• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then let Ghost get his boost against Detroit and NJ in late march when we may have the division locked up.
That's a long ways away for a guy to be sitting. It's also not like he's a rookie he's played well in the league but hit a bump and confidence is low. Having him ready to roll would be a positive heading into the playoffs as we know someone will go down its virtually inevitable. Doesn't have to be Saturday but if anyone back there isn't 100% why not?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a long ways away for a guy to be sitting. It's also not like he's a rookie he's played well in the league but hit a bump and confidence is low. Having him ready to roll would be a positive heading into the playoffs as we know someone will go down its virtually inevitable. Doesn't have to be Saturday but if anyone back there isn't 100% why not?
If it aint broke dont fix it is the saying that comes to mind for this situation.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it aint broke dont fix it is the saying that comes to mind for this situation.
I hear ya but the point is Ghost is broken and the team would benefit if he gets his game back. He was real good for this team at one time I feel that he can get it back he could be a huge asset. Plus it gives him value in a future trade if he doesn't fit moving forward. Dumping him in a ditch won't do any good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya but the point is Ghost is broken and the team would benefit if he gets his game back. He was real good for this team at one time I feel that he can get it back he could be a huge asset. Plus it gives him value in a future trade if he doesn't fit moving forward. Dumping him in a ditch won't do any good.
Great if you want to play him that's fine a good time to do that would be late March against Detroit and NJ not while we could taste first place and are rolling on an 8 game win streak.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im off to Florida! Glad i could create some interest on this boring board today. Be back Thursday to stir it up.

Farabee tomorrow

TK against Boston.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im off to Florida! Glad i could create some interest on this boring board today. Be back Thursday to stir it up.

Farabee tomorrow

TK against Boston.
Hey nothing boring about winning right now I just wish I had more time to shoot the shit. Have a nice weekend in Florida I'm just in the Mayan Riviera beautiful place!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I fully expect to win the division and even to clinch it by the end of March, which would give us a few meaningless games to play with.

With 5 of the next 6 games on home ice, it's definitely time to make hay while the sun shines.

That means full throttle ahead and take the division by force, then rest some guys later if necessary and/or give some other guys a chance to knock the rust off.

We've proven time and time again over the last couple months that we're the best team in the Metro and it's arguably the best division in hockey, so the sky is the limit here.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've told you all many times before, lasgop trolls his own board and stirs the pot simply just to create more posts (many of which are completely useless and his). He posts shit that has already been posted and spews nonsense just to spark arguments.

This is why I've had him on mute for a long, long time.

Again, don't argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today should be an easy win for the Flyers, but we've seen this movie many times in the past. Shares have thrown in the towel and that organization is a hot mess right now. I'm predicting their GM Botterill will get fired once the season ends. As for us, the Flyers just need to play their game and not look ahead. I think this team is focused and will take care of business today. My prediction Flyers win 5-1 and TK will get the first goal in the power play.
Lastly, I hope the fans give a standing ovation and a welcome back to Simmer.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know if simmers will get standing O - but he will get cheers vs boos for sure.

I’m going with Farabee - and the Flyers are not going to let this one slip away. Caps - Penguins today so we can pick up points on one of ‘ECM. Crucial with the dozen plus games left.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know if simmers will get standing O - but he will get cheers vs boos for sure.

I’m going with Farabee - and the Flyers are not going to let this one slip away. Caps - Penguins today so we can pick up points on one of ‘ECM. Crucial with the dozen plus games left.

As poorly as they've played lately, both of these teams should be able to lose today...Lol

Either way, I don't know how either of them plans on hanging with us for the division title.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nine games.. First place! Let that sink in for a sec. I'm just lost for words about Carter Hart. I won't forget how a few of you on this board followed this kid from the juniors and on and kept pumping the hype on this young fella. I remember saying that I had not seen hardly anything on him. Well, this kid is a special kind of awesome. He will win a few Vezina trophies during his career no doubt. I'll even go a step further, he will win a cup at some point with the Flyers. It's scary to think that he is just 21 years old. I live in Sabre territory and my buddies who are die hard Sabre fans told me last night that the Flyers are destined to do some damage not just this season, but for years to come. They are jealous that we have the Carter they wish they had. Great win and it was kind of an off night for us.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nine games.. First place! Let that sink in for a sec. I'm just lost for words about Carter Hart. I won't forget how a few of you on this board followed this kid from the juniors and on and kept pumping the hype on this young fella. I remember saying that I had not seen hardly anything on him. Well, this kid is a special kind of awesome. He will win a few Vezina trophies during his career no doubt. I'll even go a step further, he will win a cup at some point with the Flyers. It's scary to think that he is just 21 years old. I live in Sabre territory and my buddies who are die hard Sabre fans told me last night that the Flyers are destined to do some damage not just this season, but for years to come. They are jealous that we have the Carter they wish they had. Great win and it was kind of an off night for us.
The nice thing is we are getting scoring from everyone, that has been sorely missed for a long time here. When you only have to game plan for 1 possibly 2 lines it's easy, when a four line freight train is rolling it's one of the hardest things in the world to stop. Don't believe me, ask St. Louis.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing is we are getting scoring from everyone, that has been sorely missed for a long time here. When you only have to game plan for 1 possibly 2 lines it's easy, when a four line freight train is rolling it's one of the hardest things in the world to stop. Don't believe me, ask St. Louis.
The PK, goaltending and overall D has been pretty impressive as well...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fucking silly is it that we don't own the tiebreaker over Washington after having outscored them 16-7 in the season series, beaten them 3 out of 4 times and collected 7 out of a possible 8 points?

That and 9 straight wins overall, 8 of them in regulation.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh is still in an absolute free fall having lost 8 of 10 all in regulation and they were completely destroyed today by our buddy Justin Williams and Carolina 6-2. This dude is like a poor man's, hockey version of Tom Brady and I wish we still had him.

At this rate, they could be fighting for their playoff lives in just a few games. I don't like their chances either. Other teams are hungrier.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh is still in an absolute free fall having lost 8 of 10 all in regulation and they were completely destroyed today by our buddy Justin Williams and Carolina 6-2. This dude is like a poor man's, hockey version of Tom Brady and I wish we still had him.

At this rate, they could be fighting for their playoff lives in just a few games. I don't like their chances either. Other teams are hungrier.
They're too soft that's why I didn't mind the Flyers picking up tougher players like Grant and Thompson over Marleau. Their D isn't what it used to be either. I feel confident with a first round matchup with penqueens maybe even more than say the Isles or canes...

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Penqueens missing the playoffs is the second happiest thing that could happen this year

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo. Makes all the difference when teams don't just have to game plan for one or two guys.