• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another solid W! Against a team they could be battling with down the stretch too. Thought lady luck was a little more on their side in this one, the Panthers missed some grade A chances and the Flyers finished on most of there's, but that's hockey sometimes.

Huge one tonight. Laughton get's them started.
That was a good team win and we sorely need to follow it up tonight. Im tired of the win one lose one in big parts of the schedule.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanheim/Myers are playing well on both ends of the ice. It's a real difference having legitimate 3/4's playing on the second pair. Last year seemed like we had Provy, Sanheim, Ghost and a bunch or 6/7's. The Niskanen move legitimized the top line and lets the other guys play where they should.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a very good game last night. Did some good work along the boards to keep plays alive. He actually moved his feet a little. He did score but i cant give him credit for it as he was not back checking and of of course the last man out of the zone as per usual, but i guess not back checking paid off last night. I do however give him a great deal of props as when the Panthers were pushing with Frost he went in to stand in front of Frost which i really liked.

I think we need to call him "teapot"

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a very strong win. Looked pretty shaky at first and the our boy Cah Yah took over. WOW. Also I believe Aube-Kubel wants to be an NHLer badly. Kid has freaking rocked it last 3 games and has hit huge strides this season. Gotta keep it rolling and keep the pressure on other teams night in and night out.
Yeah buddy!!!!! That was a great win from all sides. Defense played well ,offense could've scored more if Bob didn't get lucky against PP1. All lines played well and Hart played excellent after the first goal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanheim/Myers are playing well on both ends of the ice. It's a real difference having legitimate 3/4's playing on the second pair. Last year seemed like we had Provy, Sanheim, Ghost and a bunch or 6/7's. The Niskanen move legitimized the top line and lets the other guys play where they should.
I think all of our defense men and goalies are being helped out a lot by the system that AV plays which is a defensive first system. The forwards scoring is way down but we are still a legitimate team because of the defense from top to bottom.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how could you lump Gudas who was our best defenseman last season voted by the team and coaches in as a "bunch of 6/7s"

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My eye test says there was really good team defense. Yes, Cahtah had to make some saves, but it seemed like we disrupted Florida's offensive game quite a bit. Minutes 7 through 13 of the second period, Florida had a lot of time in our zone, but I didn't have that feeling of dread that a goal against was imminent. Our guys seemed to be in proper position and in control, versus flailing all around with four on the puck (beehive hockey) leaving four opponents open. Obviously Florida did not score, and our second goal came late in the period......

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtesy of Charlie O'Connor at The Athletic :

"After their 4-1 loss to the Montreal Canadiens on Jan. 16, the Flyers on average were allowing 2.50 expected goals per 60 minutes of even-strength play per Evolving Hockey’s model, which ranked them 20th in the NHL. But in the past seven games, leading up to Monday’s victory? That rate dropped to 1.68 — second behind only the Boston Bruins. In fact, the Panthers game was the seventh straight in which Philadelphia held its opponent to fewer than two expected goals at even strength, and it speaks to the quality of the Flyers’ recent work that head coach Alain Vigneault still came away dissatisfied with his team’s defensive attention-to-detail. The internal standards are high."

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtesy of Charlie O'Connor at The Athletic :

"After their 4-1 loss to the Montreal Canadiens on Jan. 16, the Flyers on average were allowing 2.50 expected goals per 60 minutes of even-strength play per Evolving Hockey’s model, which ranked them 20th in the NHL. But in the past seven games, leading up to Monday’s victory? That rate dropped to 1.68 — second behind only the Boston Bruins. In fact, the Panthers game was the seventh straight in which Philadelphia held its opponent to fewer than two expected goals at even strength, and it speaks to the quality of the Flyers’ recent work that head coach Alain Vigneault still came away dissatisfied with his team’s defensive attention-to-detail. The internal standards are high."
Total team attention to defensive detail. :thumb:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total team attention to defensive detail. :thumb:

I guess you could say the 'devils' in the details....

What?
Too soon??? I want that game back!

giphy.gif

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spent futile minutes on CapFriendly website, trying to figure out how the Pens could afford this..... I'm more confused than ever....
Im not even gonna look and make myself more mad. Screw them i hope it backfires!!! :mad2:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good team win and we sorely need to follow it up tonight. Im tired of the win one lose one in big parts of the schedule.

While they have some frustrating tendencies, i'm not sure "win one, lose one" is one we need to be overly concerned with at the moment. They've won 4 of their last 5 and 6 of their last 8 (and one of the losses was in OT). They're playing great hockey right now.

And there hasn't been a 'bigger' part of the schedule than right now. Most of those games were against playoff competition.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While they have some frustrating tendencies, i'm not sure "win one, lose one" is one we need to be overly concerned with at the moment. They've won 4 of their last 5 and 6 of their last 8 (and one of the losses was in OT). They're playing great hockey right now.

And there hasn't been a 'bigger' part of the schedule than right now. Most of those games were against playoff competition.
That is true we haven't gone win one lose one lately but we have that tendency that's why we are in the final play off spot and not in first place.