• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also going to be keeping an eye on Hayes... I thought he was a bit off vs. Sabres. Maybe tired legs, maybe something else. He was a monster on face offs.... but IDK... it worried me.

I thought he struggled last night as well. He had some good plays, but just didn't have that extra level that he's been at most of the season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks. Nothing was getting by Rask. Just one of those games where we played a hot goaltender. Now onto TB. With or without Stamkos, it's going to be a tough to get a win in their building.

Yep. Nailed this one. I thought they played fantastic for the most part in the first 2 periods. Then the Bruins kinda found their legs in the 3rd. Rask is the only reason it was 3 or 4 for Flyers.

I thought Ghost looked pretty good, offensively at least. Pretty dynamic. And apparently influenced his partner to be a little more offensive. Hagg was leading the rush (with or without the puck) on 4 different occasions last night that I noticed! Including the 3 on 2 where Hagg and Ghost were leading the charge. Bit of an odd way to run a 3 on 2 haha

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myers out at least 4 weeks with fractured knee cap. All you wanting to force Ghost in the lineup get your wish as an injury hit as i said should be the case to get him so time. Hopefully his freelancing doesn’t rock the boat as this has been a very disciplined team in recent weeks.

C'mon Eville, don't make it sound like we were hoping for an injury. Or even that we wanted to 'force him in the lineup'. A couple people thought Ghost could use a game. Particularly against a team the Flyers could beat with their C- game (which they did even without Ghost in the lineup).

I'm pretty sure everyone would prefer a healthy Myers with Ghost riding pine for 3 months; than to have Myers hurt and Ghost in the game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shame in that effort. The loss of Myers hurts and now Ghost has to shake off the rust and get after it.

We should've been up 2-0 or 3-0 last night, easily, but obviously Rask made several high quality saves to hold his team in it.

I laugh at how some articles called this a "statement win" by the Bruins. You're not going to win many games in Philly after getting pretty badly outplayed by the home team through two periods.

More than anything, they got very fortunate and their elite goalie played very well. They won't win many games like that come playoff time. You have to play better, we just didn't get the bounces.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Nailed this one. I thought they played fantastic for the most part in the first 2 periods. Then the Bruins kinda found their legs in the 3rd. Rask is the only reason it was 3 or 4 for Flyers.

I thought Ghost looked pretty good, offensively at least. Pretty dynamic. And apparently influenced his partner to be a little more offensive. Hagg was leading the rush (with or without the puck) on 4 different occasions last night that I noticed! Including the 3 on 2 where Hagg and Ghost were leading the charge. Bit of an odd way to run a 3 on 2 haha

I agree Ghost looked pretty good. I focused more on his defensive play, so I'll defer to AWAZ on his offense push.

I don't remember any plays where I thought he was a defensive liability. On the 2nd goal, he appeared to be in position.. covering Kase. Bergeron just made a hockey play... hell.. the shot basically went through Sandheim's stick, which did deflect it, throwing Hart off.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson out a few weeks with a sprained knee. Bunnaman back up.

Really gonna have to dig deep here. 4 games in 6 days against tough competition.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson out a few weeks with a sprained knee. Bunnaman back up.

Really gonna have to dig deep here. 4 games in 6 days against tough competition.

Ouch. Our depth keeps taking hits now. It will probably be good for us in the long run, but not in the short term. I hope we get these guys all back before playoff time and/or we see the return of Patrick. That would be a tremendous boost down the middle.

Either way, the future is very bright for this team when we do get guys like Lindblom and Patrick back next season, plus add another year to the development of other youngsters too.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. Our depth keeps taking hits now. It will probably be good for us in the long run, but not in the short term. I hope we get these guys all back before playoff time and/or we see the return of Patrick. That would be a tremendous boost down the middle.

Either way, the future is very bright for this team when we do get guys like Lindblom and Patrick back next season, plus add another year to the development of other youngsters too.
I wouldn't expect Lindblom back next year, if at all. He has a long fight ahead of him.

As for Patrick, he still is not cleared for contact. For me, his return this year is not a possibility and with each passing week of not being cleared for contact next year is starting to look bleaker.

I hope Fletcher operates as if neither will be on the roster next year. Both are RFAs so we have some flexibility with them. I can't see another team signing either to an offer sheet with all the questions considering the Flyers should have the most accurate prognosis for each.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect Lindblom back next year, if at all. He has a long fight ahead of him.

As for Patrick, he still is not cleared for contact. For me, his return this year is not a possibility and with each passing week of not being cleared for contact next year is starting to look bleaker.

I hope Fletcher operates as if neither will be on the roster next year. Both are RFAs so we have some flexibility with them. I can't see another team signing either to an offer sheet with all the questions considering the Flyers should have the most accurate prognosis for each.
I'm hoping for the best with both of them. Patrick would be great if he made it back this season but I'd be happy with next year. Lindblom no idea he's young and an athlete but that may mean squat unfortunately.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we have playoff hockey...

NBA season suspended, I’m sure the NHL will be next.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we have playoff hockey...

NBA season suspended, I’m sure the NHL will be next.

Yep, typical Flyers’ luck. They’re playing their best hockey in years and the season will be cancelled.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe anchor will be ready when the suspension is over lol

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL just told officials that are on the road to work games to book flights home...

Looks like NHL is suspending season as well...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL just told officials that are on the road to work games to book flights home...

Looks like NHL is suspending season as well...
God dammit!!!!!!!!!!! This has been the season i am most proud of in like 20 years and this BS happens. :gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah: