trade still sucks....... hindering the development of the young D-Men (oh wait.... Morin and Myers are out.. my bad)

Ok, I feel better... This board is normal

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I pick up my phone to take a quick mental break, but there’s nothing to read about. No hockey, no other boring sports. Just, nothing.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this sucks.... The Masters postponed. I had tickets for Saturday & Sunday.....

If you are bored, try Michael Crichton - State of Fear... written in 2004. Will put this whole hysteria into an interesting context

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I pick up my phone to take a quick mental break, but there’s nothing to read about. No hockey, no other boring sports. Just, nothing.
Yep it's good to have a Honey-Do list of about 3 months worth of things to do.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of having a mini-playoff round with the wild card teams and the ones within range of them first. Give them all a chance as that would be fair as some may have overtaken the ones in now. Also some teams have games in hand on others. This is what I would do if they have no time to play regular season games.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the regular season, it’s toast. Using the spread in China as a barometer, this semi-quarantine period is likely to last at least through the end of April, necessitating at a minimum a shortened playoff format - maybe a 3 game series for each round?

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the regular season, it’s toast. Using the spread in China as a barometer, this semi-quarantine period is likely to last at least through the end of April, necessitating at a minimum a shortened playoff format - maybe a 3 game series for each round?
Could be true but remember they simply don't want this to spike. They fully expect it to spread most of us will get it but the key is not all at once. Either way this could take time to peak and start dropping in numbers before they would start things up again. I hope not!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be true but remember they simply don't want this to spike. They fully expect it to spread most of us will get it but the key is not all at once. Either way this could take time to peak and start dropping in numbers before they would start things up again. I hope not!

Oh yeah, definitely. I was suggesting end of April as probably best case, unfortunately. We could be looking at end of May or even end of June before things get back to normal. No league will want to be the one that jumps the gun on returning too soon...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, definitely. I was suggesting end of April as probably best case, unfortunately. We could be looking at end of May or even end of June before things get back to normal. No league will want to be the one that jumps the gun on returning too soon...

Ya, and with the CDC recommending no gatherings of 50+ for 8 weeks (May 8th), I'm thinking it's more likely than not that we don't see hockey back this year. The stuff I've read says they probably don't want to go past mid-late July with the playoffs. I just can't see taking 2 months off then going straight in to playoffs. They'll need some kind of mini-training camp and I expect would want some games prior to the playoffs. At that point the window is just too short, even with a condensed playoff schedule.

What a weird time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this morning that teams released players to go 'home'. Wherever that is, whatever country it's in. So that's an indicator that they're not thinking of any hockey related activities in the near future.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this morning that teams released players to go 'home'. Wherever that is, whatever country it's in. So that's an indicator that they're not thinking of any hockey related activities in the near future.

PURDUE81 is sad