• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it a hunch, old enough to have been through a few of these. They never amount to much and I just think other than the media's ultra hype it'll die down soon. Let's hope I'm right.
There has never been a few of these

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry bud. These listed in the article don’t stack up to what is happening now. The death toll of Covid19 will overwhelm all listed in this article. Not to mention, I don’t recall a pandemic shutting down sports virtually worldwide before. We are dealing with something different this time that no one has “been through”.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really hesitate thinking Morin is someone to rely on, even a #7D... those knees just don't appear to be able to hold up. Love the idea of Zamula... Such a wild card with Patrick. Just don't know enough about migraines to know if that's something you can ever put behind you.

That said, would love to see AWAZ's lineup for the 20-21 run.

When is the next season at risk with Bargaining Agreement expiration?

I like that lineup, but I think Fletcher tinkers. Really a shame it's not looking good for a playoff run this year. That could really tell us some things.

I'm not real comfortable with Morin as the 7 either. I wonder if they sign an NHL/AHL swingman type guy, like TJ Brennan had been for a while. At least for the early season. Get Morin some AHL time and hopefully get him up to game speed before using him as a true #7 that doesn't play much.

The amount of skating/practicing Patrick had done in the past couple months has me pretty optimistic that he can start next year on time (with the rest of the league, whenever that may be :().

I think Fletcher looks at JvR and/or Ghost deals though. I think Ghost is the easier move, plus if they continue to use Provorov on the top PP unit, they're not even using Ghosts' biggest strength. If the cap really 81.5M, I doubt Fletcher wants to be right at the cap on opening night. Try to save some for a big deadline move. I think this year's team has shown the Flyers are right on the cusp now. Some progression from the young guys and they could really be looking at contender status next trade deadline and looking for a move to put them over the top.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched a few old games over the weekend. Friday was the stadium series v. the Pens that we won it OT. Yesterday was 2010 game 7 vs. the Bruins. I forgot how many role players were on that team. Asham, Betts, Powel. Good stuff!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really hesitate thinking Morin is someone to rely on, even a #7D... those knees just don't appear to be able to hold up. Love the idea of Zamula... Such a wild card with Patrick. Just don't know enough about migraines to know if that's something you can ever put behind you.

That said, would love to see AWAZ's lineup for the 20-21 run.

When is the next season at risk with Bargaining Agreement expiration?
No Morin no problem if that is our biggest worry we are in real good position.

Stay safe!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that lineup, but I think Fletcher tinkers. Really a shame it's not looking good for a playoff run this year. That could really tell us some things.

I'm not real comfortable with Morin as the 7 either. I wonder if they sign an NHL/AHL swingman type guy, like TJ Brennan had been for a while. At least for the early season. Get Morin some AHL time and hopefully get him up to game speed before using him as a true #7 that doesn't play much.

The amount of skating/practicing Patrick had done in the past couple months has me pretty optimistic that he can start next year on time (with the rest of the league, whenever that may be :().

I think Fletcher looks at JvR and/or Ghost deals though. I think Ghost is the easier move, plus if they continue to use Provorov on the top PP unit, they're not even using Ghosts' biggest strength. If the cap really 81.5M, I doubt Fletcher wants to be right at the cap on opening night. Try to save some for a big deadline move. I think this year's team has shown the Flyers are right on the cusp now. Some progression from the young guys and they could really be looking at contender status next trade deadline and looking for a move to put them over the top.
How about Mark Freidman as a number 7 and Morin in the AHL. He was good when he came up and will be cheap so we dont kill our cap situation.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a bit of nostalgia.... if this link continues to have the Jim Jackson video on the 5 OT game vs. the Pens -- I was at that game and stayed until the end.
I went to bed and woke up something around 2:30 am. I turned on the tv and about 30 seconds later Primeau scored. I thought I was watching a highlight from earlier in the night. The next morning I figured out that what I saw was live.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Mark Freidman as a number 7 and Morin in the AHL. He was good when he came up and will be cheap so we dont kill our cap situation.

I'd be open to Friedman. I liked his stuff and I guess at this point he's got pretty good experience. He's played almost 3 full seasons in the AHL now, plus a handful of NHL games.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my hunch about this being a sooner than later crisis seems to be correct. If we're back open for business by Easter I can definitely see a season's end and playoffs. I would think if all goes well things get restored by Easter, have a week of practice mini training camp lol, then finish reg season and then playoffs. Be a little behind but not too bad.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my hunch about this being a sooner than later crisis seems to be correct. If we're back open for business by Easter I can definitely see a season's end and playoffs. I would think if all goes well things get restored by Easter, have a week of practice mini training camp lol, then finish reg season and then playoffs. Be a little behind but not too bad.
You’re hunch is correct based on what? Trump’s arbitrary statement with no factual/medical backing? Come on man. All medical professionals are still saying this is going to get worse before it gets better. It’s ok to be wrong.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but yeah...back to normal by Easter bc Trump said so...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a bit of nostalgia.... if this link continues to have the Jim Jackson video on the 5 OT game vs. the Pens -- I was at that game and stayed until the end.

I remember it for sure (Keith Primeau with the game winner) and I was at game 5 which followed. Defenseman Andy Delmore, in what probably is a nice bit of trivia, had a hat trick in our 6-3 win on home ice.